You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer Bliss (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:13 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
There was something strange in the air. The sky was blue, a cool wind blew and the forest was nigh silent save for the music emanating from a short bear faunus' chunky orange headphones. Birds flew overhead, enjoying a summer flight. Yet despite the peaceful nature of the woods something particularly peculiar was happening, instead of Richard's usual glare or common lazy stare he was smiling. Not a big smile mind you, just a small turning up at either side of his lips, though anyone who had ever even seen Richard in the past would likely be either scared or confused... likely both. He had never been in this state on campus, the odd cunning smirk had graced his face sure but a genuine smile? 'Twas as rarer than gold in brickwork.

For once Richard was happy, a curious state for him to be in seeing as he so often was either angry or asleep, but yes. For once the little man was actually in bliss, with the Summer holidays came freedom. No teachers to chase him into classes, no stupid newskes to ask him for tours. He could just recline at the foot of a tree and read, which he was currently doing. The air was humid, the sun at it's peak, yet Richard still wore his scarf; in an attempt to obscure his weapon and dust. Many would just have left them at home or at least set them aside but no, Richard knew better than to do that.

He knew fine well that sooner or later someone or something would come and disrupt his peace, ruin his rare happy state of mind. It wasn't as if it would take much to do it. But until then he would relax, reclined at the foot of a tree in the summer sun, waiting for someone to rear their head and spoil everything or anything, even if they didn't mean to. He wasn't surer how he'd deal with that. Ignore them? Threaten them? Be his usual self (which usually included both of the former)? Probably the latter.

2Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:56 pm

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Ambiance

First day of school for Mana. Well, not really school since it's summer, and that part of a building as been damaged by a terrorist attack. But Mana took some kind of introductory course on how to use the different functions of her Scroll. She never had something like that before and wasn't even sure on what power in ran on. "I can't be electricity, can it? It looks so small and fragile too, I'm sure I'll end up breaking it. I'm sure it would cost me my arm in order to repay it. It's so high-tech, it's sure to be costly. And there giving it to every students of all that. How much money does this school has? A gigalion?"

Mana had to, in a day, use all the functions of her Scroll. Music, mails, map, news bulletin, etc. The last one she had to use was the GPS, where she had to follow coordinates in order and submit her location at each point to prove she has been there. If you thought that because she traveled a lot aboard an airship, that she had a good orientation skill, well... "Okay, so if I follow the path strait and go left, I should see the main building... why is there trees?" ...nope, she has none of that.

She began to get frustrated at her Scroll, since she had no one to rage upon besides herself, and she didn't want that. "You stupid piece of high-tech junk! If I got lost it's all because of you!" She threw it in a random direction, not realizing it was heading strait for the head of a kid that she didn't saw was there.

3Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:21 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
As a metal, glass and plastic contraption collided with Richard's face it became abundantly clear that the good vibes had come to an end. Their place had been taken by shear, hyperbolic, rage.

He looked down to see a, now cracked, scroll in his lap. Almost instantaneously he brought his elbow down on it, breaking the device. He cleared the remains from his lap with a loud growl. His book closed with a loud clap as he rose, tucking it under his scarf.

His eyes locked with a set of dark red ones across the forest. Of course it was a woman. Ever since he'd arrived the women here had given him nothing but trouble, walking out on bills and not seeing him when sitting down.

A good look at the girl ticked him off further. Long hair, a hindrance in combat. Her weapon, a rapier, clearly visible. He could roughly deduce it's length, a sword such as that only allowed for so many fighting styles. The last of her apparel pissed him off the most though. High heels. High heels, in a forest. High heels, in a forest in which she may have to enter combat.

A fire in his eyes Richard kicked the now completely broken scroll at the girl. Music still blaring in his ears he growled as he began to walk toward her, his mood having done a complete 180 from how it had been before the scroll hit him.

4Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:04 pm

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Shortly after throwing her Scroll, a sound of collision could have been heard. "It didn't collide with wood, would have made "thump". It wasn't stone either. What could it be then?... She turned toward where the sound came from, to see the boy, sitting there. "...bones?!?" Mana simply stood there as the boy went on a rampage on her poor Scroll that flew at him by "accident". She just stared as her Scroll went into pieces before glaring madly at him. "What have you done you idiot!?! Do you know how much I'll have to repay the school now?!? I don't really do myself but... Now what am I supposed to do to get back to the Academy? You better help me get back, buddy cause you'll be in trouble otherwise."

She clearly never heard of Rich, not knowing how stronger he is in comparison to her, thus showing some reckless attitude that could prove rather dangerous for her. As he stood up and walked toward her, she simply kept glaring at him...glaring down of course. As her Scroll, or rather what was left of it, flew toward her, she simply tilted her head in order to let it pass by, keeping her eyes on the little man.

5Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:02 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard clicked off his headphones when he finally stopped, just out the approximate rang of her weapon. "You had it coming, you're even more a fool if you assume that I'll help you back to the academy. Why would I help someone who tried to injure me, let alone an idiot like you? You're clearly not prepared to fight me, let alone grimm."

That had confirmed it, she was a student. A first year brat, he had no intention of giving any more tours to newskes. This would likely send out a message to any others to ask, especially those as stupid as this one. He continued to stare up at the girl, glaring daggers- no swords at her. Plans had already formulated, it appeared that defeating her would be quite easy.  She must've been going in blind, no one would dare fight Richard in a forest, he had too much of an advantage.

To make matters worse Richard though swordsmen and women quite easy to deal with. Things were quite predictable, not as predictable as say a boxer punching you but still. She had a clearly set range. He could already tell, confrontation wouldn't end well for her.

He nodded his headphones down to his shoulders, wondering if she'd keep whining or try fighting.

6Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 am

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Mana had thought about apologizing, no seriously. She did throw her Scroll at someone by accident, it should be normal to do so. But with this guy? No way she was going to apologize. First of, he broke her Scroll, alright, finished it... Second he didn't want to help her. She would probably get lost and he didn't care. He's such a brat... Third, he called her a foul and an idiot. Who was he to call her that? And lastly, he assumed she didn't know how to fight. That was it, she was really pissed. "Okay, now I had enough of your attitude little man. Who are you to judge my strength my simply looking at me, huh? You don't know how I handle myself in a fight, so don't assume that you're better than me just like that." She was more than mad at him, probably infuriated. She had to find a way to calm down, but she couldn't. She was way pass the point of no return, it was about to get rough, and probably won't end well for her...

7Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:59 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard fumed, "This "little man" could beat you with just one hand. While you may know how to fight you haven't even been to the school yet, I'd remember a brat like you, while I've been there for a year."

He brought his right hand to his scarf, brushing his fingers along his concealed dust compartment.

"You make your weakness obvious. You have long hair, easy to grab and quick to get caught. Your weapon is on display, I can approximately tell how you're going to fight. And to conclude you're wearing heals in a forest... you really don't stand a chance fighting me."

The short boy sighed, she wouldn't really try to fight him would she? That would be tedious, simple to deal with. A novice student whom he had all kinds of advantages on, more than he had even stated. He continued to glare at her, this would be over quickly. He was prepared to dodge and counter, if her mannerisms showed her inner feelings then she would certainly attempt to strike soon.

8Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Mana met a big surprise when the "little man" said he was a second year. "Wait, he's a second year? But he looks...so young...Although his voice sounds weird... In what did I just got myself into..." As he drawn his hand closer to his scarf, Mana put her hand on her the hilt of her sword, ready for whatever would come her way, or at least she thought...

She smirked at his, a really big and annoying smirk when he talked about her weaknesses. It was obvious that he never encountered Bladedancers before, he would at least learn that those aren't weaknesses, but assets. "You don't know what you're talking about. Why do you analyze me like that we you clearly have no clue of what I can do. Alright, I'll admit that I don't know you either, but at least I'm not judging your fighting style or your skills via your shortness." She stood ready for a counter attack. She wouldn't be the first one to strike, even out of spite.

9Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard's glare intensified tenfold, "Do you not see the advantage my height gives me over you? Downward slashes from a weapon such as yours have become rather ineffective. They'll leave me with too much time to dodge, this much is obvious. While it becomes harder to hit me you've just become a bigger target. Your choice of heels makes movement a pain, especially in a forest with tree roots.

Richard sighed, posture slumping slightly as he took a good five steps backward; placing him directly against a tall tree. He proceeded to pull a book out, it's pages not white and written on but the first few vibrantly coloured.

"For example look here, because of the jutting tree routes your heels become far less effective footwear, I can anticipate your attack pattern by them alone." Richard was bluffing, a masterful bluff of sorts. While it was true that her heels would hinder her on the routes to that extent? Not so much. He had set things up. his back was to a tree, he could form a golem at will. His trap was set. She would be a fool not to strike now, his back was to a tree and the aforementioned roots were in the way. To her he would appear trapped, as if he himself were the fool.

But alas, this was not the case. With his semblance in mind Richard knew he could switch position with even a single blade of grass. Perhaps a leaf, fluttering down from above. The instant she came in he would be prepared to dodge and counter.

"Besides, if I'm really wrong about you then why not show me so? Bring it on brat. I said, you don't stand a chance, I'll take you with one hand. With the other I'll just get some reading done or perhaps just hold it behind my back if you take too long."

Even if she did attack he'd toy with her a little longer, learn her pattern and style before getting into any kind of genuine combat. Maybe he'd tire her out without even raising a fist.

10Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:52 am

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Mana kept her little smile on her face as she listen to him speaking about how much of a disadvantage her heels gave her on that type of terrain and general height nonsense. "Okay, first of, if I can't deal with either a small or large height difference with my opponent, what good of a hunter- no of a warrior am I? It's something that can only be dealt with minor changes in my posture and my swings. Secondly, don't judge how bad my footing can be in those heels. Roots got nothing on me, as any bad terrain I did and will encounter."

She kept a eye on the boy's movement and words as he stepped back, his back now against a tree. He seemed open, way too open... It was obvious that he wanted a demonstration on how she can walk in roots with her heels, and making himself open would only encourage her to move forward. When he taunted her, it was even more obvious. "Do you really think that I'm that stupid? You're trying to get me closer to you like that? With a taunt? No way I'm going to fall for that, you'll have to do way better than that. But I'll stay ready, who knows what will be your first move." She unsheathed her sword and stood ready. She wouldn't back out from a fight. "I'll show you what I'm made of"

11Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:02 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"My first move? Okay, be ready for this. It'll likely defeat you with this single act alone."

Richard yawned slightly before sitting down, back still to the tree. Such a devastating blow to his opponent, would she ever recover?

"You know, if you're going to wait for me to start this fight I might as well get a nap in. After all, seems you're too cowardly to attack a clearly trapped man."

Richard leafed through his book, reaching the light blue page. Yes, that one would do fine. He ran his other hand along the bottom of his scarf, five shots to end this? He was pretty sure that was doable. With a stretch and a groan he looked to the girl once again.

"What's wrong? Don't you want to prove your superior power? Come at me brat!"

By now Richard had an excellent grasp on his surroundings, there were so many objects he could switch with. The possibilities were endless. He drummed on his hard book cover, awaiting her attack.

12Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Mana was utterly pissed now, he didn't took her seriously. All he seemed to see was those "flaws" that weren't some. She had enough so she decided it would be the time to move. Although she hated to move first, since "that" wasn't a move, he wouldn't be the first one to attack, and Mana needed to fight him, she had to prove herself. Not necessarily to him, more in general. Okay true, they're alone in the forest, dusk is slowly coming down so no chance that anyone would be here to see her, but it was more for some self proving.

Without a word, as he seemed "trapped", she dashed to the side at a rather impressive speed, the roots not even hindering her movements. She decided to come from the side, staying alert for any suspicious movement from either him or around them as she jumped above him doing a midair cart wheel and made a flurry of slashes toward him. Even if he was short, and sitting, her jump was really low so she could easily hit him. She would then land her feet on the tree in front and jump upward to avoid any potential attacks before stopping in the opposite tree.

13Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:00 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
In the blink of an eye Richard was gone, leaving in his place a single leaf. Said leaf had been fluttering down from above just as the girl had jumped. Perfectly positioned for Richard to use. He'd switched places with it, grabbing onto the branch it had flown from and pulling himself up.

"How over the top, As fast as you are; speed won't help if you telegraph your attacks."

With a light yawn Richard crouched at the edge of a long branch. He reached into his book and tore out the cold blue page. Without a word he threw the sheet to the ground, the land around it growing frosty.

As she landed in the tree across from him he shrugged, "Well, you tried at least..."

Suddenly a golem burst forth from the page, seemingly growing from it in nigh two seconds. The cold creature stood, incredibly lean and six feet tall.

"Golem, attack the girl and I will pay with dust."

The ice monster reacted, raising it's two boxing glove like hands and from them it launched many small yet sharp icicles toward the girl in a frozen arc, starting from Richard's side so as to protect it's creator from her running to him. With every shot that hit the tree it would seemingly be overcome by frost, becoming slippery and brittle. The girl would have to move, if not to avoid the golem's volley to avoid falling. The icy creature would not let up it's frozen onslaught.

Golem:

14Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Ambiance

Realizing that she swung her sword in nothing, Mana looked around to see where he had been. She saw that he was now on a branch in a tree across. She was about to ask how he did this, moving this fast, if he did moved, but realized that it could possibly be his semblance. Although he would probably not say anything to keep his current advantage. "You did a great job girl, you forgot to take in account his semblance. That doesn't start well for you now, does it?"

When he let go of a piece of paper that created a monster, Mana was really surprised. "Wait, what the hell is that thing? Is he controlling it?" Mana suddenly snapped out of her mental questioning when she saw a volley of icicle coming for her. She did a somersault in order to dodge most of them while also getting out of the freezing tree, but got hit by one of them, causing a huge frostbite on her left arm. "D-damn you! What even is that!?!"

She didn't have the time to wait for an answer as she started to move again. No time to lose if she didn't want to get caught in another volley. She ran in between the trees for cover and kept an eye on both the boy and his creature. She couldn't afford leaving neither of them unwatched.

She analyzed the monster, realizing that everything it touched was frosting. Wood, ground, flesh... Although it didn't seemed to look like her arm was going to fall. Must be because of her aura, it must be protecting her right now. She had to find a way to find that thing without attacking it directly, her sword might froze or even get stuck in it.

She decided that the best would be to aim for the boy and use the tress as cover. Even without knowing what his semblance really do, she had to take a chance, so she dashed through the trees, ran along one to get a bit higher and aimed for the boy with a couple of slashes before continuing to run as she landed from her jump. She try to look at the boy as much as she could while doing so in order to get a glimpse of what he did earlier.

HP/Aura:

15Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:55 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard sighed as the girl went straight for him. Honestly, how tedious. To be quite honest he was a little surprised, going straight for him rather than the golem? No matter. In almost an instant he was on the ground, though unfortunately he had underestimated her speed. There was a single line, a small gash, along his forehead. He had switched place with a single blade of grass, immediately running and putting himself back to back with his golem.

Even though the creature was still firing Richard reached beneath his scarf, pulling out a whole ice dust crystal, and shoved it into the golem's back.

"Good job but I want you to aim lower. Take out her legs, I want you to freeze her in place."

The golem obliged, now bringing it's hands together and letting loose some kind of icy beam of energy. Richard ducked, aware of it's plan. In an instant the creature spun on it's axis, freezing all the branches in the area surrounding it and possibly both injuring the girl as well as sticking her in place. Now she'd have to come to their level or risk falling.

The short man pulled out his weapon, extending it's chain and taking a blade in either hand.

"EITHER YOU COME DOWN HERE OR I'LL COME UP THERE!" He growled, a drop of blood escaping the gash on his head as he scanned the treeline for her.

HP/AURA:

16Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Trying to dodge the freeze beam...

17Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
The member 'Mana Lazulis' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Status Effects' : 2

http://www.rwbyrpg.com

18Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:28 pm

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
[i]As Mana tried once again to attack him, he vanished just like before leaving no trace behind. She saw him back near that thing he created and heard him say something to it. She didn't quite understand but quickly saw what it was though. When the monster started to spin around, going in a full circle getting rid of the surrounding trees, she tried to dodge the attack, but while diving her leg got hit and quickly froze in to a somewhat big chunk of ice that once again left a frostbite. It pained her, now having two limbs which got frostbitten.

Now pinned to the ground with her leg frozen, she looked at both the monster and the boy. wondering what she should do now. She couldn't really moved, and by looking at the weapon the guy took, he could attack her from a good distance. Plus, his ice thing was still there, so it could shoot those damn icicles at her. She still stood ready for what would be coming at her. She wouldn't back out now, not that soon.[i]

HP/Aura:

19Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard sighed, shrugging his headphones back on (Current song) as he spun the length of chain in his right hand.

"Wasn't exactly a great move coming down here was it? No branches to block attacks for you. You've left yourself quite open. You should have fled or even apologised after you threw that scroll at me. Then I might not have had to use such force."

Richard didn't even refuel his golem this round, looking to his opponent with a bored look in his eye. He knew how quickly he could end things, really he could just have his golem wander over there and beat her itself but no. He felt the need to do this himself, it'd been a while since someone had riled him up this much.

With a yawn he threw the blade, arcing upward and aimed directly toward her head. As the grey sickle soared he knew fine well she'd have a chance of blocking it. By this point he was certain that he'd won, she was clearly no match for the ranged combat achievable by this golem. Honestly he was just toying with her.

20Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Mana was furious. Yes toward the boy and his monster, by toward herself as well. She didn't like that fact that the plan really didn't go to her liking. Nothing went good for her, she barely even touched him, while she's down and ready to be taken down like some hunted animal. She simply grunted to his exposition, knowing full well how bad things were right now.

As he threw his weapon at her, she, with great precision, blocked it with the big chunk of ice that enveloped her leg and used the momentum of the swung weight to straiten up and grab the chain with her left hand and tried to pull him closer. He seemed light enough so maybe she could have a slight advantage in a tug of war. She simply hoped for the best at this point.

HP/Aura:

21Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"Do you really expect someone who uses a kusarigama not to know of it's weaknesses? Honestly, this isn't very creative of you." As Richard was pulled toward the girl he could feel that she was stronger than him. A tug of war would only end in defeat, he'd have to cheat.

Holding on with one hand he threw a dust crystal to the golem before resuming his two handed pulling technique, slowly sliding toward her.

"Rush her, aim for the head!"

As soon as the golem passed him Richard copied it's offensive pattern, running just a little behind it. As it reached her, swinging a gloved fist for her face, Richard ran toward the girl. Her letting go of his weapon would make little difference, he took the remaining blade in his right hand and slid down; aiming to slash her side, timing it to happen in sync with the golem's punch. Needless to say things weren't looking good for the girl.

22Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Mana was going to lose it was for sure. She couldn't win right now, it was two against one. She's the dueler type, the type that excels at one versus one fights. As she watched the boy get behind his monster and both run toward her, she let go of the kusarigama and tried her best to evade the double attack that was coming her way. She activated her Semblance, her eyes glowing blue with a song starting to play, coming from nowhere. With the increase in speed, she was able to fully dodge the ice thing's attack, but not the boy's.

The ice block that covered her leg, weaken by melting over time, end up to break during the dodge, but too late for Mana to avoid any harm. She looked at the boy for a moment, looking furious before taking a deep breath, deactivating her Semblance and sheathing back her weapon. "Alright...........I give up, you win..." She looked both mad and sad, never she had lost with that much of a gap and she felt really bad about herself."I'm no match for you.....yet, I'll train more, I'll better myself..........and I'll want a rematch!" She wouldn't let things as they are, but she couldn't fight him like that, and she knew it. She would become stronger.

23Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:48 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard sighed, "You should probably had quite at the start, if not when you got your leg frozen. Honestly, it was rather stupid of you not to."

The short boy retrieved both blades of his weapon, slicing through the golem twice and leaving it in melting pieces. He proceeded to kick those pieces far from her, in fear that she would try and figure out how they would work.

"That was my semblance, I have control over ice. I used it to create that." He blatantly lied, even if she had realised he was teleporting and not just dodging he knew this would confuse her.

Richard laughed to himself as he walked away, back toward the academy; "And as for your hopes of a rematch, I'm too lazy to fight someone I've already beaten. Got bother someone weaker if you're still so mad."

The short boy shoved his hands in his pockets as he walked, rather glad his first genuine combat test of a golem had gone so well.

[EXIT]

24Summer Bliss (Open) Empty Re: Summer Bliss (Open) Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Nikkie Verdile

Nikkie Verdile
Mana simply glared at the boy as he talked. She hated to admit, even only to herself, but he was right. She had no chance from the start and would have simply needed to apologize when her Scroll hit him. She looked at him as he left, only pouting one his way back to probably the Academy. "And he won't even give me directions to find my way back as well... a real jerk..."

She started to massage her arm and her leg that were frostbitten, trying to warm them up a bit, only in vain. Only time and proper medication will help. At least her aura reduced the effect.

She walked to her Scroll, or rather what was left of it and picked the pieces before walking toward the academy, at least...she hoped...

-EXIT-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum