You are not connected. Please login or register

Friends and Family [Open/Vale]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:08 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren sighed as he walked down familiar streets and past familiar stores as he shrugged his jacket on just a little bit tighter to fight off the biting cold of winter. He'd come home to visit the family over the break, but honestly... There was only so much of them he could take after a while. He loved them all to death, but... He couldn't help but feel as if he dissapointed people. It's why he had to make himself better. Become the best.

He shook the feelings of inadequacy from his mind though, allowing himself to fall into silent nostalgia. Old streets brought back old memories, and for a while he couldn't help but realize that he was sort of on his own. It'd been rather abrupt going from child to adult, and he wasn't sure if he really felt all that grown up yet.

He stopped at a nearby park. He remembered coming here when he was young to play, and as a place to train when he'd truly gotten it in himself to become a Hunter. After his Aura had been unlocked. He moved to take a seat at a bench that was close, settling in to wrap himself up a little more into his clothes as he watched himself breath little puffs of smoke into the air. How time flew by...

2Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Re: Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Liohea10

Friends and Family [Open/Vale] SeeU.240.906257

It felt so nice to be back home again. It felt like ages since she had last been in Vale, where she grew up, and Honestly she did not really think she would miss it as much as she had. This place held so many bad memories, but it also kept most of her really good ones too. After she and her mother had gotten to their old house and settled back in, Liona almost immediately left to go to the park. It was her favorite place to go as a kid. Maybe she would see some of her old friends again, though she would call most of them tomorrow regardless.

It was was pretty cold out, and the snow on the ground had clearly been there for at least a few days. The park was at it's prime during the late spring, with its vibrant flowers and trees. None of that was here of course, But it was still pretty great during the winter. The bare branches made fun tangled patterns. Maybe it was just Liona's Bias and the special place in her heart that held this park. AS she walked along the various paths, she looked around at all of the familiarity, until she stopped to find something else that was familiar in a different way.

She could Recognize Warren even from the back. Immediately, she scooped up some of the white snow and molded it into a ball between her gloves before chucking it at the back of her school mate's head. "Is there nowhere I can escape to without you stalking me? It's legitimately creepy now."

Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Liofoo10

3Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Re: Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:53 pm

Willow Novack

Willow Novack
From time-to-time, even Willow found that there were moments that she simply didn't need to say anything. As she walked the familiar streets with her brother, she found that if there ever were those times, this was one. Perhaps it was because the tomboy had more or less elected to come with him without really asking for permission and she knew that there wasn't really a reason for her to be there. Or maybe it was that Warren had that face on that revealed that he was deep in thought about something. Whatever it is that older brothers think about when they take walks in the frigid cold. Tugging on her sweater's sleeves, she slipped her hands into them to better protect them from the wind that was proving to be quite annoying.

But this walk gave her time to think about what she had done in the relatively short time that she was at Syne when compared to her brother. Meeting some wonderful people, having more fun than she could have imagined, and especially towards a certain fauna that brought a wide smile to her face, they were experiences that she wouldn't have been able to go through otherwise. She was proud of her accomplishments up to this point, even getting into Syne in the first place. But the brunette knew that she had a long way to go before she was going to be content with her position - both in life and as a huntress.

Willow blinked curiously as her brother sat down on a nearby bench, giving a quiet chuckle under her breath as she paused for just a moment. Not feeling like sitting down on the snowy bench just yet, she instead decided to move over and lean on the back of said bench, facing opposite Warren for the time being. She was far too energetic to take a moment to rest, but she didn't want to leave her brother out here. Or perhaps the case was more she didn't want to continue walking alone? Whatever the case may be, she simply allowed the two siblings to enjoy the snowy day as much as they could.

Willow thought it was going to be rather peaceful until she saw something strange out of the corner of her eye. A girl, it seemed, and one that didn't look happy to see... one of them. Considering the tomboy had never seen the girl in her life, she make the safe assumption that she was referring to her brother. As she watched her form and toss the snowball, her eyes followed the projectile, "Uh... Warren? There a reason that girl thinks you're stalking her..?" She blinked, "Wait... are you actually stalking her? Is that why you came out here..?"

4Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Re: Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:17 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren was shaken from his nostalgiac thoughts as a shock of cold impacted the back of his head, sending bits of frozen snow and ice across his head and down the back of his clothes. He leapt up with a yelp, wiping at his head and shaking out his clothes as he tried to get the ice out, whirling around towards a familiar voice. "Liona!?" Warren called out. "What the hell are you doing here?!" He groaned as the girl accused him of his usual 'stalking'. "Holy hell, I'm here visiting my family! As if I'd want to spend a week away from school hunting you down. You give me enough grief as is." Warren glared at the Faunus girl before he whirled onto his sister.

"Wait what!? You think I'm a stalker too? You're my sister! You're supposed to be taking my side!"

5Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Re: Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:09 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Warren's reaction probably should have been expected, but really he didn't need to be so touchy about it. It wasn't like this was the First time Liona had accused him of stalking. Though, the cat's comment did attract the attention of another human, one who Liona just did not notice until now. Judging by Warren's response to the red head girl, She seemed to be his sister, though Liona could not really see it. They did not really look that much alike. In any case, after a small glare at this new girl, the lion turned back to Warren. "I'm only joking Warren, Relax." she assured him, rolling her eyes. "I'm here to hang out with Mom, considering I don't get to see her very often since moving to Bellmuse." This brought up an interesting thought. If Warren was here, surely some other school mates could be too. Liona would have to be careful about who saw her with her mother. "You aren't the only one who apparently grew up in Vale."

Last edited by Liona Mimiko on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:36 am; edited 2 times in total

6Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Re: Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:56 am

Willow Novack

Willow Novack
Willow let out a slight snicker, watching her brother with an amused smirk. It wasn't that she really thought Warren was the type to stalk a girl - or anyone for that matter - but it was more that she enjoyed teasing him. With a shrug, "Hey, sister or not, I've no idea what you do in your freetime. For all I know, there's a shrine or something in your closet." With that said, the tomboy gave one final chuckle before more or less phasing out of the conversation. It was obvious that this fauna knew her brother in one way or another. Perhaps they weren't that close with how they talked to one another. However, the way that Liona glared at the younger Novack certainly make her curious.

Meeting said glare with simply a quirked brow, Willow crossed her arms under her chest before allowing her attention to wander around elsewhere. This wasn't her conversation, and she'd much prefer to allow the two to talk and catch up or whatever they were planning on doing. Not that she wasn't interested, she had always wondered who her brother spent time with at Syne other than her. But she was hardly someone that enjoyed being rude and eavesdropping on people talking. Worst case scenario, she might wander off for a while if she got too bored. Probably head to the cafe she used to go to. Which she just so happened to be getting a craving for due to the cold.

7Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Re: Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:16 pm

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren gives Willow a glare as he scoffs at her. "You are the worst sister ever, I swear..." The boy rolls his eyes at her and gives her a light shove as he turns back towards Liona.

"If that was you joking, then you really need to work on your punchlines, you know that?" Warren sighed and crossed his arms. "Your mom?" He asked as he tilted his head in thought. There were a few questions he wanted to ask about that but that didn't seem like the best idea at the moment, seeing as how their last little talk went down, so for the moment he simply let the topic die in his head. Instead he simply sighed and let his arms fall back to his side. "I don't think you ever mentioned that you lived in Vale to me before..." He gives a snort. "I suppose I should be glad I didn't meet you before Syne then, huh?"

8Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Re: Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:43 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

So what if Liona's quip fell flat? At least she made an effort. Sure, she had accused him of such stalking before whilst being very much more serious than she was being at this time, but she figured that Warren would at least understand the joke. Oh well, better luck next time, she supposed. It seemed the human man also had a thing to say about Liona being from Vale. First of all, he commented on how Liona never told him about this. Frankly, it wasn't any of his business and she did not believe it ever had a reason to come up in conversation. She had already told him WAY more about herself than she would EVER be willing to tell ANYONE. Liona began to open her mouth to retort, but Warren continued, Telling her that he was glad they never met before Syne. Liona's eyes widened, highly offended. There she was, trying to be as nice as she dared to be, and he responds with "I'm glad we never met"!? Come to think of it, why WAS she trying? He was the enemy. In any normal situation, Liona wouldn't have even given the time of day to one of his kind, and now she was socializing? Her mind filled with thoughts of anger and hate and a bit of self-disgust. "Oh, I'm sorry, I seemed to come dangerously close to forgetting you're HUMAN. Guess I should be glad I suddenly remembered, huh!?" With a furious groan she began to stomp away through the snow to somewhere else. Anywhere else. Probably the other side of the park, sit on a swing set or something.

9Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Re: Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:51 am

Willow Novack

Willow Novack
Willow let out a soft chuckle as her brother gave a light shove to her arm. That was one thing that she could always count on to improve her day; teasing Warren was always just so delightful. And the way he reacted to it always just made it that much better. But that was all of her contribution to the conversation for the time being. Instead, she just idly listened to the two as she leaned on the bench still, relaxing and letting the two friends catch-up. Or were they friends? They seemed a bit awkward, even if that was her brother's natural state most of the time. But it was always a comforting type of awkward that was rather nostalgic. Something that reminded her of her earlier years when she would look up to the boy - and maybe still kind've did.

"I suppose I should be glad I didn't meet you before Syne then, huh?"

Willow blinked, "What?" She almost couldn't believe that her brother said something like that, causing her to turn her head to face the young man as she furrowed her brow. Giving Warren an incredulous look, she opened her mouth to say something, but before she could get it out the fauna that was just there was already storming off. Glancing between the two, the tomboy sighed as she shook her head slowly, "Not gonna lie... that was a really dumb thing to say to anyone, much less a girl." With that said, she pushed herself from the bench and began to take a few steps towards the direction that Liona went, calling out, "Hey! Hold up a moment!"

10Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Re: Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren blinked in surprise at Liona's violent reaction, and then at his sister telling him off. "How the hell is this my fault?!" The boy cried out, asking no one in particular as Willow rushed off after Liona. Warren honestly didn't know what he had apparently done wrong. As far as he saw it, they were trading insults like always. Sure her reaction was a little more of an outburst than usual... actually, he wasn't sure if he could say that... looking back, they had pretty much always met, or had their conversations evolve, into situations jut short of violent. Sure, this outburst was a little more out of place, but... hadn't it always been like this? They had their moments, but Liona had made perfectly clear she hated him. Why did she suddenly seem to care about what he said about her?

The boy threw his hands up into the air. "Goddammit!" He cursed as he followed after his sister. There was no way he was going to leave his sister running after the self described 'human hater' on her own, and he really wanted to know what that was all about too.

11Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Empty Re: Friends and Family [Open/Vale] Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:28 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

"Wait up!" Considering the voice was coming from a girl, Liona was pretty positive on who it was that was chasing her. Dealling with an infuriating human was sickening enough, and the cat figured that dealing with said human's blood would be equally as annoying. As such, Liona did not feel compelled to stop and humor Warren's sister. "Stop following me! You humans have already done enough!" She shouted, undoubtedly turning some heads from the other park goers. Liona didn't care though, she was just done. at this point she was ready to go home, but not with the female human and now Warren himself after her. after a bit the blonde just got angry and stopped on a dime, sinning around to face the enemies. "What do you want?? Can't you tell when someone wants to be alone?!" She pointed at Warren. "And YOU have the nerve to come along too? You represent everything I hate about your kind!"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum