You are not connected. Please login or register

Here and Now [CLOSED]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin questioned the value of her input when everyone else was giving their's, but wouldn't shirk the opportunity to speak with the girl. She gave a light comforting pat on Severa's shoulder. She seemed like she might be feeling guilty, considering the sudden change in tone. People underestimate that in those with mood swings. "You did great. You've got a unique fighting style that seems hard to gauge, and that's an asset in combat. Further, you had seen something wrong, and executed a solution based on that. That boy could have just as easily prayed on someone else he thought was weak, and gotten away with it, right? He had it coming, and needed to be taken down a peg. You should be proud you can stand up to bullies like him." She shrugged, and managed to bite back on a blush. She might have gone into that for too long. Bad first impression. She turned her head away, her embarrassment invisible on her features. "Besides, if you didn't, I think more than one of us would've, and I'm not so generous as to stop for someone who wouldn't afford me the same pleasure... You seem nice enough." Maybe being generous, but she didn't want any lingering guilt in someone who was defending themselves... Even if it was in a questionable manner.

She did her best to follow in silence, until she reached the boys room. She had her doubts about trusting someone with such a messy room to hold her precious few belongings, but she wasn't in a place to judge just yet, and to each their own, right? Besides, based on the personality, it was an innocent laziness. She set her bags down inside, with the simple hope of getting them back without any mysterious new stains. She simply nodded in response. That was most of what she needed to know at any rate. Where the dorms were, and where she could take her classes, right?

27Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Kayo

Kayo
Kayo raised an eyebrow at Severa's question of how as the fight. He couldn't really come up with a good way to explain how he felt about the fight, it was a one on one with one member unarmed, unprepared and totally lacking any form of prepared defense. That wasnt a fight, that was a downright slaughter.

"There was no fight, the boy lacked any self dicipline of a fighter would have. He failed to prepare his defense when you took him by surprise, he let his guard down, he had no poise, no back up plan, and in no way was capable of defending himself." Kayo sighed as he explained this. "He shouldn't be allowed to be a hunter, and he definitely shouldnt be here, whoever's team he's assigned to could end up dead because he has no preparedness let alone obviously no experience." He looked at Severa with a calm smile, however his gaze was cold, serious. "You showed no grace, no fluid movements, and most of all a lack of control. However your overwheleming power over an unprepared, disgraceful, ignorant enemy. I'm pretty sure he will regret his choice of profession as a, as others call them, bully." He paused.

"as for improving, working on self control would be a good one, remember to keep your guard up even when your on the offensive, always be observent of the area around you, and your enemy, cant have someone sneaking up on you in the middle of a battle. Most importantly, never, ever forget the basics. The basics will save your life more than anything advanced ever will." He stopped, he remembered these things as they were taught to him by his mother. His father was too busy working the forge to teach his basic combat tactics, and techniques. His gaze relaxing and the kind smile returning to his face. "Thats what I think anyway." he dismissed his rant with a chuckle and scractched the back of his head. "At least nobody got hurt right? I mean besides that" He grumbled a couple of very dark word "guys pride." He finished.

And then they were off to the dorms. Out the courtyard, into the complex, up a set of stairs three floors, this entire place was not only huge, but also DESIGNED LIKE A MAZE. Kayo was so happy he picked dorms first, he was going to have to litterally draw a map for the entire building if he wanted to learn where everything was. Richard asked if they got their room keys, kayo remember that he did actually. At the gate outisde the Airship dock. Kayo looked around, number 9, number nine. Zero freaking Nine. He would find it. With that he turned on his heel Richard started checking on his room, shouldnt be to far from here if Kayo was currect in checking the numbers nearby.

He popped his key into the sliding slot, and his door popped open. Within was a single bed, a small desk and absolutely nothing else besides the barren walls and the lonely looking window. Kayo smiled, it was just like home. Nothing anywhere, a very tiny workspace for himself, and a place to sleep. Meanwhile outside his private quarters everything was huge and meant for business. Yeah, just like home. He would like it here. He threw his sack inside his room with a thump, then shut and locked the door behind him. Making sure the sheath was still on the back of his waist nicely he continued back towards the group he kinda abandoned. He walked around the corner to find Richard still loitering around and Yins bag inside the young mans room. Interesting choice personally, but hey Kayo doesn't judge anything besides personality in combat, combat was only where life choices happened. He smiled to the rest of them. "Classrooms? I'm ready"

28Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
As Severa listened and read the different comments on her fighting, she understood that she had fought the bully from earlier by herself with a little too much aggression. She took note of everything that was said like it was some notes for a final exam or something. When she was done, she looked at everyone saying: "Was I that much aggressive? I didn't noticed..." She was feeling rather uncomfortable as she didn't remember what happened at that time. She then looked at everyone and thanked all of them with a kind of awkward smile and a small bow. "Thank you everyone for telling me this, I'll try to better myself at fighting (and my memory) to be even better that I was supposedly was. Not that I doubt your sayings just that I think that it is too nice of you all for saying such nice things to me..." She felt even more awkward as she thought that she looked stupid right about now. She bowed as a sign of apology.

When she heard Richard talk about a music room from Gawain's pad, she looked toward the later with sparkling eyes. "Wait, do you play music? What instrument do you play? Do you play more than one? I love to sing sometime, we should do something together, I mean if you'd want to. Would you?" She then realized she was once again bombarding him with questions and apologized right away. She also thought about the way she asked him that and slightly blushed as well as she was waiting for an answer.

As the group was going for the dorms, she decided to follow. She was following quietly as Rich was leading them toward his room on the third floor. Sevy looked at her map to be sure of something before saying: "On this side of the school, it's the boys dorms, on the other side there's the girls' and on the annexe, there's the dorms of the teams." She then looked at both Rich and Kayo that opened their door to see the both extremes possible in the cleaniness of a room.

When they started to go for the classrooms, Sevy felt a little light headed and sat on the floor with a hand against the wall and the other on her forehead, allowing her left eye to be seen. She started to pant a little like she was lacking oxygen or something.

29Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:54 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
It was nice to see everyone give their opinion on Severa's small bout; Gawain didn't know if it was just out of common courtesy, but he thought that everyone was just being truthful and kind in their statements. He even thought Yin was somewhat kind at heart, even though she seemed to have something against him. Gawain hoped that, in the very least, she was able to take as much as she could out of all of their comments and better herself through them. He always hoped that everyone would become stronger and achieve their goals in life; he never really hated anyone at first sight or thought bad of them, well, until they showed any sign of major hostility. For now though, Gawain's opinion on these group of people remained static: kind, extrovert, and overall, interesting to him. Maybe after that day was over and they all moved on their separate paths, Gawain would see them once more and perhaps even talk for a while. That'd be fun, or at least pleasing, to him.

Knowing that there were a few classrooms set-up for music was a joyful thing for Gawain to know. He had very little practice in his piano skills ever since he left that old home; in fact, most of the time at his previous academy restricted him from any practice with it, or it was more like Gawain restricted himself from playing it. Nevertheless, he was excited in being able to play it once more, this time in peace and happiness. However, before the boy could enlighten himself even more in his thoughts, he was confronted with the sudden, glowing stare Severa was giving him. Once more he was bombarded with questions, this time about music, and of course, Gawain was more than welcome to answer her questions.

"Yes, I'm a pianist, and it's quite joyful or at least fun. I haven't tried playing more than one instrument as I was only interested in the piano. I guess I could try more, but I'd just prefer sticking to one. And yes, I'm perfectly fine with working on something with you; however, just know that it's been a while since I've played, so I might be a bit rusty."

Once Gawain finished his answer to Severa's numerous questions, he lent her his notepad, giving her his response. He had never worked in a collaboration with someone before, considering that the only time he played was with the one who taught him. She was a really kind person, and he hoped now that, wherever she was, she was watching from above and smiling down upon him. With a small smile towards Severa and then towards the sky, Gawain continued on his way, following Richard and the group towards the dorm rooms.

Traveling across the courtyard to the dorms was somewhat of a pain due to the distance they had to travel, but Gawain didn't mind. It was a nice day after all, so why should he bothered about a small detail like that? However, the flights of stairs were more painful and somewhat troublesome as he carried his case with both his hands up the stairs. He tried to carry as much necessities as he could, but for a split second, he wished he hadn't. Ultimately, the feeling of torment was alleviated as the group reached the designation or at least Richard's. Placing his case back down on the floor and dragging it along behind him, Gawain took out the key to his dorm room that he was given. To think, he wouldn't even know where this key would be used if Richard hadn't guided them to the dorms. Looking around the floor, even walking up and down a few hallways, Gawain continued to cross-reference the number on his key with the number on the doors until he finally reached his room. Unlocking it and opening it up, Gawain found his room to be fresh: lonely, empty except for the bed, desk, and the window, and a new home for now. There was also the fact that there was a dorm just for teams at the academy; Gawain hoped that he'd be able to find the right team for him. He didn't know how the exact process worked, but he was somewhat excited about it. He could become best friends with his team, or at least that's what he hoped from an optimistic point of view. But, only time would tell for that.

Once his case was dropped off, as simple as that was, Gawain left his room with his key, locking the door behind him as he once more joined his fellow companions on the tour around the academy. He had no qualms with going towards the classrooms, hoping that they'd end up stopping by one of the classrooms with instruments on that part of the tour. A smile lit his face at the sudden thought, but while on the way there, he noticed that Severa had collapsed for some strange reason unbeknownst to him. He approached her calmly, crouching a small ways away from her as he tried to examine her condition. It was obvious that she was panting, but he had no clue what to do, so he just simply waved in front of her. Obviously, it wasn't the best thing to do, but Gawain just didn't know what to do.

30Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:47 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"You're all done then? Right class- Realisation struck Richard like a bullet to the skull, his expression switching to one of dread; I'm meant to be sick...I haven't been to my class all week. Well... this'll be difficult. A quick look at the wooden rook piece in his hand gave him an idea.

He shook his head, pointing back toward the stairs; "Right, going by distance after the classes would be the library, let's go."

For a brief while he led the party out in front but he slowly but surely backed into the center of the group and barked out the directions, hiding from any wandering teachers. He sent them back down a flight, leading to one of the school's many blocks of classes, "Well, this'll be where you spend most of your time being shouted at by those who think they're above you... you lot go investigate I'll just... ya know plan the... next part of the route?"

Richard waved the group off, sending them to investigate while he hid behind a potted plant. A quick scan of the area told him that none of them were wandering the corridors right now... does that mean they're all in classrooms? Richard only had one shot at this, winding his wrist he tossed the chess piece waiting until it got to the very edge of his ten meters maximum. He knew it wouldn't be enough but he could bolt it the rest of the way.

Timing it perfectly he switched, landing then immediately running down the corridor and out of the possible viewing range of the glass panes on the classroom doors. He pulled of his hat and ran a hand through his spikey black hair... that was closer than he'd wanted it to be, they almost certainly all knew his semblance now... well long as they don't spread it he still thought he had the advantage on them. He sat down against a wall waiting for the group.

Aura:

31Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:26 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin nodded to Kayo's statement, turning her head back to Severa. "It's as he says. You could do for some discipline. However, aggression is a must. It's a fight. If you're not punching, you're losing." She added, and followed Richard to the classrooms, walking passed him to stand at the doorway, as he waved her in. She spared glances between him and the other students. It was a little suspicious to be leaving them into the room while he went to do who knows what. Not to mention, that certainly sounded strange to her. Wasn't like a tour needed a plan, right? Especially someone who looked deathly allergic to activities like planning, or general thinking. Then suddenly... Gone...

She crossed her arms. She had never heard of a Semblance involving any kind of space distortion, and surely he couldn't be THAT fast... "... Interesting..." She decided to herself. Whatever the reason, it didn't effect her, but the shape of the classroom hardly mattered to her. Knowing where it was is the entire point of the tour. She waited for the group to sate it curiosity, leaning on the just to the side of the door. "Mind showing me to the female dorms later?" She threw in at Sevy. I would hate to chance getting lost among so many males." She jested with the smallest of laughs.

32Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:44 am

Kayo

Kayo
Kayo looked around the classroom area, seemed to be a larger wing than what it looked like. Interesting? He sniffed the air a few times, as he realized that Richard was no longer with the group, apparently trying to avoid visual contact with the group, maybe he was avoiding the teachers? Would kinda make sense, he seemed like the type to avoid classwork. In fact he pretty much up and stated this moments after they were introduced to him.

Kayo made a mental note of this incase he needed to help Richard avoid the Teachers, quickly coming up with backup plans in case they did get spotted. He wasn't going to let his new acquaintance get caught on the tour. He needed Richard to show him around. His mismatched eyes, of gold and blue, absorbed and scanned the area around him, taking as much information as he could.

He kept to himself for now, and wondered if they had a library.

33Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy raises her head to see the clear look of Gawain, crouched near her, wondering if she was alright. She looked at him and nodded with a smile. "Don't worry Gawain, it's nothing, I'm just feeling a little dizzy that's all." She stood up and brushed her skirt and looked like she was fine. She was, at least that's what she thought for now...

She then started to follow the group once more and answered Yin's request. "Sure, I'd be happy to show you our dorms later if you want, we could go there after Richard is done with the rest of the tour. I mean, if it alright with you of course..." She didn't want to delay the tour nor get separated from it as Richard is probably the best right now for that.

As Richard was slowing down to let the group pass him, Severa wondered why he was doing so before seeing switch place with a little wooden chess piece, she picked it while Rich was farther ahead so she could give it back to him afterward.

She looked through a panel of a class that was dimly lit but could clearly see Lloyd sitting in the back of that class. Looking at her scroll and at the number next to the door, she found that it was the class on Occultism, one that she thought of signing for but couldn't as it was already full. She was then slowly following the group waiting for the next part of the tour.

34Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:02 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
It was quite strange to see Severa start acting up like that out of no where, but he believed her and continued on his way with the group, although keeping somewhat close to Severa just in case something like that happened again. He didn't want to show attachment just right off the bat, but he never had someone this kind to him before in such a long time, his age that is. Gawain couldn't help but caring about Severa, seeing her already as a close friend. Call it obsessive, weird, strange, etc., but to himself, he was happy to know some people in that world cared about him.

For a while, it was strange that the group was walking around Richard, their tour guide who, in most cases, would be leading them from the front of the group. Rather, this one was scrunched up in the middle, telling them to go this way and that based off what he could see. Gawain didn't know why Richard was doing such a thing, but Gawain didn't ask why either; he just let their guide do what he wanted. After all, he was being generous enough to give the three newcomers a tour of the school. However, despite the previous adventure as a circle group or whatever they could've been called, once the group reached the educational or school part of the academy, Richard then told them to go and investigate. Having no idea what that meant, Gawain simply walked off for a bit, examining the classrooms whenever he came close to one, although he generally stayed close to wherever Richard was.

With the close proximity to Richard, Gawain was able to catch a glimmer of what seemed like his Semblance, even though Gawain was befuddled at what just occurred. The boy had disappeared, or rather, teleported somehow, only to sprint away from wandering eyes. Just like that, Gawain simply didn't know what had happened. A Semblance that allowed someone to teleport sounded like one that was incredibly powerful. He simply didn't know how it worked, but with an interesting one like that and with time on his side, Gawain wasn't afraid to go up to Richard to ask, preparing his notepad with the question at hand.

"Richard, was that your Semblance, a teleportation technique of some kind? It looked very impressive to see it be performed. If you don't mind, then can you tell me how it works?"

Stepping up to Richard, having followed him shortly after that trick, Gawain presented his notepad to him, intrigued at the display, although unobservant at that, having not seen the set-up.

35Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:59 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard supressed a yawn, it would seem using his semblance had split the group up but on the other hand no teachers were coming out to rain down with punishments on him. He turned as Gawain approached, his pad extended.

"Eh? Semblance? What semblance? I just ran over here to avoid meddling profs. I have no idea what you're talking about, I haven't used my semblance." Richard lied not wanting to give any of this group any kind of advantage when it came to fighting him. Less they knew the better it was for him.

While it seemed Gawain was here, ready to continue, and Severa was slowly making her way down the corridor toward them. It appeared Yin and Kayo had completely lost track of him, he made a mental note of this assuming they had the shortest attention span or field of vision before shouting, "Oi! I don't want to hang around this place much longer! Hurry up library's next!"

Richard stood with a yawn, stretching an arm above his head to aid in them finding him. He wanted to get to the library quickly, far preferring the calm cool air in there to the hot stuffy nature of the classrooms.

36Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin gave a disinterested yawn to cover up the seething in her head. She didn't particularly like the way he was addressing her, but it was too early to be making enemies. She spared him the obscene gesture she had in mind, and elected to calmly follow the group. She took note of the chess piece Severa had picked up however. Near where Richard was. Did he switch places with it? Awful useful trick in a fight if it was so.

"That was implied." Yin added to Severa's statement plainly. Obviously, she had no intention of parting with the group just yet. Although certain characters made the idea of up and leaving easy to play with. "Lead on." She said to Richard with an expertly executed mock-up smile as sweet as honey, and a voice to match once she had caught up with her tour group. Maybe she meant to look a little condescending. Only a little though.

37Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:00 am

Kayo

Kayo
Kayo had turned and started walking towards Richard when the small man started saying words in his direction. He wanted to get a move on as well, that was a good sign. Kayo's excitement kicked up when the word Library was mentioned. His pace quickened until he stood next to Richard, he just smiled at the small man. After you mate" he said calmly. He knew they all had their gimmicks, it was part of being a hunter. One learned to use their Aura, then eventually discovered their semblance.

He learned his through his training with his mother. She taught him how to defend himself not only from people but from grimm. He learned how to use his Aura and Semblance from her, even if he didnt share the same Semblance as she did. He learned that all Semblances basically function the same way overall, concentration.

38Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:10 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Severa was surprised and a little annoyed by the bluntness of Yin's answer as she had agree to show her the girls' dorm later, as it wasn't a request but more like an order of some sort. She pouted in the other direction as she brushed her hair with her fingers while following the others.

She would look at the chess piece with an odd look as it seem somewhat weird to her. Not knowing what, she dismissed it as just a weird feeling toward the object. She placed the piece in her pocket so she wouldn't lose it while on the tour and give it back later. She didn't want to give it now as she was wondering if Richard was linked to this singular chess piece or something else about this was missing to her to know. It must have a link to his semblance, otherwise, how would he have been able to do what he did...

She was so focused on her thoughts that she bumped into Yin as she walked a little faster. "Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going, I was thinking too much I think." She would bow to apologize right after the collision.

39Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:02 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
It came as a disappointment to Gawain when Richard refused to answer; Gawain would've really liked to know, because it just looked so interesting. He honestly didn't know why Richard didn't want to say anything after that sudden display of his Semblance, but there was nothing Gawain could've done to change his mind, seeing Richard as the way he was. Instead, Gawain simply made a small note detailing Richard's Semblance, or what Gawain understood of it at the bottom of the front page. It was probably a slight bit impolite to do so, taking notes on another person, but if it helped Gawain in a duel or if it allowed him to help others, then at least he'd be prepared. Well, that was Gawain's innocently honest way of looking at it.

Placing his notepad back beside his sword's sheath, Gawain joined the group on their leave to the library, once they were all together that is. It took them quite a while, but Gawain had no qualms; he was ready for his life ahead, and there was no way, or almost no way, that he was going to back down. Thinking about the library though, Gawain was probably going to spend quite a bit of his time there for schoolwork, research, etc. Then again, there was the music rooms where he could improve and get back into the life of a pianist. He'd have to decide some other time. The academy was also quite large, and it seemed easy to get lost, so knowing the basic lay-out would've been necessity, or a suggestion.

Keeping to himself for most of the walk, Gawain examined his surroundings and even watched the group in silence. The small bump that Severa caused with Yin even made him smile, only for a moment though as he continued on with his own thoughts. Between what he was going to do, and what he had to do, he thought about the four people that were walking with him. They all had their goals and dreams that motivated them to succeed. Gawain simply wondered what were their motivations.

40Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:50 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard's stomach growled as the group finally caught up with him, he mentally cursed them for shooting down his cafeteria first option. He was glad they were going to the library next though, least it was peaceful there. He plodded ahead of them again, past the teacher's lounges (Which doors had no windows so he knew he was safe) until they came to a massive block with automatic doors.

"Oi, keep quite until I talk again. Librarian's known for having a rather hyperbolic temperament."

Richard wandered in attempting to ignore the old fart's evil glare. Meh, she knows where I'm going Richard thought to himself. The library was massive, books to the roof. As he rounded a corner and got a decent distance from the librarian he began to comment; passing by the library's powerful computers, "The computers here are annoying, won't let you research some of the more... dangerous topics but you can usually find a backdoor of sorts. Honestly you'll just find the information you need in a book anyway."

A grin covered Richard's face as he rounded a corner, heading toward the very back of the library. There it was, his domain and his throne. The corner was littered by books and crumpled up weapon and dust manipulation ideas scribbled on paper. He didn't really care which of them they saw, wasn't planning on using any of them anyway. On either side of the beanbag were books, stacked up to the point of being armrests. In front of it was a chessboard which to the untrained eye would look to be made of a white stone and a darker black stone when in actuality it had been formed from earth dust, "I'd recommend giving up on your classes and setting up a place like this for when you can be bothered to learn. Takes a good few days sitting there to convince the janitor to leave it though."

Richard flopped over the chessboard and onto the beanbag with a yawn, reaching beneath it he pulled out a bar of dark chocolate, "Don't touch the chessboard ... so... any questions? Feel llike that'd be a good thing to ask around this point."

41Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:08 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin whimpered inwardly seeing the reaction she had elicited from the girl with her answer. Again she kept her usual stoic expression regardless. Her eyes seemed to blankly follow Richard, inspecting him for a further trace of personality. It would be interrupted as Severa bumped into her, stumbling. Yin threw her arms up slightly, stepping forward, ready to catch the girl with slightly alarmed eyes. Stepping back she gave a sigh, and resumed her vacant expression. "It's completely fine." She took to a monotone, waiting a moment to make sure she had regained her balance, and continuing with the group.

It seemed Richard knew the library fairly well. Judging by his set up, he spent quite a bit of time there. There was something to be desired about a person that enjoyed literature, and managed not to gloat about it. Although, something might be left to desire from someone who made a public area his personal residence, and impaired someone's job. However, a library is relatively straight forward. She leaned against the wall again, crossing her arms, and waiting for the group to move on.

42Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Kayo

Kayo
Ah good, they did have a library. He knew some academies didn't and he felt good that he joined one that did. It was important they had something that could help him survive this rigid encounter with things he felt he wasn't used too. Mainly his fellow students. Richard mentioned that his fellow students should have an area that is their own, because classes were useless.

Classes weren't useless, they were good time sinks. They passed the time quicker than not doing anything else. Plus they had the added ability to probably tell him something he didn't already know. That was always a good bonus point. He started learning the sorting system while waiting for the group to do something, he didn't really have any questions.

just goals.

43Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:01 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
When she had bumped into Yin, Sevy was surprised by the reflex Yin had as she was ready to catch her if she had fall. She gave her a smile as a thank. I was nice to see that even if she had been slightly cold, she did cared for other and her reaction was proof to attest that.

Severa didn't thought much of the library, it wasn't the kind of place she was going a lot. Plus, she finds the librarian scary... She did thought though a lot about Richard's second living quarters and none were good to say. "How can he sleep or even study like this? Dunno but it shows a lot about him. Nothing we don't already know though. True, but still, there might be something... What? Look there..." Sevy looked at the chessboard and noticed that it was made out of dust. "Wait, how do you keep that chessboard in this form constantly? The dust is suppose to vaporize when not used for a prolonged period of time, right?" Sevy was impressed by this as for her part, she had to focus on her weapons to keep them in form. As she was forwarding her finger to poke the chessboard, Richard came flying above and said to not touch it. She back-stepped and looked at him.

44Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Peace and Quiet were, most of the time, Gawain's personal and best friends. They were usually hung out with Gawain in his room, during break, any place where he had only his thoughts to tend to. One such location was a library. Having isolated himself so many times in his past, studying, reading, and a bit of late-night training were his primary sources of activity, so a library would be one of Gawain's preferred places to stay when he needed some time to himself. He examined the environment he was in, taking notice of sectioning of books, where work tables were located, where the computers were placed, where he could sit and spend time in privacy; if there was any place he needed his time with Peace and Quiet, then the library was definitely once place. He was quite satisfied that Richard had brought them here first, even though Richard still seemed grumpy.

Staying silent, Gawain's specialty, he followed Richard to where the boy had some type of extra home set up for himself. It was dirty and unkempt for the most part, causing Gawain to frown at the display. Nevertheless, it was Richard's own decision to keep his place like that, so Gawain didn't say anything about it. As for questions, he would've asked if students could really could pass their classes without even attending them, but considering Richard's harsh nature after that sudden display of assault towards Severa, Gawain let off on that, not wanting to disturb the beast. Instead, the boy took it upon himself to make his way towards one of piles of books, taking from the top to see what Richard usually spent his time reading.

After a few quick skims of the books Richard had read, understanding a few of them and roughly comprehending the rest, Gawain set them back in their respective order the way he found them before stepping away with from the books as a sudden growl from his stomach came about. He was clearly hungry, having not eaten anything on the way here, but he held it in, not wanting to worry anyone as he stepped a fair distance away from the group. The tour was going great, and Gawain simply didn't want to trouble anyone with a his own necessity to eat, so he was prepared to wait until the appropriate time came along.

45Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:16 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"They ought to sooner or later" Richard replied to Severa, "But high enough concentration over such a small area helps prevent that, does make them pretty hyperbolic though. Wrong touch and they blow up, hope to save that for when a piece is taken. With a careful hand it shouldn't be to hard." Richard yawned, it seemed none of them had any further questions. Part of him was pleased at the lack of noise pollution, the other half annoyed he'd have to continue this godforsaken tour.

He heaved a sigh, shoving the bar in his pocket and rising to his feet. He heard an unmistakeable sound coming from one of his piles of books, "Hungry are we? Well makes sense, it was around lunchtime when we started and you did all shoot me down on going to get grub first, well better late than never I guess. Hope you're not all expecting a meal from me, vending machines should be open if you want some."

Richard stalked off, expecting them to follow, glaring at the librarian upon their exit. She glared back, as he expected. Just to their right was a staircase, from there he led them down to a quickly emptying lunch room. He shoved himself into a chair, pointing off to the right. "Vending machines are over there, the cafeteria food is surprisingly decent and they are very picky about trash."

46Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:08 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin chewed on her finger in thought. She began to surmise that the chess piece's had a dual purpose. He used compressed dust to replace himself, doubling as a type of lagged detonation. She would remember never to get this guy in a grapple, and pay close attention to his in combat should the need arise. Still, she wasn't surprised in the ability to create lasting sculptures with dust. Or rather that it was possible. After all, people put it into clothes as well. Even considering that, his ability to do so spoke volumes of his capabilities as a student. She wondered how long he had been there.

Yin's attention was called to her stomach eliciting a pat on her abdomen. She hadn't actually eaten today. She tilted her head at a bluntness of Rich's statement. It was a respectable quality. At he least he didn't let people use him. Shrugging it off, she followed him, noting the librarian and him exchanging daggers from their eyes. Coming to the mess area, she simply bought a protein bar from a vending machine, nibbling it liberally, and waiting for the group once more.

47Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:59 am

Kayo

Kayo
He could surmise that Yin's chewing of her nail ment she was thinking. Probably assimilating the knowledge that Richard had of Dust. He continued to smile honestly, these people were too quick to assume things about each other. More importantly why were they assuming things about each other, they weren't enemies, they were students under the same banner. Werent we here to fight the grimm? Not each other? Why were people thinking so hard about their combat knowledge. Sure it helped you if you were fighting against them, but a fight together means you need to worry more about the opponent. His train of thought paused, allowing him to guess that knowing your teams moves would help as well, it would help find weaknesses they couldn't during training, and practice.

He made a mental note to regularly spar with his team if he ever became a part of one.

Then they left the library and continued onwards at the pace of Richard. Kayo being too absorbed with his surroundings to care about the ocular daggers the librarian and Richard exchanged. Kayo was confused when they stopped at first. This was his first time seeing a machine like this. At first he just stared at it and smiled, like he had been the entire tour. Then Yin walked up deposited money in the machine, and it deposited a bar which she pulled out of it. Convenient for a academy. Too many people having not enough time to actually sit down and make and eat food, can just go to one of these fancy things and acquire sustenance this way.

He raised an eyebrow at the prices, calculating that he needed the majority of his money for normal people clothes, he decided against it. Getting out of his Kimono was the number one goal on his mind. Second to that, class registration. He wanted to look the part before he became the part. He decided questions and communication couldn't hurt. He pulled out a small scrap of paper from the inside of the cloth over his chest, as well as a pen.

Gawain, why would people be trying to prepare themselves for combat against one another? I thought we were here to learn how to fight the Grimm?

He wrote the note to one of the group he thought was sensible, and not capable of communicating his thoughts, out loud. While some people might say rude for taking advantage of the poor mans disability. Kayo thought of it the other way around, it was an advantage, it allowed him to be stealthier than the people who could talk, as he didn't need a word to communicate. He decided then, that if he joined a team he wanted to be on Gawain's team, at the very least he wanted to be his friend.

Kayo waited for Gawain to walk around the nearby corner, and then would offer the now folded up note to the man with two fingers, subtly, still with his smile. He didn't want to hide the note, he wanted it to seem like he did. It was hard to fool anyone when you were writing information down in the hallway, against a vending machine. Impossible to keep that information to yourself, however he wanted to keep the content to the two of them if possible.

48Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:35 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy took note of what Richard said about focusing on an area to maintain all his chessboard together. She thought that she'll need to work on that to be better with her weapon shifting. She also took note that it was pretty volatile and that it could explode if not handled carefully. She back-off slightly just in case.

When she heard both Gawain's and Yin's stomach grumbles, she started to giggle. "Starting to be hungry? Well that means that you haven't eaten properly this morning. For my part I di-..." Her little teasing came to an end when her own tummy started to ask for food as well. She put both of her hands on it trying to cover the sound, but limped her head forward embarrassed as she was blushing intensely. "I-I am good t-to get something to e-eat..." She followed the group toward a vending machine, she saw that Yin bought a protein bar, something Sevy never tried. She looked at the different snack there was and saw her favorite kind of candy, that seemed to be ready to fall by itself. She put money in the machine, not dialing anything yet, walked on the side of the machine and hit the side with her butt, shaking the machine in order to make her candy fall. It worked! She then dialed for the same bar that Yin choose and pick her two items before skipping near Yin with a cute little smile of victory before nomming on the bar.

49Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
MUSE

Gawain was clearly embarrassed when the others started to take notice of him; Richard even had them head to the school's vending machines because of him. It wasn't a bad thing by all means, but Gawain was simply just embarrassed by the actions of the scene. Stepping out from his hiding spot from the piles of books, Gawain's head was hung low with a faint blush on his cheeks for the incident. He was ready to just follow Richard like that, keeping track of his feet as they would move along; however, Yin's own growling and Severa's rather cute nature when she found she was hungry improved Gawain's disposition to the situation right away. It even brought a smile to his face when Severa had given into the idea of going to eat. With that notion taken care of, Gawain willingly followed the group once more, keeping in silence as always, although happier than before.

Leaving the library, Gawain noticed the glare that both Richard and the librarian gave each other; he wondered why there was such a hostility between the two. Being one of the ones at the back of the group, as they were leaving, Gawain waved to the librarian with a kind look on his face, knowing that he was going to be back one day to see her. Hopefully, they'd make good friends with each other, but then again, Gawain generally thought that of everyone. As the group left for the vending machines, Gawain thought about the entire day in its fullest: he arrived at Syne, only to meet the group and watch a quickly decided fight; he found his room at the dormitories; he went to the library and found the experience rather delightfully, and now, he was going to continue on that day with a treat from a vending machine.

Watching the rest of the group buy their own first, he noticed Yin obliged to one, enjoying it from what he could tell; Kayo was alright without having one, even though everyone had something on their hands to eat; Severa, purposely, hit the machine with her tush, and one item, supposedly from someone who had wanted it, but failed to, fell to the bin at the end, and she proceeded to obtain one more. However sad it might've been for the previous person at the machine, if that was the case, Severa was quite happy about it, and if someone was at least happy at the end of the day, then everyone won, in some way or another. Walking up to the machine as it was his turn, he noticed Kayo holding up a strip of paper, not wanting to talk out loud in front of everyone. Gawain didn't know if the action was done out of kindness or pity, so he simply took it as both.

With a gentle smile on his face, after having read what Kayo had wanted to say, he pushed the paper away and took out his own notepad, beginning from where he left off on the next blank page.

"It may be because inside, we all want to fight and get better. Fighting against others, learning their strategies, it can all improve yourself in other cases of adaptability. If it applies to one person, then it could apply to several others. As for fighting the Grimm, the same logic applies. Even though we all hope to become Hunters one day, we still have our own goals in the end. Some of us have goals that want us to become better than others, some of us have goals to want to protect others. Everyone has their own ideals, and nobody can stop that. We can only suggest and give our own thoughts, Kayo."

With that, Gawain handed his notepad off to Kayo as he chose his own snack he wanted; his guardian gave him some money to spend freely when he got to Syne, although only when it was of the utmost importance. He'd most likely get a job from then on, but for now, he decided to just spend a piece of it for now. Taking out the appropriate amount of Lien, he slipped it into the machine and obtained himself an energy bar, needing it for the rest of the day. Peeling the covers away, Gawain turned back to Kayo with a kind smile, patting his shoulder with his free hand while Gawain took the first bite of his snack.

50Here and Now [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard looked at their meals, turning up his nose at their rather bland decisions. Energy bars were far too bland tasting to him, what's the point in eating a hunk of protein? Why not just eat meat instead, machine had plenty of wraps and baguettes. Just their bad tastes, he decided pulling back out his chocolate and eating a few squares.

Now was as good a time as ever for a break, they had been walking quite a bit. He threw back his head in a yawn, none of them had particularly interested him. He observed, Gawain and Kayo having one conversation through paper, while Severa and Yin stood together. With a yawn and a sigh he kicked his legs up on the table, pondering whether or not he'd be able to get a nap in before they wanted to move again. Likely not but he could at least close his eyes for a few...

Richard Lionheart had fallen asleep, the bar of chocolate falling into his lap. Being the frequent sleeper that he was the boy did not snore, occasionally he would purr but not today. The short boy napped, peaceful and silent, or at least he would until someone decided to awaken him.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum