1Grado Bale Empty Grado Bale Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:04 pm

alphabeowolf

alphabeowolf
Enrollment Form

Grado Bale Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-gas-mask-Favim.com-951279

Basic info
Name: Grado Bale
Birthday: February 19
Race: Faunas (Species: Snake Traits: Snake like teeth and eye pattern)
Height: 6'1 (185.42cm)
Weight: 170 pounds lbs
Face Claim: http://favim.com/gas+mask/

Stats
STR:2
DEF:3
RES:4
SPT:3
Aura 180|120 HP

Personality
Group: Duster
Has a weird or nearly unhealthy love of poisons and gases.
Watching things occur from afar.
Insect or arachnid creatures.
Messing with people.
Dislikes:
Humans (Feeling that they are biologically worse then Faunas.)
Corrected
Large crowds of anything
Schnee Dust company
Robotic Entities (Ex: Aura producing robots)
Fears:
Being on boats/ships/etc...
Open spaces (large plains or open deserts, not streets or city squares)
Beacon academy more or less hunters or huntresses in general
Overall Personality: A quiet man who likes to spend most of his time tinkering with things or screwing with other people from afar as a sort of a break from his hobbies. Grado has some weird motive behind things nor did he ever tell anyone his motives. He always felt that explaining things to other people is like talking to cat, they'll only look at you before walking away not even caring nor processing what they heard. Because of this sense of thought, Grado never really talks to people due to their "cat like" comparisons, plus he doesn't like cats. Though another interesting thing about him is his "sick" obsession with sicknesses. He didn't care about seeing sick people nor cared for curing them, he simply like to know about things in case if he ever needed one for a occasion. This lead to many people being afraid or feel uncomfortable with of him, mixed in with being a snake faunas and always caring a gasmask around.

Abilities
Aura type: Recovery
Aura Color: Dark grey
Semblance: A utility based semblance, His ability allows him to create a wind currents or air flow even if there isn't air flowing, this makes it useful in locked tight rooms or seals, but will do nothing if drowning or burning, in fact that would just make He pairs this with his main weapon to carry out gases quicker but costs 10 aura to summon or use.
Item 1: Gas tank. A short nozzle and hose connect to small tanks suited inside or Grado's clothes (More or less his normal trench coat or hooded robe) Carry a variety of gases. Although great with his semblance or by itself, the tanks are simply normal metal tanks, so if you hit the right spot the tanks can leak out. Though the solution to this problem was to simply enforce studier metal plates, making it harder to leak out, but still not impossible. The tank carries many gasses but alone can only cause types of status effects and cannot harm someone directly. Though if Combined could cause damage such filling a room with gas then igniting it with napalm. The weapon is merely either a build up on status effects before doing something or a creative tool to cause explosions or large chunks or ice in which could smash through easily. The gas tanks themselves at effect of affecting many things at once (due to it being gas.) Is quickly drained from the tank if not properly maintained. This causes the inventible problem of constantly buying new tanks which can be bought at shops. Another con about the weapon is the fact that you have to switch out the nozzle and the tank to use another type of gas to make different effects. Though originally the bane of his life, Grado had manage to implicate a switch that taps into each canister easily by a flick on the right hand side of the trigger, Although still doesn't fix this problem about the tank needing to be replaced manually after being empty so reloading in the middle of a fight is asking to be killed. Although the right might trigger tank switch, Grado on his spare time had managed to place a small cylinder holding Fire and Ice powder dust that connects to tube, which leads to a left sided switch. Up for fire, Down for Ice and neutral or middle for none, though once again leads to the problem of always having to buy more dust. There is one more thing about the tank that people find interesting. The tank is usually made for causing status effects and secondly damage by combining gases or gas with dust, but if applied with Hyperbaric Oxygen, can increase regeneration of physical wounds, but sadly not aura.
Item 2: Grado always has a weird thing with gas masks or plague doctors. He tends to bring one wherever he goes even if it's to the bank, a shop, school or to a friends house. Though his favorite one is a simple black mask that he replaced the broken lenses with clear ones to look show off what his mother would call "Coolest eye" due to them being red. This was also the first mask he ever found deep within the box of his father's old junk that he treasured, although his mother doesn't have to know about that. The gas mask in or out of is simply a physical defensed mask that is mainly used to block out gases and provides little real protection.

History and Sample
History:

RP Sample:

Last edited by alphabeowolf on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:51 pm; edited 10 times in total

2Grado Bale Empty Re: Grado Bale Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:04 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Hi, I'll be your mod and be grading your app
Grado Bale Hatsuharu-hatsuharu-sohma-9998020-400-300
Grado Bale Tumblr_md9fu2hujN1rf29lyo1_500
What?

-Okay, so first of, I'd like you to precise what type of faunus you are, with also what animal trait do you have (ears, fang, tail, etc).

-For the weight, I assume it's in pounds but could you just precise it as well, sorry for nitpicking... ^^||

-I'd like if possible a link to your FC, any source will do, just a link to put it in the FC list.

-Your overall personality needs 100 words minimum, you need to flesh it out.

-Your semblance is good, just precise that each time you create a current or change it's direction it costs you 10 aura.

-Your items are bugging me for two things. I want you to know that I think it's original to use a gas tank as a weapon, but... how does it works as a weapon? I mean with our current system, we can't really gauge the damage it could do. Unless all the gases do are status effects (burn with napalm, freeze with high temperature nitrogen, poison with, well poison, etc), it's the only way I can see it viable as a weapon.
If it is the way you want to use it, then you won't be able to have that pistol. You can't start with two weapons, you need to change it to either Dust or an armor, physical or Dust-proof.

Bump when the changes will be made and don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any ^^

3Grado Bale Empty Respond Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:32 pm

alphabeowolf

alphabeowolf
Alright cool, I fixed everything up and tweaked with the back story a bit and got into more detail about the gas mask as well. Though the picture I couldn't find the proper URL for so I got a new one. I placed the URL in the proper spot but be warned, I found in a search engine with fav, so you might have to do some scrolling.

Other then that, I completed everything on the lists and added a few more spots or gaps from here and there.

Thank you for overseeing this BTW.

4Grado Bale Empty Re: Grado Bale Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:47 am

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Really good, still a few things to tweak, but your getting closer.

About your semblance, we don't work with timed semblance, so the 5 aura/min can't be applied. If it was a buff, which it's clearly not, it would be 10 aura per post, whatever the length. We avoid time usage because it's somewhat hard to make up in the thrill of the fight. So you should put, like I mentioned before, have it cost 10 aura for when created or when you change it's direction.

Then, I'll be honest, although I really like the idea of your gas tank using statuses effect to fight unless Combined for other effect, I'm not sure if it can be allowed. We never had that kind of thing before so I can't guaranty it's approval. I'll talk to the staff about it and let you know. But if it doesn't work, just have a plan B ready okay?

Also, could you precise what type of armor your mask is, physical or dust. It's for precision, again.

For the rest that I mentioned, you corrected it and it's all good, just need to confirm about the gas tank.

Also, the last bracket of your history, it misses a / right before spoiler to make the code work, just a small thing...

So, I'll talk to the rest of the staff and come back to you on it.

5Grado Bale Empty Re: Grado Bale Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:50 am

alphabeowolf

alphabeowolf
Alright, I managed to fix the history problem and included the gasmask type and so on, I already have a second weapon in mind in case of the first one leaves a bad taste in the staff's mouth.

I'm not quite sure on how I want to describe it or it's ammo but the general idea is still out, just some minor details and it should be good to go.

Thanks for your time.

6Grado Bale Empty Re: Grado Bale Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Alright, good news, the whole team agreed and your weapon is a go, but here is how it should work in order for me to be allowed to approve it

-It will be able to cause multiple statuses, but one at a time of course and you'd need to change "cartridges" to change the status you want to inflict.

-Those "cartridges" would be the status items that you can buy in the shop. You need to buy them in order to use them, kinda like buying dust. Good point is, since it will be in form of a gas, you'll be able to affect more than one person with it. I know that some of the items can't be turned into gas easily (bandages, magnets...) But he you'd buy them, just have a original way to use that effect in a gas, like you could say you used something else for the gas. If you bought the item, it should be fine.

-Since you would need to buy your items and that your gas tank would work like dust weapons, you'd be able to use dust as well. Like fire dust to make a flamethrower. Just be sure to change cartridge.

-Since you would need items/dusts to use it, some staff recommend that you second item should be a starting set of either of those, since it would be hard to fight without any ammunition. But we have some way to make money without fighting, so you could keep your mask, and avoid fights until you get some items. If you would rather start with items, you should be able to have more than one use, like dust which is 2 vials of 5, so 10. I'm not sure if it will be 10, need an answer from the team, but yeah... If you choose Items as second item, just put it and I'll tell you how many you'll be able to have.

So, just kinda rewrite a bit your weapon description, just so all the details above are in it. I'll come back to you once again and hopefully for the last time to fully approve your app ^^

7Grado Bale Empty Re: Grado Bale Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 am

alphabeowolf

alphabeowolf
Let's see if this one is to end it all!
Third times the charm!

I have affixed the weapon description to manage and clear out any un clear or foggy rules that the weapon carried with it and made it clear how the tanks works in functionality with it's own flaws mixed with bonuses.

Secondly, I personally like Grado carrying the gasmask for two reasons.
the first being that for lore or history of the character, it would make sense for him to carry a gasmask in Syne or in public mainly because he does so in the history background for him. I also just like the thought of him carrying a old gasmask his father used to own, mainly because it builds more character, Although the thought of starting with equipment is a great idea and would probably be the best idea, I think I have to side with the character item more then the ammo, which personally I don't mind because hey, let's face it, Role playing things are usually slow and tutorial like in the beginning before the real action takes place in.
2. Also it would give me a better feel for on just writing basic things before getting into more advance things, not that I'm a bad writer, but mainly because practice makes perfect, and mainly because I don't want to screw up a awesome fight scene, where in stead could mess up a lunch break talk instead

I like to thank you for your dedication for this app and for spending the extra time to discuss with the other members and apologise for any inconvenience that may have occurred.

8Grado Bale Empty Re: Grado Bale Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Good news, it's a go ^^

If you encounter any problem, just tell me and I'll be glad to help you

So, officially, Welcome to Syne ^^

Grado Bale G3338

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum