You are not connected. Please login or register

A New Student [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A New Student [Open] Empty A New Student [Open] Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:49 pm

Sienna Dark

Sienna Dark
The campus of Syne was quite the sight and there was a good amount of soil and grass to see while still not leaving the campus. A rather short girl only just over four feet in height walked admiring what nature there was to be seen on campus. She dawned armor which was colored like the earth in shades of brown and the like yet didn't seem encumbered by the plated armor at all. Due to the sun being high in the sky and just a slight breeze the day felt perfect, and a perfect day it was for arriving to a new school. Sienna moved to a bench just beside a bed of grass and a tall tree which provided shade from the sun. A spot on the bench would provide a good spot to think or simply admire nature for many as it's simplistic beauty could inspire even the least poetic to scribe beautiful words. Sienna looked down at a patch of dirt which was not topped with grass and pulled a few small clumps of dirt and rock up with her semblance, but quickly returned them to their original state when should someone see her, She had intended to keep her semblance a secret for at least a little while, to give her time to get a feel for this school and who could be trusted.

2A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
No one had an idea Richard was up there. How long he had been up there and how he had gotten there were known only by him. The faunus boy lay in silent slumber across a thick branch a book he had been reading covering his face. His claws were imbedded either side of him, preventing him from falling. For once the short boy was happy...

His positive state grew negative with the loud ringing of the school bell. Heavy eyelids snapped open with a groan, his claws detaching from the bark as he sat up. Rubbing his eyes he yawned, taking in the surrounding area. As he moved harsh sunlight flooded from where his head had been to the side of some girl's head.

Richard dropped from a tree like a sack of potato's, yawning as he descended. He landed with a thud, boots hitting the ground. He reopened his book and leaned against the tree, trying to ignore what he assumed would be a flood of students going for lunch. He grumbled under his breath as their chatter reached his ears wishing his sleep could have gone unimpeded.

3A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Hunter Beta

Hunter Beta
Hunter had finished exploring the campus. The school was a Huge place. He was asked if he would join the school but told them he needed time. that was about an hour ago. He was still unsure if he would join or not. He stops near Sienna. he pulls out all 4 of his blades. he was examining them they took a bit of a beating during that Grimm fight, but they were not damaged enough to be worried about. he makes then fly around a bit before putting them away in his backpack again. He looks up at the sky unsure what to do now. after a bit of sigh he sees Sienna sitting by herself, and goes over to introduce himself. "Hello are you new here? Im new as well....well kinda i haven't decided if i want to join or not yet...Oh! sorry where are my manners. My name is Hunter. Whats yours?" he jumps when Richard fell from the tree. his swords instinctively come out and was ready for a fight.

4A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Sienna Dark

Sienna Dark
From the bench multiple large groups of students began moving around the courtyard and all over campus, the ruckus was loud and it was not hard for Sienna to get a feel for her surroundings due to the constant pounding of foot steps all around her. There was one presence which Sienna found rather interesting was a boy sleeping in a tree, and he was likely to fall soon from how Sienna perceived it. One more moving presence was brought to her attention when an unfamiliar voice said "Hello are you new here? Im new as well....well kinda i haven't decided if i want to join or not yet...Oh! sorry where are my manners. My name is Hunter. Whats yours?". Sienna had little need to look towards the humanoid creature which had introduced itself as hunter as she already had a feel for his entire stature more than sight could give. "Well to start, I go by the name Sienna." Sienna replied and just before the man in the tree fell to the ground just as she had thought. Hunter seemed shocked, but for Sienna the man falling from the tree was to be laughed at, and so laugh she did.

5A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard yawned and looked up from his book only to see a boy's swords pointed at him; well that's one way to introduce yourself. Guess it saves me the hassle of figuring out his weapon later. Richard would have ignored him and went back to his book but he overheard laughing coming from around the boy, it was the girl he had seen while he was up there. The one who he had been shading.

"Well... she caught sunstroke fast. Heat got to her that quickly? Maybe I should have kept sleeping up there instead of jumping down."

Richard's brow twitched, realising the girl was laughing directly at him. Pulling his book to his side he glowered as he approached the two, "It's clear that you're both new here so I'll give you a pass but you the girl, go on, humour me what's so funny?"

Richard yawned, breaking his death stare. He'd just woken up, it was too soon to properly fight someone. Food comes first. He cracked his shoulders before going back to staring in his unamused state at the girl.

6A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Hunter Beta

Hunter Beta
Hunter looks at the girl laughing unsure why she was laughing, but watches the man as he stands up. unsure if the man was planning anything. once the man was standing he notices his blades were floating near him. he quietly recalls them back into his backpack. This man didn't look happy about the girl who introduced herself as Sienna. not wanting to get too involved he stayed quiet, but he was starting to get annoyed with the laugh. when the man asked what was so funny he looks at her curious as to what she would say. people were walking by giving Sienna a questioning look as she was laughing. He felt a little awkward being near this strange girl. "Look not to be rude or anything sir, but you were the one that fell from the tree." He would watch the man just in case he got hostile.

7A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:42 pm

Sienna Dark

Sienna Dark
Sienna contained her laughter after only a few seconds, her eyes did not move to meet the man who had fallen from the tree, but she still spoke to him in saying "I see no need to express why I laugh at you" Her words were short and to the point yet non-revealing towards her reasoning. The man who had fallen had given Sienna enough information to work off of through landing on the ground. "I would compliment you on your choice of resting place however as trees often make good beds. However if you ask me you could have chosen a tree with a little more strength that one seems like it has enough of a burden on it's shoulders already." Sienna advised the man, while not really noting the remarks made by Hunter. A longer survey seemed to prove that the one standing next to Sienna was not of human origin which took a while for her to figure but metal and circuits  are hard to mistake from real tissue with any basic search. "I can't however say that I've met an intelligent android before." Sienna remarked making no indication as to whom it was directed at, where odds are the android would know that it was directed at him right away. Unless of course the android had been programmed to think it was a human, where if that was the case it would cause a bit of fun for both parties.

8A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:16 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard cocked an eyebrow at the guy,"Fell from the tree? Don't you have a landing strategy? Landed on my feet into a sitting position, stops the shock going to your knees."

Richard then turned back to the girl, yawning at her, he then had a realisation she was... shorter than him. A rareness amongst the students here. Still, she was a girl meaning that he remained the shortest male.

"Honestly if that's all you were laughing at you've got a pretty poor sense of humour, laughing at someone dropping from a tree. Almost as stupid as that guy there, showing off both his semblance and his weapon at the mere sight of me, I can already formulate plans to beat him based on that alone and yet he knows next to nothing about me."

Richard flopped down next to her on the bench; hands behind his head, resting. There was no clear weapon on this one, could it be that someone else was just as cunning as he was at hiding his weaponry? Or had she left it behind somewhere, either way he thought he could learn little about her in this state until she brought up the boy being an android, the only rational explanation would be through semblance as there was no clear indication on the boy's body.

"Android huh? Must be nice being able to power down whenever you like, certainly help for snoozing then again I guess you never get tired." he yawned.

9A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:54 pm

Hunter Beta

Hunter Beta
Hunter was caught off guard by the fact she knew he was an android. but he doesn't reply to this. he didn't know how she knew, and that made him question her. "How did you come to that conclusion? was it a random guess?" he then looks at the man when he talked about Hunter's blades. "you may have seen my blades but they don't need my semblance to do what they did." when the man laid back down Hunter scratches his head. he puts his attention back on the girl. He was curious as to how she found out about him, and what she meant from Intelligent android. were there dumber androids out there? after she answered weather or not she did answer him. he would look over to the man. "Not everyone is as bloodthirsty as you are. So its uncalled for to call people stupid who may infact be smarter then you. Its not brawn that wins all the fights."

10A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:04 am

Sienna Dark

Sienna Dark
"You're an interesting fellow aren't you?" Sienna asked the short male "Assuming that you know why I laugh, then you complain about him showing his weapons too hastily. Yet you seem to not realize that you are revealing that your strategy is to find others weaknesses before battle, thus I know that if I show you a fake weakness there is a chance I can use it to out wit you in a battle." The conversation of Strategy was more Sienna's style than talking about who's new at the school and who isn't. Sienna refused to comment on Hunter's questioning whether it was a lucky guess, where she and likely the other man as well knew otherwise. The conversation about combat and wits was more of what Sienna might usually talk about yet she did not care to get involved in a simple quarrel on the first day. "Each of us has our own fighting style and skill level so I don't see much of a problem in each of us doing with our own talents as we will, but you also have to wonder if and how many lies and purposefully misleading information could have easily been spread in this conversation alone." Sienna was very slightly hinting at the weaknesses which this man had revealed about himslef while complain yet hinted that she may be wrong in the same train of thought, she phrased her words purposefully in a slightly paradoxical manner for more than one reason yet none which she would easily reveal.

11A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:24 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
First Richard turned to the android,"What part of learning my opponent's fighting style and weapon choice seems stupid to you? Do I look like a brawny fighter at my height? And even if you weren't using your semblance to control those blades your fighting style is clear, use some power to make them fly and stab people from a distance no? I don't see many other ways those weapons could be used in a hovering fashion. Looked like they responded in a way that suggests that to... oh and I'm far too lazy to be bloodthirsty I would only fight you if you deserved it or started it."

Richard yawned, he really didn't enjoy talking to people much let alone people like this but the girl probably wanted him to respond as well with a sigh he told her;

"I've gathered more than the amount of information I expected today off him alone. You have no clear weapon on you and pressing it would only make you want me to reveal mine would it not? Risk I'm not willing to take. Unless you're a pure duster or something more interesting then perhaps you could trick me with some form of information exchange and I'm not going to run that risk. I excel at both kinds of lying, literal and talkative."

Richard yawned again, setting his book on his lap before resuming his position. He could honestly go for another nap already, that or a drink his mouth was getting quite dry.

12A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:40 am

Hunter Beta

Hunter Beta
(no matter how many time i try and beat this dead horse i just can come up with a 150 word post for Hunter leaves. every time i fall short by 60+ soooo...)

Hunter just leaves seeing as he was getting ignored by Sienna, and the other person just didn't seem to care if he was there or not. So he just leaves.

13A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Sienna Dark

Sienna Dark
"You're phrasing your words as if I want to know about your fighting style, yet I have not implied so. You however have made it obvious that you wish to know my own style. You have made it clear that I cannot chose the wine in front of you!" Sienna made a serious comment, but ended it with a semi joking reference to a move which she had watched in the orphanage when she was younger. Without a word Hunter left as if he was starting to feel uncomfortable in this conversation or for some other reason. The sun was now rising just over the tree which had previously shaded Sienna, and she had contemplated sitting closer to the tree to keep shaded, but decided to take in a few rays of sun while she was outside.

For Sienna there was little if any reason to reveal anything to this man and thus she did not intend to make such a foolish mistake. "And I believe you have been misinformed lying is simply that which is not the truth thus the two types of lies are as follows: lies and not the truth." Sienna had continued joking not only to keep conversation, but as an odd way to possibly make the man question any information which he had been given previously or would be given by Sienna.

14A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:52 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"...By both kinds of lying I meant to lie to a person and the on your back kind, you're thinking to hard about this" he yawned. Richard drew his claws and scratched the back of his head, enjoying the feeling. It appeared the boy had left, perhaps Richard had gone a little hard on him not that he really cared. He had all the information he needed on him.

"You don't quite look old enough to drink regardless I'll learn how you fight sooner or later, knowing that boy was an android has to tie into semblance. This dramatically limits the possible semblances you could have, won't be anything like say teleportation nor pyrokinesis. But I doubt detecting androids is it's only function, be rather useless if it was."

Richard yawned again, glaring at the various students who walked during their break. Honestly there was far too much noise for his liking, he pulled out a set of headphones and plugged the right bud into his ear, allowing him to still hear the girl on his left. While he was unsure whether this was bad practice and it was rude to wear headphones in the presence of another he didn't really care.

15A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:48 pm

Sienna Dark

Sienna Dark
For Sienna it was funny how determined this man was in trying to find her weakness even tough she would likely never be his enemy, and even if the man did plan to fight he was making it very obvious that fighting would be his intention. The man obviously didn't get her reference so she simply moved on, and then chuckled a bit on his response to her comment on their being two types of lying.

"You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work." was the only reply Sienna gave to the man who seemed to still be trying to get something from her. For Sienna it was becoming a rather pointless battle of one person trying to get information from the other, and yet in doing so would give the other, Sienna in this case, some information as well. She stood up from the bench and walked closer to the tree which she had been looking at through the entire argument. Sienna then took a seat at the base of the tree to shade herself from the light which now covered the bench, and then closed her eyes taking in the energy of the day. "If you're trying to bore me into shelling out information, well you at least seem to be good at the boring me part."

16A New Student [Open] Empty Re: A New Student [Open] Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:55 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard yawned, "I'm too lazy to force you into shelling out anything, it's clear you're not going to tell me anything and I'm too tired to press it. You've got no clear weapon on you so either you don't have one or are specifically hiding it meaning there's little chance of getting you to show it even if I wanted you to. Honestly, you're pretty paranoid."

Richard stretched, cracking his back as he glowered at the other students going about; chatting, showing off and even the odd having contained sparring matches. To him they looked like a pack of Beowulfs, snarling at each other, looking to be on top. He couldn't stand them, too noisy and unnecessarily active. How any of them could stand going to classes was a mystery to him let alone stand each other.

"So, what do you think of them? The people you'll be stuck around for the next however many years of your life?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum