You are not connected. Please login or register

Resisting/Staving Off Status Effects

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Resisting/Staving Off Status Effects Empty Resisting/Staving Off Status Effects Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:02 am

Xavier

Xavier
I haven't noticed anyone using status effects very often, but I feel like that could change quick and that could mean crazy things. From what I can tell, Status Effects have anywhere between 3/4 and 1/4 of a chance to be inflicted...that is between 25% and 75%! That is extremely high odds just for saying 'Zoie slashes Tommy deeply across his belly.'

So, I propose the ability to either shrug off the effect outside of it's natural counters via the same dice roll, or to prevent the status all together based off a dice roll. My idea would be that you get one chance to shrug off/prevent the status per affliction attempt, and that it would be a 50/50 shot whether you would succeed or become afflicted.

This may seem silly or whatever, but I seriously think it should be implemented.

2Resisting/Staving Off Status Effects Empty Re: Resisting/Staving Off Status Effects Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:39 pm

Xavier

Xavier
Question answered in chatbox.

I was basically informed that the initial die roll counts as not only the chance of infliction from your opponent, but also represents your chance to resist the effects, even though there's no bonuses for resisting such effects like there is for being able to upgrade affinity for applying them.

However, I feel like my idea should be implemented in some effect once status effects are more rampant.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum