You are not connected. Please login or register

You can talk?! [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1You can talk?! [Open] Empty You can talk?! [Open] Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Aliane Wu

Aliane Wu
Aliane was still feeling rather depressed about what had happened a few weeks back as she was remembering what had happened she thought I wonder how he is doing? I hope he isn't beating himself up about this.. Sono it wasn't your fault at all it was her fault for starting a fight!.. I have to find a way to get my mind back on track and maybe finally face the facts that he might not come back.. Or maybe just use something to make me forget.. I just need a friend.. Maybe a pet? Yeah a pet could work! Ali went into the pet shop and took her time picking a pet. She choose a flying squirrel because it was small and seemed easier to handle. Ali made her way out of the pet shop carrying her pet and she looked at it and began speaking to it "I suppose I am going to have to give you a name right? Well I might as well tell you my name first I am Aliane Wu." The squirrel was staring intently at her as she introduced her name then the squirrel used her semblance which was telepathy to communicate with her new owner Aliane huh? So can I call you Ali? Now as for my name I like the name Luna! I like Luna because of the moon shape on my forehead. Aliane responded to the squirrel "Yeah Luna.. I like it!.. WAIT YOU CAN TALK?!" This loud outburst caused the squirrel to step back a bit and nearly fall from Ali's hands as she responded ..Well I am not exactly talking it is more like communicated with my mind its telepathy and that is my semblance.. However I can only talk to you like this.. Also could you please not yell like that its kinda loud and it will cause people to stare at us. Ali looked at Luna and said "Right sorry I didn't mean to yell you just caught me off guard."

2You can talk?! [Open] Empty Re: You can talk?! [Open] Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:27 am

Kei

Kei

Kei

Kei was exploring a local pet shop looking for nothing in particular. Kei had to admit this was a bit out of character then his usual self. This was because Kei generally hated animals. There wasn't really an actual reason to why he didn't like animals, he simply disliked them because he did. Call him odd, at least he found himself happier without a pet in his life.

Of course, disliking animals yet spending free time in a pet store in itself is almost contradictory. Kei's reason for being in the pet store? A school project. He was supposed to be observing wildlife. Kei's thoughts to that assignment? 'Screw that.' And he instead went to the pet store, where he decided life was fairly wild enough.

Kei walked around, passing by and observing the different pets that were for sell and whatnot. Kei sighed to himself, he wasn't exactly sure what he was supposed to be observing. These animals all did the same thing everyday. Eat, sleep, and poop. They had no intelligence at all and were not unique at all. Yet little children and other adults alike were walking through this shop looking thoroughly enjoyed at the sight of these animals. Some were taking pictures with the caged pets while others were playing with them. Kei even walked past someone talking to a squirrel. Kei knew people talked to animals just to play around, so it didn't catch Kei off guard. It did catch Kei off guard when the person began yelling at the squirrel and it began to seem like the person was holding a full conversation with the squirrel.

Kei stopped to turn his head. There was no way there was a conversation going on between human and an animal. Animals aren't smart enough to talk to humans, much less understand them. The one talking to a squirrel appeared to be a teenage female with greenish hair. Nothing that stood out more to the fact she was holding a conversation with a squirrel. Kei knew that he probably should have walked away from such people, but curiosity got the better of him and he approached the female and the squirrel.

"Times sure are changing huh?" Kei casually but sarcastically said as he barged into the conversation, "I remember just yesterday when it was impossible to hold a conversation with an animal. Now, it seems that's a thing of the past."

Mood: Passive
Condition: Healthy
Health: 180
Aura: 120

3You can talk?! [Open] Empty Re: You can talk?! [Open] Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Alexander Davis

Alexander Davis
Hm, well this is a nice place. Alex thought as he strolled into one of the pet stores of Bellmuse. As soon as he entered the store he could see that the place was having plenty of business because of how many people were in here. Though why wouldn’t there be a bus load of people here? Most animals in a pet shop were still young so the level of cuteness in this one building went through the roof! On that thought Alex’s gaze shifted over to one of the children playing with a chinchilla, and realized that the thought of the cuteness going through the roof could be taken literally if one of those animals escaped and started to climb.

It hadn’t been that long ago that Alex had accepted the job offer at Syne as the grounds keeper, and not long afterwards a group of movers were sent to Alex’s apartment to gather all of his belongings so they could be moved to the on campus resident that he was going to be calling home from now on. At the moment they were taking a much needed break so Alex decided to take a look around town since he wasn’t going to be there as often as he used to be from now on. He was going to be surrounded by students that intended to become Hunters and Huntresses so tensions were going to be riding high, and that meant a whole new level of crazy for Alex to deal with… and clean up after. So taking a look at something cute and fluffy was a nice idea, considering he wasn’t going to be seeing that much often from now on.

His gaze shifted to some of the mice and they tugged at his heart, reminding him of one of his former teammates, a rat faunas named Stella. During his time at Beacon Alex was doing the test where all the new students were sent into the Emerald Forest to team up, retrieve the artifacts at the end of the forest, and then make it back to the cliff. Along the way they would team up with whomever they ran into first, and Stella was the person he first ran into. Alex liked the faunas since they helped his mother raise him, but Stella always had a way of scurrying around… and sneaking up behind him before tackling him out of fun. She was also really good at wielding that katana of hers… and Alex wouldn’t have had her any other way, scurry and all. She just grew on him.

Just like these animals in the pet store he thought as he started to glance at the squirrels. Before he could get a good look at them though the teenage girl next to help screamed so loudly that Alex wondered if he was now partly deaf in his left ear. ”Ow! Nice set of lungs on ya but did you have to do that?” Alex said with a wince as he rubbed his left ear with his left forefinger. That was when what she had screamed sank in and he realized she walk talking to the squirrel in her hands. ”Did… did you just say that the squirrel…? Okay that a little nuts, pun not intended.” he remarked as a tall and darkly clothed man walked over as well. That girl had gotten a lot of attention with that one comment, weather she wanted it or not.

4You can talk?! [Open] Empty Re: You can talk?! [Open] Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:30 pm

Aliane Wu

Aliane Wu
The squirrel's suspicion was correct and because of Ali's little outburst two people tried speak with her the squirrel seemed annoyed as she used her semblance to speak to her owner is a Did he just go there?.. A little nuts! If I were human then I would show them who's nuts! No one ever takes me seriously! WE LIVE IN A WORLD WITH ANDROIDS AND THEY ONE THING THEY DON'T BELIEVE IS POSSIBLE IS A TALKING SQUIRREL?! Ali was also slightly annoyed at the people around her and she looked at her pet and said "I can understand where you are coming from but please don't do anything you will regret I mean you are pretty light anyone can fling you against a wall and that would be it." Ali then sighed and began to address the people around her "Now then I do apologize about that Luna caught me off guard just about as much as it would throw you off if you had a squirrel in your head.. Yes I said having a squirrel in my head and yes I know it sounds crazy it's telepathy Luna says she can only communicate with her owner though. Oh also whether or not the pun was intended she really didn't like that nut comment and quite frankly neither do I.. Luna also doesn't see why you both seemed so amazed about a pet with the semblance of telepathy since there are androids walking around." Luna nodded and spoke to her owner again Yeah you tell 'em Ali! I am beginning to like you more and more! I can tell you aren't going to put up with people. Ali spoke to her pet again saying "No it's not that I am unwilling to put up with them at all just setting the facts straight." 

5You can talk?! [Open] Empty Re: You can talk?! [Open] Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:39 pm

Kei

Kei

Kei

"Right," Kei said completely unconvinced, "Telepathy. It all makes sense now. Yup, completely makes sense..."

Kei squatted to get eye level with the squirrel. He frowned as he looked the squirrel directly in the eye, observing the animal. Kei didn't believe the girl at all.
That's right, Kei thought to himself, There is no way a squirrel would be able to communicate with a human. Squirrels aren't even magical to begin with, much less smart enough to even understand a human and talk to one.

Mood: Passive
Aura: 120

6You can talk?! [Open] Empty Re: You can talk?! [Open] Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Alexander Davis

Alexander Davis
The instant that Alex made the nuts comment he noticed that the squirrel's facial expression had actually changed. It was almost as if... "Wait, did... did that squirrel understand what I just said?" Alex stated a little puzzled as he cocked an eyebrow. After a moment of silence he realized that if the squirrel really could communicate then it was doing so now with the teenage girl in front of him. That assumption was confirmed when the girl seemed to be responding to the squirrel before she turned to talk to him and the other young man standing nearby.

And she had a point. Her point wasn’t with how the talking squirrel was communicating… though it was nice to know how it was happening. No her point was with the fact that a talking squirrel was actually less strange than what happened in their world on a daily basis. People using elemental dust to cast spells, bipedal robots with genuine emotions, weapons that could transform between a gun and a melee weapon and yet still had the rigidness needed to be useful without breaking… ”You’re right.” Alex finally stated as the puzzled look on his face faded and was replaced with a warm and yet apologetic smile. ”My comment was a bit out of line. My apologies. And considering what we see everyday, a talking squirrel is a bit mild compared to the rest of it. Though it does bring up the question of if other animals are intelligent as well.” he mused, then he glanced around and noticed that one of the for sale birds rang the bell in its cage the moment the store owner looked away, and on the spot one of the caged hamsters unlocked its cage, climbed out, and started to skitter towards one of the children that were playing in the petting zoo. Alex turned back to the girl and her squirrel Luna and shivered. ”… which is now making me want to go vegetarian.” He said through clenched teeth.

However Alex didn’t stop thinking about the situation. ”Come to think of it… having a pet that can communicate telepathically would be a boon for any hunter or huntress. The animal could observe a battle from above and warn their owner, or partner in this case, of a Grimm hiding in their partner’s blind spot. If said pet could communicate with multiple people at once, then that team could stay connected without the use of their scrolls and change their tactics on the fly even if they were separated.” Alex stated as he folded his arms over his chest and glanced downwards in thought. He had no idea he was talking to a pair of hunters, but still better to get the thought out before he forgot it.

7You can talk?! [Open] Empty Re: You can talk?! [Open] Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:24 pm

Aliane Wu

Aliane Wu
Ali was getting more and more annoyed by the second as her pet was telling her YOU HERE THAT? THAT ONE DOESN'T BELIEVE YOU! I WILL TEACH HIM! One of the two men that had gathered near Ali seemed to get down near the squirrel's level and the squirrel took no time he scurrying over to him and attempting to bite his nose. Ali lifted the animal before she had the chance to though while saying "No no no no no no no no no! Don't do that!" The squirrel then said to her owner Awww why not it would teach him to not treat you like a crazy person wouldn't it? Ali sighed as she said "Luna I really don't care if they consider me crazy or not. It is their decision as to whether or not they want to believe the truth or not don't get worked up about it." Ali then noticed that the other man who seemed a bit older began to apologize for his previous comment. Luna simply nodded toward him to show that she accepted the apology and said to her owner Now there is a guy that actually seems to believe us Ali!.. Well then again he does look older so maybe the ability to believe in things grows with maturity AND he sees how useful I can be!

OOC Note/Mod Note -Kei:

8You can talk?! [Open] Empty Re: You can talk?! [Open] Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:56 am

Kei

Kei

Kei

As Kei bent closer to the squirrel, it made an attempt to bite him which caused Kei to flick back. Luckily, the owner intervened and grabbed to squirell before anything could happen. The owner continued speaking to the squirrel, in which Kei was still convinced was silly. He thought to himself once again, No way squirrels are smart enough to communicate with humans. The squirrel continued to give Kei bad looks which was annoying Kei.

"Oi oi," Kei complained to the owner, "First the squirrel attempts to attack me and now its giving me mean looks. You really should control your pet better you know? It's like parenting. At this rate, your squirrels going to grow to be a high school dropout."

The other one here who was a few years older than Kei himself begin to accept that the squirrel really could communicate, which Kei also thought was silly. He then went on about how such a pet could be utilized in combat, which actually made sense to Kei. Kei thought about it for a bit, how such a pet could be used as an ally in battle.

"Hmm," Kei scratched his head in response, "I suppose that does make sense. Kinda like a third eye I suppose. Too bad there is no way squirrels could be that intelligent."

Mood: Casual
Aura: 130

9You can talk?! [Open] Empty Re: You can talk?! [Open] Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Alexander Davis

Alexander Davis
Alex simply watched as the squirrel attempted to bite at the young man that was still against the idea of an animal having intelligence.  While it was true that the man was being disrespectful, there was still the fact that Alex had never heard of animals having a semblance or human level intelligence.  You'd think by now someone would've made an announcement of the animals around them having power like a hunter's power.  "Dude, I'd be careful.  If that squirrel has a semblance then I wouldn't put bad an eyelash at the idea of that animal using dust.  In which case... I'd recommend that every huntsman and huntress consider having a pet they can bring into battle." Alex stated in a matter of fact tone.

On that note Alex started to glance around at the other animals, wondering if any of them had the same potential and noticed some animals were set aside with much higher price tags... and there was a sign that had recommended for hunters written on it in big bold letters.  There were several cages over there, and one of them looked like it was meant for an animal the size of Luna.  There were a few other empty cages, but Alex focused his attention on the animals that weren't sold yet... and he wasn't impressed.  At that moment all that was on sale was a snake and a pig.  Both would be low to the ground so if he brought them into combat the chances of them getting hit by Wrecker were low... still though he wasn't sure if he'd take them into battle.  Thanks to his habit of riding on the trees he grew, the pet he bought would have to be able to keep up with him.  The snake might be able to by riding on him or by coiling around a branch... though snakes weren't known for being fast over long distances.  They were ambush predators, not mean for long battles of attrition that Alex sometimes found himself in.  The pig however was another matter.  What most people didn't know was that even though pigs looked overweight was that they were all muscle.  An angry dog could be kicked away or simply head down.  You couldn't do that with a pig because of how strong they were.  The problem was that this pig seemed to be young and not fully grown yet... and there was no way a pig could keep up with him on a tree.  They were meant to be on the ground, and no where else.  If only it could fly... Alex thought... although he couldn't avoid either animal so he simply pushed those thoughts aside.

He turned his attention back to the other two young people as the male mentioned that an intelligent animal was impossible.  "I take it you don't do much on faith.  What if the squirrel proved to you that she intelligent?"

Alex was cut off by his scroll beeping. When he looked down at hit he realized that he was going to be late for his flight to beacon if he didn't leave now. "On ho! I'm gonna miss my flight! Gotta go!" And with that Alex was out the door.

(exit)

Last edited by Alexander Davis on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to join)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum