You are not connected. Please login or register

This is Home? [Open]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1This is Home? [Open] Empty This is Home? [Open] Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett let out a very deep, slow breath of air as she looked around the complex that was Syne Academy. It was a strange mixture of emotions that the girl was feeling, part excitement and part anxiety. Mostly nervousness, however, as various thoughts filled her mind of the worst-case scenarios. Most of which were impossible as what were the chances of accidentally releasing an ancient evil onto the school yard? Didn't stop the young woman from worrying about it, however. In fact, it just made it worse as she knew that she was being ludicrously paranoid, but just couldn't stop despite her best efforts.

Such a strange thing, really, as most people would never expect such a model-looking student to be mentally freaking out as much as she was. Dressed in a school uniform, she wasn't even sure if the school had a dress code at all, but certainly didn't want to risk it. A suitcase full of supplies and clothing rolling behind her as she walked about aimlessly. The only detail that would make her stand out from a normal student was the gun in its holster attached her hip.

Of course, that's if someone is looking from afar. Up close, the nervousness that was filling the girl was much more obvious. The way she lightly bit her lower lip as her eyes glanced about was one sign that she wasn't sure about her surroundings. And the way her hand was constantly clenched and slightly shaking revealed how tense this situation truly was for her.

With luck, all that nervousness would soon dissolve, as would all of her doubts about what was to come. But for now, it was time to focus on the first part of joining this school's student body for good. Which would help if she had any idea of how to do such a thing. Whether or not she had to go speak to someone or sign in was completely lost on her. This feeling of helplessness did not help with making the girl feel as though this was her new home. Quite the opposite. This new place was terrifying and foreign. For the first time she was without her grandfather's guidance and that scared her more than anything.

2This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Misandra Enniga

Misandra Enniga
Misandra continued her rounds, filling out her duties to the academy. There were more and more people coming in, and even though summer vacation had already started, there were still plenty of students around to protect. The recent Grimm attacks had the administration scrambled, and as a result, they had Missy working even harder to keep the feared creatures out, though none of them knew where they were coming from, with such tight security that Syne was famous for, In Bellmuse anyway. Well, It made sense that they would work Missy so hard in these desperate times. She WAS the best guard on the force, a fact that had landed her the position of Captain. There was not a single Grimm that she had come across that she wasn't able to drive away.

In any case, her patroling brought her to the school's courtyard. It was a pretty decent day, there were a few clouds but certainly nothing that spelled rain. The security in this place had tightened up recently, as pretty much every grimm had attacked here. Misandra had been ordered to station guards at every entryway. No normal grimm would be able to come in. Looking around, She saw the guards at their posts, and some students littered around the area. One student in particular seemed more and more nervous the closer Missy got. "Excuse me Miss, are you alright?" She observed the luggage that the student carried. Either she was moving in, or going home for the summer. "Are you leaving campus today? Or judging by your clear cation, are you moving in? I could help you find your dorm if you would like." She smiled and held out a hand. "I am Misandra Enniga, Captain of the Academy Defense Force."

3This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett blinked, looking towards the arriving woman with a face that revealed her confusion. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out, only finding her eyes drifted about, looking over the Academy Defense Force Captain. This occurred for several moments until her gaze went to the woman's hand as she held it out. The red-haired woman's own hand twitched at that, seeming to approach the woman's hand to shake it, but was suddenly pulled back as if to protect it. Immediately, she pent her torso over as she bowed deeply, "Y-yes! Hello!" she barked out before returning back to her typical standing position.

Her gaze then turned to a distinct avoidance of looking at the woman, be it eye-contact or looking at part of her. She stammered out, "I, uh... Y-yeah, I was just... looking around for where to go... since I'm new..." she explained as she looked off over the woman's shoulder.

4This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Misandra Enniga

Misandra Enniga
The guard could not help but giggle at the girl as she went for the handshake, but quickly reconsidered. While Misandra could not be sure why this new student was acting this way, if she had to guess, she was probably quite the introvert. Meeting A womamn in uniform probably was not helping. Missy could respect that. Eye contact was now completely severed, but since the girl had technically accepted Misandra's help, she would follow through. "Alright then. No worries, I'm not the enemy. I'm here to help. Do you know what your dorm room number is? I could show you the way and you will be unpacking in no time." After all, the residential wing ofthe castle was in the way of her patrol route. Though, considering the courtyard was litterally surrounded by it, itcould not have possibly been much of a detour. Really, it depended on if this new student would trust her enough to actually take the help.

5This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, glancing down to her feet for just a moment, "W-well... I... Oh! I do have..." she trailed off as she turned to her suitcase, unzipping it in a fairly swift motion. Inside was about what was expected: clothes and other items that she would need. But tucked away in one of the side pockets was a group of papers that consisted of quite a few letters and information packets.

Turning around, she opened a few of them as she looked for the information of where exactly she was going to be living in her new home. Her mind went through the various things like 'where would it be' and 'will there be roommates'. She paused for a few moments before shaking herself out of her thoughts, going back to reading off where she was assigned to live in for her stay at the academy.

She gave another quick glance to the woman before her, shifting her weight between her legs as she did so, "Any... idea where that is?" she asks, immediately realizing that would be a dumb question since she's actually a member of the staff, so of course she would know which room that is.

6This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:41 pm

Misandra Enniga

Misandra Enniga
The student shifted through her bag, then to a small stack of papers, before locating her Dorm assignment. After reading off the numbers, she asked Misandra if she knew where the room was. She seemed to already know the answer, considering Missy did already mention that she lead the Defense Force, but at this point it was pretty clear that to this girl, conversations and interactions were not her forte. Missy displayed her friendliest smile as the student glanced at her. "Of course. I know this school like the back of my hand. I have to, so that I can protect students like you, and faculty alike." She took a moment to think about the numbers. "You seem to have a first floor dorm. That lets you sleep in for a few extra minutes before Early classes, you know." She tried to crack the thick ice, if only a little. "If you would follow me, I will show you the way." Misandra gestured toward the courtyard entrance into the school, walking toward it slowly to see if this girl would indeed follow.

7This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett did indeed follow as the only other option was to either stand there awkwardly or wander around more. Neither of which were very appealing options for the young woman. She stepped in like with the woman and followed at the exact same pace while her suitcase was rolled behind her, "First floor..? I guess that means I won't get lost as often at least..." she muses softly to herself before giving a slow nod, "I suppose that is better, yeah."

The Captain's speculations about social interactions not being Scarlett's strong point was spot-on and was fairly obvious from the first moment. Even as she followed, the girl's gaze was mostly towards the ground or off into the distance if something caught her eye. She didn't even say anything other than give a few surprised, soft gasps as she saw more and more of the academy. But, quiet or not, she gave Misandra most of her attention, even if the woman wasn't talking to her at the moment. This was so that she could immediately stop or answer a question if told to do so. So, like an obedient child, she followed along without complaint and only a bit of resignation.

8This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:07 am

Misandra Enniga

Misandra Enniga
So the captain of the guard took the young lady to her room. It was not very far at all, seeing as they only needed to stay on the first floor, and the courtyard was connected to the Residential wing. As they moved, they stayed relatively silent, the new student only speaking softly to herself about her first floor room, or expressing awe at her new school. The freshmen were always fun to watch, for that reason, and there would be much less of that now that many of the students had become Second years. Oh, where HAD the time gone?

When they reached the correct dorm room, Misandra stopped and pulled out her master key. Sure, the girl could have just opened the door herself with her Identification card, but Missy chose to just do it herself. "Well, this will be your new home for a while. Classes have just about ended, but Summer classes will be starting up soon if you havent already enrolled for those. If you are even interested, of course." Missandra then took a step back and bowed slightly. "I will leave you to unpack. If you ever need assitance, be sure to go to any member of my guard, or a trusted professor, okay?" With one last smile and wave, she took off, getting back to patrol.

-exit-

(OOC: Was just here to do my job~ feel free to leave your thead open for a new face to join)

9This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:37 am

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett gave a slow nod followed by a blink when the Captain began to take her leave. Upon realizing this, the young girl gave a deep bow, "T-thank you, miss!" she would say rather loudly. Probably louder than really necessary at all, but it was meant to show her gratitude, so it at least accomplished that much, hopefully. Raising back to her standing position, she gave a slight smile, "I can... handle it from here." she stated before watching the Captain walk away.

With a deep breath, she turned towards the door infront of her. She was curious about what was waiting inside, if anything at all. Would she find her new roommate? Roommates? Would she be alone for a time? Perhaps she'll see their belongings, but not the roommates themselves? So many possibilities and they all raced through the girl's mind. It was several moments that she stood infront of that door, hand on the handle and just stalling. Trying to put off the inevitable. Of course, she could always just turn around and leave, but that would hardly accomplish her goals.

Scarlett swallowed before pushing forward. And then she realized she would need to actually turn the handle before pushing in so she did that instead.

10This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:54 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren twirled a pen in his hand, in thought as he stared down at a notebook filled with designs and ideas for numerous projects, the vast majority of which would only ever stay within that book. Warren had decided to take a number of summer classes, really pretty much any and all that he could sign up into to be honest. A whole season spent simply idling the time away seemed like a massive waste to Warren, but even with having crammed himself into as many classes as possible, the school had imposed a limit on exactly how many he could sign up for, leaving with far too much free time for his liking. He sighed and leaned back in his chair, wondering if maybe he had a problem, before brushing the thought aside. It didn't matter, he had a goal he needed to work towards, and every hour spent getting there was an hour well spent. He glanced to the rest of the room around him, and it all looked rather bare to be honest. Syne was a new academy, and that meant that a majority of the students here had very few roommates, and Warren himself was one of the luckier ones to have a room all to himself. He supposed having a room meant for roughly four people all to himself made everything seem... empty most of the time, a fact compounded by his lack of personal belongings, but it meant less distractions at the very least.

Warren was shaken out of his thoughts as the door was pushed open to reveal a redheaded girl of rather short stature, looking rather nervous to boot. He glanced over her curiously, and opened his mouth to ask her what exactly she was doing here, however the luggage she carried behind her seemed to give it away. Even still, he asked nonetheless. Maybe he'd get lucky and she was just asking for directions.

"Uh... Hello there miss... Can I help you with something?"

11This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:35 am

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett paused as soon as she saw the young man at his desk. Blinking like a deer caught in the headlights, her mouth was slightly agape, "Uh..." she said as her mind went completely blank. Having no idea what to say or do, she just looked around the dorm room, looking for any sign that anyone else was around. She cleared her throat, rubbing the back of her neck, "O-oh.. sorry, I should have... knocked or... something..." she trailed off.

She really had no idea what to say or do in this situation, wishing that there was an easier way to deal with this. But she isn't completely helpless as she still has her ability to speak somewhat, "Erm... no, I'm just... well, this is my room and everything so..." she said, waving the dorm assignment in her hand slightly, "So, uh... just you in here?" she asked, hoping to make some sort of conversation to make all of this just a bit less awkward.

Of course, despite her best attempt, she just stood in the doorway without moving into the room completely. Her stance was almost completely rigid and her gaze never lingered on anything for too long, especially not Warren for that matter.

12This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:33 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren dropped his head and let out a sigh as the girl mentioned the fact that this was supposed to be her room. Well, he expected it when she first walked in, he supposed. He looked up at her as she continued to stutter, seeming to get worse and worse, until flat out falling into silence while trying her best to avoid his gaze. Warren let the silence continue for a moment, a small and rather mean part of him in the back of his head finding it almost funny how the girl was so nervous. Still, he should get up and do something before the girl bolted.

He waved her in and stood up, nodding. "Yep, just me. Has been for a while now actually. No need to be so nervous either, like you said, this is your room now too. Might as well learn to share and get along before we end up at each other's throats or something." He offered her his hand. "My name's Warren Novack. It's nice to meet you."

13This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett did much the same as she did with the Captain before, looking down towards the offered hand as her own twitched slightly. Immediately, she looked back up towards the young man and gave a smile instead, "Y-yeah!" she said, trying to sound enthusiastic about the whole arrangement. Not that she hated the idea of sharing the room with someone; she didn't even mind if it was a boy that was her roommate. What she was afraid of was screwing up at some point and causing him to either hate her or worse. Most likely unreasonable fears, but many fears are.

She hastily turned on her heels and walked over to one of the beds, "I-it's fine if I take this one right?" she asked, moving towards one of the bottom bunks if they were around, "I, uh... promise I won't bother you much or anything. I'm rather quiet, so... and if you want to be alone for.. whatever reason, I could just leave for a bit. I don't mind." Scarlett spoke while setting her suitcase by the bed itself. Leaning down, she unzipped said suitcase and began to unpack what belongings she had. Mostly clothes that were all pretty much school uniforms, some vials of dust, and what appeared to be a small toolkit.

14This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren blinked as the girl simply walked by him, ignoring handshake and simply claiming a bed. He looks down at his hand, wondering if there was anything wrong with it before glancing back at the girl."Uh... Yea, it should be fine..." Warren says, quirking a brow as he tried to process Scarlett's words in his head, wondering if she knew what she could possibly be implying.

He walks over, peering over her shoulder curiously as he watches her unpack. "Looks like you packed light, huh? Need any help with anything? Oh, and don't worry about taking up too much space or anything, there's plenty of room around anyways." Warren says, gesturing his arms towards the largely empty room around him, the only real thing that took up any serious amount of space being a suit of armor sitting on a stand in the corner by Warren's own bed. "By the way, what should I call you? Can't just be calling you 'that girl' or whatever the whole time, right?"

15This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
Jet was walking around the dorms with his brand new scroll in hand. He was mumbling incomprehensively about not having his luggage yet, unnecessarily large and heavy gold statues and muffins… He was hungry. His current concern though was finding his dorm. The helpful lady he spoke to at the administration of the school pointed him in the good direction with a room number, though she forgot to mention him how those numbers were organised and also where the dorms actually were. This means, Jet had been walking all around the campus in search of the deceptively elusive dorms… How can a building be elusive anyway?

He was told it was close so of course, he went in the totally opposite direction and circled the whole school to get there. He saw a bunch of interesting places he wanted to remember like the food court and he even saw what looked like a music room from afar, but he also knew he would forget how to get there by the time he left the place. Orientation wasn’t his best quality. That could also be related to his poor sight during the day. With the damn sun being pretty bright at the moment, his sunglasses were filtering the light enough not to blind him but it was like looking through a dense fog with only some general outlines for objects that are far away. Well it’s not like he wasn’t used to it so it’s no excuse.

In the end, it was a pretty frustrated Jet that was walking the brightly lit – god damnit! – corridor. Why did they have to put a light bulb just over the room number sign? Or right, cause other people see better with lighting so they light it up so it’s easier to read late at night. Well, logical or not, that didn’t help Jet.
He was sure the room was on ground floor. After going through a few floors, he understood a bit how it was organised so having a smaller number meant he was closer to the ground. He was a bit disappointed at that, he usually liked being on higher floors, better view through the window at night.

Finally, after much perusing or the plates showing the room number beside the room doors and just over the magnetic lock for the door itself, Jet finally found his room. With a particularly loud expression of joy in the form of “Woohoo!”, he quickly swiped his identity card at the magnetic card scanner. A bit too fast though, as he had to try three times before actually unlocking the door. He turned the doorknob and entered with a renewed smile on his face.

Once inside, he looked around to take in the sight, his smile stayed on his face and his eyes lingered a little longer on the red haired girl in the room. He was a bit surprised that the genders were mixed in the dorm rooms. Though at the same time, they trust them with the future of Bellmuse in a way, so it’s not much of a stretch that they would trust them not to be inappropriate in their room.
He probably didn’t look like a new roommate though; all he had was a plastic bag with one set of clothes and necessities he bought in town so he could last until the following day. He had to wait an other day for his motorcycle to arrive and all of his possessions were located in the traveling luggage compartment that double as his suitcase installed on said late motorcycle. Good thing he had his enrolment papers in his jacket or he’d be sleeping in a motel. Combine the lack of luggages and the presence of what looked like pretty opaque from the outside even though it was still midday, he probably looked like a guy just asking for direction. Jet realised that, although he didn’t realise that someone just asking for directions wouldn’t have been able to open the door by himself at all anyway. Still, to clear any confusion, he decided to introduce himself.

“Hi! My name is Jet Jeyson. Sooo… I guess we’re gonna be roommates?” Jet scratched his head a bit nervously. Apparently, he just barged in in the middle of a conversation and hoped he wasn’t interrupting anything important. He completely missed the suitcase by her side so he didn’t register the fact she was also new in there.

Last edited by Jet Jeyson on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting a sentence that was too long.)

16This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:43 pm

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett continued to slowly unpack her belongings, setting them out and organizing them to easier figure out where everything was going to go. Warren was quite right, the girl had packed fairly light, although she didn't really have much things to begin with. She has clothes, small necessities, and Prism. There wasn't a single thing that she thought that she still needed. Not belongings, anyways.

"Oh, right! S-sorry!" Scarlett said, turning her head to ogive a sheepish smile towards Warren, "I'm-" her thought was cut off by the sound of someone attempting to enter their room. She blinked as she glanced between the young man and the door, "You did say you didn't have other-" her thought was interrupted once again as Jet arrived. Her face revealed her mild confusion, which certainly didn't go away as the taller man explained what he was going here. She slowly turned her gaze back to her belongings, finding that she wasn't entirely sure about being the only female in this room. It didn't bother her all that much, but it wasn't an easy thing to accept immediately.

Scarlett let out a slow breath of air, "H-hello..." she said meekly before shaking her head, trying to regain some of her courage and ability to converse with new people, "J-jet, huh? It's, uh... nice to meet you. I'm... Scarlett..." she said, giving a light nod of her head towards the boy while making it a point to not look him in the sunglasses. Perhaps those glasses made it even harder to interact with someone? It certainly made him look intimidating.

17This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:46 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren turned to stare at the door curiously as he heard someone trying to open it from the other side, with some amount of trouble it sounded like. He blinked as a man in dark clothes and sunglasses appeared, introducing himself as a third roommate now. Warren gave an internal groan at that, it seemed like his room was growing more and more crowded by the second. He seemed friendly enough at the very least, though the fact that he wore sunglasses indoors brought him a curious look from Warren.

He gave a nod in greeting to Jet, waving him into the room. "Come on in and make yourself at home. That's what it'll actually be for your stay here at Syne. Scarlett here just moved in as well, so if either of you need any help with anything, feel free to ask, I've got nothing better to do at the moment, and I've been here long enough to know the school and the town. Though..." Warren tapped at the corner of his eye, "What's with the sunglasses if you don't mind me asking? We are indoors you know?"

18This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:37 am

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
Jets walks in and select one of the two remaining beds that still look free. “Wait so you’ve been alone in this room with four beds all that time? What did you do, toss a dice to decide where to sleep?” Jet laugh lightly at that. He places his currently insignificant amount of clothing in the drawer beside his bed. A bit ashamed to have only one additional set of clothes for now but it’s not like it’s his fault.

He turns around at Warren’s question. He was waiting for it, everyone asks. It doesn’t bother him, he’s used to it and he can’t deny that it’s a valid question. “It because of an accident I had when I was twelve in a Dust research laboratory. Basically, I got a full face of an experimental cocktail of Dust exploding. I was lucky to survive, but I got a few side effects, no super power though. This one was a sort of mutation of my nerve system. I’ll spare you the technical mumbo-jumbo but I know all about it if you’re curious later, I don’t mind talking about it, but in the end my eyes became hypersensitive to certain light spectrum, the lower spectrum actually, which is like daylight and “hot” lights, be it natural like fire or artificial. Those kind of lights kinda blinds me. “Cold” light, the higher spectrum, like moon-light and more bluish lights, I can handle fine. That also means I see perfectly the darker a room gets. Anyway, that’s where the glasses come. They’re specially made to filter out the lower spectrum of light. I can still see but the more a room is lit up, the more light is filtered out so my vision is still impaired, like looking through fog with some outlines for the further objects. A room this size though I see well enough.”

Jet looks around a bit and see a big metal armor. He’s dying to ask about it but restrains himself. Doesn’t want to look like he wants to change subject. Which reminds him… “Oh but don’t change your habits because of me! I’m used to it, I’ve lived long enough with that condition to handle it. Just don’t be surprised if I get back late to sleep, I kinda like the night time so I’ll usually stroll around. Anyway as long as you don’t purposely direct a flash light or something like that at me I’ll be ok.”

Sitting on his bed cross-legged, he looks at Scarlett. “So you’re also a new student? That’s cool, that’s plus one person I know already for my upcoming classes.”

19This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:55 am

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett let out a sigh of relief, having finally finished organizing her belongings and now having them spread out on her bed to begin putting into a dresser or whatever may be near that she could claim as hers. With her hands on her hips, she gave a slow nod, "An accident... I'm really sorry... I promise not to... bother you too much then, I hope." she said, rather unsure if she would be able to ensure that she isn't a bother. It's not like she could say anything about it, her semblance revolves around her seeing in places she normally couldn't. Although the idea of needing to spend more time in the dark sent a slight shiver down her spine.

Scarlett paused for a moment as she was addressed directly. Continuing her task of putting up her belongings, she tilted her head to the side slightly, "Cool..? Not really... I don't know much about anything around here so..." she trails off, not really having anything else to say about the subject. She gave a slight sigh at her own inability to converse before shaking her head. Might as well give it a try, right? With an inhale, "So, uh... how old are you two? You seems a-a lot older than me, but that may be... well, just because I'm really short..."

20This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren gave a snort at Jet's guess of what he did while living alone. "Nah, I made a fort once though. Moved the two beds together and got a bunch of pillows and blankets. Got kinda boring after no one came in to see it or for me to throw stuff at." He gave a shrug. "Wasn't all bad though."

He nodded and listened as Jet explained his circumstances, giving a silent 'ah' at the end of it. Warren made a mental note not to go throwing his semblance around while Jet was in the room with him, not that it was something he ever showed off all that much if he could help it. It was generally something he preferred to keep private or for when he had an actual need of it anyways. Warren followed Jet's gaze as he looked around the, admittedly, rather spartan looking room, though he felt like he saw his eyes linger on Dust Carapace in the corner, not that the could actually tell all that well with the sunglasses the man wore on his face.

Warren glanced over at Scarlett as she inquired about their ages. "Nineteen," he said simply and giving a shrug. "And maybe I can show you two around later then? At least get you two up on your feet, though how old are you yourself?"

21This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
Jet waved off Scarlett’s concern about bothering him. It wasn’t a surprise either, she seemed pretty nice and was visibly shy so it was expected that she would be the kind to feel bad about bothering anyone. “Don’t worry, as long as you don’t go out of your way to shine light on me you won’t bother me, I learned to live with normal everyday light usage from people. At worst, my glasses will filter everything and I’ll have trouble seeing some stuff, but as long as I wear these, light won’t actually hurt my eyes. I don’t want my condition to bother you either. I certainly don’t want pity too, I’m not telling you because I want you guys to feel bad for me or whatever, it’s awesome to be able to see as perfectly as I can in the dark so it’s definitely not all bad! Nha I’m just telling you because it is a pretty unique condition and keeping it hidden won’t help anyone, especially if we’re going to live together as roommates.”

Scratching the back of his head, he debates telling them about his Dust allergy already but feels he’ll just sound like an attention craving martyr or something like that and he hated sounding like that. He’ll bring it up some other time or later in the conversation if needed. It’s not like it will kill him as long as they don’t make him eat a crystal… which probably would kill anyone anyway.

Subject had changed to their age. Scarlett really sounded nervous which Jet actually found cute. There’s this thing about shy, blushing girls that makes most men go bananas and she definitely had that aspect down. Still, no crushing on roommates! Bad Jet! ... It was too early to talk about having a crush anyway, even if she was cute. He might be a womaniser – or at least thought of himself as one – but he’s not that bad.

“Well, I’m probably the oldest in here then. I enrolled late in combat school in Mistral, so I actually graduated from Sanctum at 21, which was what… about two months ago or something?” Jet smiled at that, he was used to being older and he didn’t hate it. Not that he had a big brother complex or anything but, it is a known fact that girls are usually more mature than boys of the same age. Though it could be argued that Jet was a few years behind in terms of maturity anyway so… back at square one! Also, he was legally of drinking age before everyone and that is one giant popularity bonus when people organise parties.

Thinking about Warren’s proposal, Jet shrugged. “Sure, I certainly won’t say no to a guided tour, but I’ll probably explore the grounds at night sometime too. Though next time you do a fort, for whatever reason, whatever the time is, call me because I can do a mean looking one!”

22This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:46 pm

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett gave a very light giggle, covering her mouth with her hand in a coy gesture. She looked towards the two young men that are her roommates with a gentle smile, "That's.. pretty funny." she states lamely, "You could both make your own on opposite sides of the room and fight for control of territory." she adds, apparently finding it just a bit easier to converse with her two roommates. Especially Jet who certainly wasn't as intimidating as he seemed, not when he was being nice at the very least. She still couldn't match the two with eye contact, but she definitely relaxed a considerable amount.

"So that really does make me the youngest here, huh..." Scarlett mused, placing a finger to her chin. She let out a slow sigh as she nodded, "Yeah... I'd appreciate a tour, if you didn't mind." Scarlett said as she turned away from her bed, taking a seat on the edge of the mattress as she continued to keep her gaze more towards the wall than one of the boys, "That is... if you have time, Warren..." she said, "I think I've interrupted whatever you're working on enough as it is at this point."

23This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:40 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren nodded back at Scarlett and Jet and chuckled, walking back over to the desk he was sitting in moments earlier and shuffling through a couple of papers. "Well hey, maybe we'll set up a fort building competition or something. Winner gets... Well something, I'm sure we can figure something out if it comes down to it." He gives a shrug, glancing back over his shoulder. "And hey, it's up to you guys if you want the tour, you really weren't interrupting much of anything to be honest, Scarlett. Not anything important anyways. All I really was doing was just doodling, I guess you could call it." Warren picks up the notebook and shows it to the two others, revealing a number of designs and technical details scribbled all across the sides and margins, the current page showing a blade that seemed to double as a rail gun, splitting down the center to create the rails necessary.

"Anyways, get settled in and whenever you guys want we can head out and do the whole tour thing."

24This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:59 am

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
Jet was smiling pretty widely right now. Those roommates seemed awesome. Fort building contest sounded super awesome. And that railgun-sword hybrid schematic looked uber awesome. All in all, an awesome first day at Syne academy, promising more awesome days later on. Except, as Warren reminded him with his proposition to settle in before the tour, he still didn’t have any of his things. Though most of it was clothes and necessities that he bought in town anyway, he still had a few personal belongings to set up once he got there. The mandatory family picture and other stuff like that.

“Well, as you might have seen, I don’t have much right now. I had the brilliant idea to leave my luggage on my motorcycle, but they apparently were not able to load it because they were overweight so it’s coming in through a different flight. At least the worker looked apologetic enough we he saw me looking at his crew unloading a freaking gold statue for some rich guy’s lawn…” Jet shrugged. “Anyway, it doesn’t matter so much. All it means is that for now, I’m as settled in as I can be. Now before we set out to do anything… I REALY have to ask…”

Jet had taken a pretty serious look for a moment. Only for a moment though, because after that he had a pretty excited smile, pointing at the metal armor. “Can I take a look at that very interesting piece metalwork in the back? I promise not to fiddle with anything I’m just pretty interested in it.”

25This is Home? [Open] Empty Re: This is Home? [Open] Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:53 am

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett blinked towards the schematics of the sword-railgun-thingy. Whatever Warren decided to call it, really. Probably something more catchy, hopefully. She gives a nod and a smile towards the designs, "I'm glad I'm not the only one that really enjoys designing their weapons and things like that." she moves her hand down to her hip, fingering the grip of her large revolver idly, "I have an entire notebook with possible upgrades or forms for my Prism here to take on." she explained. She didn't take Prism out at the moment as it would just make her feel that she was looking for attention when she really wasn't. But it felt good that she had something in common with her roommate, even if it was something as simple as working on weapons.

She let out a breath of air as she gave a nod, "And... I'm ready to head out whenever you two are, really. But I don't mind waiting if you want to talk about stuff while we're here. I was thinking of getting lunch after stopping by here anyways." she mentioned, "So even if you take a while, I'd be fine." she explains before furrowing her brow, "But... then again, I'd have no idea where the cafeteria really is so... That'd be trouble..." she pressed a finger to her chin as she considered just what she would do in that situation. As in, she seemed to zone out as she attempted to think of a way to make that work without getting lost once again.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum