You are not connected. Please login or register

A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:46 am

Noire

Noire
VIP
VIP
Excitement a nervousness were a common mix of feelings. Noire - at her short seventeen years of age - was quite familiar with it for several reasons. After all, she often suffered from social anxiety and somehow found herself surrounded by people more than she was comfortable with. Moreover, she had been raised to fight and hunt grimm for her old village. Nevertheless, the feeling wasn't something that she could get used to. No matter how many grimm exterminations she had done, she still felt rather nervous before each time. It was a good kind of nervousness, though - the kind that helped to keep her on her toes and encouraged her to have fun with it, despite the dangerous circumstances. She wouldn't be going alone, though. Apparently, she was assigned a few people to go with her. It made sense, really, that the school wouldn't send a freshman alone on a hunt. Things could get dangerous and complicated, after all.

Balancing on the balls of her feet and then standing on the tips of her toes, she rocked back and forth as she waited at the school's entrance. Her sword - Spire Chaos - rested across her back. It was the only way that she could carry it without it dragging along the ground. Maybe she could get it modified so that it bent to a smaller shape... After all, she didn't really have the technical capabilities to do it herself. It would also be great if she could get it to turn into a bazooka or some sort of other long distance weapon. She stored that thought away for another moment. Right now, she had to try to make sense of the map that she had just downloaded to her scroll. Of course, it didn't help that she was holding it upside down.

A red X marked the place where she was supposed to go. The map acted as a GPS, which would make it easier to navigate the forest. Noire hummed a tuneless melody under her breath as she waited for the other two to come. She tried not to smile in an attempt to seem serious and concentrated. the result was an odd expression that made her look like she just drank pure lemon juice.

OOC: We get to fight one level 6 Deathstalker! Link here!

2A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:24 am

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
Snow, more snow, still more snow – oh look a squirrel! – snow… Now that it was cold and uncomfortable, Jet was suddenly swarmed in hunts. Not that he hated winter, but he always got back to the dorms after fighting a grimm with soggy socks from melted snow that entered his boots. And he hated that. Who would anyway?

Entering the forest, the sunglasses wearing guy made his way toward the destination. It wasn’t too far. Jet actually questioned the need to keep his glasses since it was pretty dark with a clear sky, but since he has been blinded with a flash light once when he had left his sunglasses at home, he rarely removed them. Still, he could probably at least stash them in his pockets? Nha… He’d love to take them off but it would be a pain to rush and put them back on if for any reason he was showered in a bright light source.

Walking slowly, he started whistling. The forest looked better at night. The trees were still devoid of leaves and covered in ice instead, but the night light from the stars was very pretty through the ice coating the dark wood. He was pretty early… maybe? He hadn’t checked the time in a bit. Taking out his scroll, he saw that he was actually slightly late. Not enough to be alarming, but for Jet it was enough to make him speed up. He prided himself to be very punctual so long as whatever it was wasn’t in the morning… The morning is evil…

He stopped whistling at the same time and he thought for a second he heard someone humming. Shrugging, he walked and found one of his two partners for the hunt. It didn’t take him long to recognise her with her horns, white hair and giant sword of doom. “Oh! Hey! Noire right?” Jet jogged the last few meters to reach her. “Well I didn’t know I’d be teamed with you but I’m glad! I wonder who will be our last partner, I saw it was a three man hunt. I hope we have something challenging too!

Jet was giving Noire one of his trademark super-smile, the kind that made him look like an idiot while conveying his good mood in a way that would be considered overkill by most normal people. Funny thing is, it wasn’t even forced, that kind of smile had become natural to him which was all the more strange and characteristic of him. Still, his smile died down a bit after he felt a shiver go through him. It was always cold when he hunted, who know why. Looking at his partner to see if she shared his freezing condition, he suddenly realised she lacked any form of footwear. “Waiiiiit… How can you stand being barefoot in snow? Aren’t you freezing?” As if to accentuate his words, the black haired man had another shiver run through his body and began shifting his weight on each foot to keep moving and fight the cold.

3A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:48 am

Crimson Waters

Crimson Waters
Crimson decided to follow Jet and Noire to see where they went as he wanted to get his first taste of Grimm experience but didn't know what to do and was watching them walk through the forest but kept his distance and used his invisibility semblance to hide him from their view he wondered if he should show himself and let them know he snuck out of the school to follow them on the adventure. He was carrying his katana sword  ready to help in case they needed any backup but  didn't want to talk to them as he didn't know if he would get in trouble for seeking off out of school to go on a hunt.

seeing as the forest would be dark it would be hard for people to see my footprints right? crimson thought to himself as he was looking at the gps tracker that noire and Jet were looking at to see what location they were going to. Crimson's breath started to show in the cold so he took a some steps back to be careful as he knew that even though he could go invisible in the snow and his breath too along with the noises of the crunching on the snow could still be heard and seen.

All though it was only Crimson's second day he wanted to make some friends and show them he can help and fight too and seeing as he had no classes as he hadn't signed up for any yet cause that's how he roles he grinned to himself as he thought this, he wanted to prove that he has what it takes to be a hunter. The red haired boy wondered since he was invisible this is how he would end up in the world if he couldn't make it as a hunter invisible and alone. this made crimson feel depressed and sad which was a common thing for him but got over it quickly and went back on following Noire and Jet.

Last edited by crimson waters on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:21 pm; edited 5 times in total

4A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:00 pm

Kei

Kei

Kei

"They're sadists. All of them." Kei grumbled to himself referring to those who issue out the Academy jobs. They knew he hated the cold. Kei told them this on multiple occasions. Yet instead of taking it easy on him during this cold season, they basically told him, 'No, we can't do that', and continued to give him not just as many jobs, but actually more then usual. If someone told Kei at this moment that there were such things as Demon Fauns, Kei would believe them, because the Academy Job issuers were pretty evil.

Sighing to himself, Kei pulled out his scroll checking the map. He was nearing the location of where he was supposed to meet up with others. Although the Job issuers had given him some intel on who the others that were accompanying him on this hunt were, Kei didn't really pay much attention to it. As such, Kei had no idea who else he was supposed to be meeting out here. Not that it really mattered though, he was more interested in getting this hunt over with and retreating back into the warmth of his home.

As he got closer to the location on the map, Kei saw two figures a little ways off in the distance. It was hard to make out entirely who it was from this far away, but he was pretty certain it was who he was supposed to meet up with. Afterall, who else would be out here in this terrible weather? Tucking his scroll back into his coat, Kei slowly trudged along the snow covered ground to the two figures.

As he got closer, Kei saw who the two were. Both of them hunters by the looks of it. First one was a guy with sunglasses on. He had some kind of chain-like weapon on him, but it was hard to tell as it was kept coiled away. The second person was a female fauness as she had somekind of horns on her. A goat fauness maybe? Or a deer? Kei wasn't really too sure, he didn't really know his animals all that much. She had a fairly large sword on her back, one that no normal person would be able to use because it would be too heavy. Kei then noticed she had no shoes on. Either she was on some pretty strong pain blocking drugs or she had some kind of resistance to the cold. Probably from her fauness blood.

"Don't expect me to carry you if end up with frost bite on your feet." Kei remarked in a fairly unfriendly way to the female fauness referring to her shoeless self, "As fun as it would be to carry an attractive girl, extra weight is extra weight, I'd rather not deal with that."

Kei then turned to the guy with sunglassses on, "Same goes to you to. I mean I can see you're actually keeping your feet protected and all, but a heads up if in case to you take your boots off in an attempt to get a piggy back ride out of me."

Of course at this time, Kei was paying no attention to his surroundings thus did not notice the presence of the person who was currently invisible in the background.

Mood: Somewhat Annoyed
Condition: Cold
Health: 180
Aura: 150

Damage, Health, Aura:

5A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Noire

Noire
VIP
VIP
OOC: Alright! Posting order - Crimson, Kei, myself, Jet!

IC:

Noire was so absorbed in the small map in her hands that she barely noticed Jet walking her way. She tapped on the screen a few times, watching how it zoomed in and out every time she did. It was the first time in her life that she had ever owned a scroll. It had been graciously issued to her by Syne Academy after she had officially enrolled a few weeks ago. Consequently, she was still getting used to the device and all of its features. Calls were something that she still had trouble grasping, but she could sort of operate the GPS feature, despite the fact that she was still holding it upside down. The bright light coming from it lit up her face in the dark environment. The sun had set a few hours ago and had been replaced by the shattered moon shining brightly overhead.

Noire found it somewhat surprising that there were such a thing as night hunts. She thought that all school-related activities were supposed to happen during the regular class schedule. She hadn't known when she applied to the school that they required students to engage in activities at any time of the day. It didn't really matter, though. The young girl didn't have anything else to do and fighting Grimm sounded like an entertaining way to pass the time. Moreover, her eyesight was remarkable, due mostly to her faunus heritage. It also made her an exceptional climber. Curiously, she was also able to survive on grass for a few month at a time. Noire stopped humming to herself when she heard someone greet her. "Hi Jet!" She greeted brightly, waving her hands at him.

She remembered the boy quite clearly - he had come to defend her from a group that was harassing her, making fun of her race and pulling on her horns only a few days ago. She was glad to see that he remembered her too. "You're coming with me?" She asked, as if it weren't obvious already. She jumped excitedly in celebration. She was glad to be with someone she knew. "We're hunting a..." she looked at her scroll again, reading over the mission assignment. "Duh..Deat... Deathstalker!" She said. The girl had taught her self how to read only a few months back and still had trouble with it often.

When he pointed out that she was barefoot, she looked down at her feet in confusion. "Huh? Oh! That!" She said. "I don't like shoes, they feel weird," she explained, as if that were reason enough. Another perk of her faunus heritage - albeit an odd one - was the thick skin on the soles of her feet. Much like the hooves of a ram, they had little to no feeling in them and allowed for easy movement through rough terrain without need for shoes. As she finished explaining, another boy came up to them, also commenting on the lack of protection on her feet. "Attractive?" She said, pointing at herself, a little confused and cocking her head to the side slightly. She then giggled, as if something clicked. "Oh! It was a joke!" She said, nodding to herself and letting out a happy laugh.

Tucking away her scroll for the time being, she turned towards the direction of the forest. With enthusiasm, she pointed ahead. "Forward! To the mission!" She said. Before she could move forward, however, she spotted the condensed breath of a disembodied figure. Once again, confusion flashed across her features. "Hm?" She uttered to herself. Momentarily, she closed her eyes and sniffed around the air. Yep! There was someone definitely there. She waved her hands in the air to try to feel around where the figure was. "Are you spying?" She asked whoever was there. Regardless of the answer, her attention would once again shift to the mission at hand. "Oh! Right! Onward!" She exclaimed, skipping towards the edge of the forest as if she hadn't just figured out that someone extra was trying to tag along.

6A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:24 am

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
Jet couldn’t help but smile at the faunus’ general enthusiasm. He was glad she remembered him, pretty girls remembering him was always nice. Her habit of not wearing shoes was a pretty peculiar quirk, but it somehow fit her just as much as the reason she used. The way she said it, it was like it was something obvious, making the sunglasses wearing guy chuckle a bit. She didn’t even say anything about the cold and Jet could guess it wasn’t that she ignored the question, just that to her, it was probably as obvious as the no-shoe question. That was profoundly adorable to him. From the little Jet knew of her, he found that she had a very unique personality that would look out of place on anyone else.

Back to work though. Jet was glad the target was known, it should be quick enough to find a Deathstalker in the forest. They usually leave quite a trail considering their size. Still, while it wasn’t his first Deathstalker and wouldn’t be the last, they were usually a pain to fight because they were just soooo resistant to damage, with bone armor covering most of their body. At least they weren’t too fast so they were manageable.

Their third partner arrived in the middle of his thoughts. He nodded to him and was about to present himself when the newcomer started talking first. It made Jet laugh. It was a silly thing to say and Noire’s reaction to the compliment was cute, dismissing it as a joke. It was obviously not. Jet laughed even more at the comment that he too wouldn’t be carried back should he decide to remove his boots… But why the hell would he do that? He’s cold enough and can already feel his socks absorbing water from the small amount of snow that got in his footwear; he’s not going to remove them even if he was paid some lien for it… a big amount maybe.

Well don’t worry I don’t plan to remove them! They’re comfy and warm. I am a bit sad I won’t get a piggy back though, that sounded fun!” Turning to Noire, he smiled, slightly flirty in his voice. “I don’t mind the extra weight if you want a ride though.”  With a back glance at the masked guy, Jet couldn’t help but add some more. “And that goes for you too mystery masked-man! You may refuse to carry me, but I’ll gladly carry you!” Jet then smirked at Noire before she started walking toward the forest.

When the faunus suddenly stopped and sniffed the air, the black haired man raised an eyebrow, wondering what that was about. He had missed the condensed breath Noire had spotted, but he did see another one after that, now that he was looking straight that way. There was someone there, breathing obviously, and that someone was invisible. They were still within the school borders and so he didn’t think they were in any danger of being attacked by someone, but there was no shame in being alert. Jet was ready to uncoil Drachenrüken at the first sign of aggression, but was somewhat stunned by the ram faunus quick dismissal of it, moving toward the forest. Jet shrugged and started following.

7A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:39 am

Crimson Waters

Crimson Waters
Crimson thought to himself this is going to get me killed. The way Jet was ready to grab his weapon at a seconds heartbeat was scary. They can already see my breath  its only a matter of time before one of them draws their weapon and starts beating on me where my breath is coming from. Crimson sighed and thought to himself well I mean I might be killed by the death stalker too I would rather prefer to not be killed by the others first but I could just wait and see it seems like they have forgotten about me but I don't think ill risk it for a couple more minutes.

He didn't even know the location of where they were going just followed along, so stupid, crimson criticised himself but that would be another upside to telling them im here ill actually know where im going which is good to know in combat scenarios. He wasn't worried about the cold either as he had put on 2 jumpers a t shirt earlier and was wearing his coat so he was nice and ward apart from his face which felt all tingly from the cold but wanted to give the poor barefooted girl his socks and shoes cause how could she not be cold standing bare footed?. He also wanted to get to know everyone's aura and weapon as he could talk to as those sort of things interested him too. He loved learning about al the different possibilities of aura there was but that will have to wait first.

Crimson wasn't afraid of the fact they were fighting the death stalker even though he hadn't fought one he felt pretty confident he could handle it. He had read all about them and other grimm in his free time so he knew their weak spots I mean I know the death stalker has weak spots at the tail and in the eyes as no armour is protecting it there and the head is weak if a powerful enough attack struck it. There was the upside that at least if I revealed myself now then I could possibly make some more friends. But would they be angry?. Every possible scenario went through Crimsons head whelp it's decided then he thought. Crimson walked up to the group of 3 revealing his footprints in the snow and letting them know exactly where his breath was.

Crimson willed the invisibility to be off and standing right in front of them revealed himself to them and he was invisible no more. "hey guys im sorry if this is spying or breaking the rules or what ever but I thought I could tag along I wanna help you guys fight a death stalker. I have always wanted to fight Grimm since I was young so the first hunt I saw that started I hopped on and joined the ride. Please don't be angry at me im sorry if I scared or startled you all in any way" Crimson held his sword in his hand. "oh by the way it anyone finding it weird that she has no shoes on in the cold? or is it just me?" Crimson nods towards noire, he brushed his hair to get some of the snow out. "my name is crimson by the way crimson waters".

Last edited by crimson waters on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

8A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:39 am

Kei

Kei

Kei

"No not really, I'm dead serious. I'm not carrying anyone." Kei simply said when the female fauness assumed what he was saying to be a joke. He knew she was talking about the part in which he had mentioned 'attractive', but decided to just roll along with what he was saying.
"If it makes you feel any better," Kei said in a voice completely deadpan and opposite of the female fauness's enthusiasm, "We can just go with the whole 'It not you, it's me' thing. Honestly it doesn't matter to me."

The guy with the sunglasses seemed jokingly disappointed at the no piggy back ride from Kei and even turned the offer around to both Kei and the female fauness.
"I'll have to pass for now. You should too female fauness," Kei said casually, briefly referring to the female fauness as female fauness because he didn't know her name, then returned to guy with sunglasses's offer, "You see, there are tons of crazy stories out there of the dangers when meeting with someone for the first time who is trying to give you a piggy back ride. Now listen, I'm not saying you look sketchy or anything like that, but you know, just being on the safe side."

Kei raised an eyebrow as the female fauness suddenly seemed confused, calling out for someone to reveal themselves as if someone was spying on them. Before he could question anything though, a fourth person suddenly revealed themselves out of thin air. This caught Kei a bit off guard, mostly because he wasn't expecting this to happen. He wasn't really paying much attention to his surroundings after all.

Kei took quick note of the newcomer, a red hair guy with a katana. More importantly though, Kei was trying to figure out if he had some kind of device on him that led to him visibly hiding his presence, but he couldn't make out anything that looked similar to a cloaking device. An ability perhaps? He wasn't entirely sure.

The red hair guy went on to explain his own situation and how he wanted to help with their hunt. To be honest, Kei didn't really care too much on the spying part or the wanting to join their hunt. Of course Kei wouldn't say this to red haired guy, but he would instead mess with him. Not that Kei was doing this to be mean or anything, this was just how he humored himself.

"Hey," Kei said casually pretending to ignore the offer for a hunt, "You know stalking a serious crime right? Like I heard you can get in some serious trouble if you're caught doing anything of that nature. You know how it is, people with their whole invasion of privacy thing. Don't worry though. I'm not that sensitive of a person though. When we get back, buy me a drink or two or even maybe five and I'll just forget about this whole illegal act you committed right here."

Kei knew he was over exaggerating when he brought up the whole spying thing being illegal, but hey, if he could get a free drink out of it, all was good in his books.

Mood: Casual

Damage, Health, Aura:

9A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Deathstalker

Deathstalker
The cold. It was so cold in the woods and the Deathstalker hated it. It didn't full understand why each year its territory was blanketed in the same cold, white frost. Only that it hated it each year and that it could never find a way to stay warm. The once warm ground beneath it belly now irritated it each time it crosses over a bush or foliage with the cold white snow on it. Even it once toasty warm cave was no longer safe from the cold thanks to the frigid wind that howled through it. Now the only thing it found that could warm itself with was the hunt! The hunt on the tasty human and their warm villages and towns.

Once again, it found itself unable to rest in the cold night air. It wanted to be warm, IT needed to be warm! So once more it sets out to hunt for it pry. It had already found a few prays this night. Some fools who venture too far into the wood for what ever their fool's errand was. Yet, it wasn't enough, not yet. It's the distance the Deathstalker could hear something. It next pray for the night? Releasing a chilling screech into the night sky, it turns and hurry toward the sounds. It could not fight off the cold wet snow from its territory, but it could easily remove any other form of trespasses.

It wouldn't take the Deathstalker long before it spotted the source of the sound coming from four new meatbags. These meatbags dare to enter its territory!? With the cold already fanning the flame of the beast rage it wasted little time before attacking. Bursting from the trees to the right side of the group the Deathstalker took one heavy swing at the group with its right pincers horizontally. Its goal was to take all four out with one attack and then feed on whatever fear the meatbags left it behind.

Spoiler:

10A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:06 pm

Noire

Noire
VIP
VIP
"Is it really that weird?" Noire wondered out loud when the newcomer spoke. She raised one of her feet slightly and looked at it with a small frown. She wiggled her toes. Everything was fine, despite the cold. Oh well. She shrugged and kept walking forward with a spring in her step. They would arrive at the edge of the forest soon enough, heading towards the direction of their assigned hunt. "Deathstalker! Deathstalker! Deathstalker!" she chanted with excitement. The young girl looked at her scroll and realized that they were approaching the right location. She tucked it away and turned her eyes to her immediate surroundings.

Even in the darkness - or rather, especially in the darkness - her vision was sharp. She was able to see details surprisingly well. It was useful in situations like this one. She wrapped a hand around the hilt of her sword as she moved forward, expecting the Deathstalker to appear at any moment. She turned to the three boys. "We're here," she whispered. However, it was already too late for them to be quiet. The Deathstalker had already sensed them, heard them. Noire's ears twitched slightly. She heard several sets of feet crunching through the snow. Several trees collapsed as the Grimm approached the small group of hunters-in-training.

Immediately, it swung one of its pincers towards them. The limb looked heavy and powerful. It could probably lay waste to the entire forest if it wanted to. Noire leaped backwards several meters, enough to get out of the thing's way. It had been a while since she had hunted Grimm, but she supposed it was one of those things that was nearly impossible to forget. Fighting was ingrained into her muscle memory. She drew her sword, holding the hilt with both hands. She quickly grabbed one of the vials of wind dust from her belt and in one swift motion, slipped it into the hilt of her blade. However, it would remain inactive for now.

Young and small as she was, she still wielded her weapon with surprising ease. Her eyes were locked onto the Grimm, an innocent smile still on her features. Standing where she was, she swung her blade. However, as it danced through the air, half of it seemed to disappear. If one looked closely enough, they would be able to see the thin, black line in the air where the blade disappeared. Noire had activated her semblance in the blink of an eye - a set of two portals. The other one, where the blade exited, appeared beneath the Deathstalker, towards the end of its torso. It would let her blade clash against its unguarded stomach. She swung the blade with surprising force, dragging it along the creature's stomach.

Without closing either portal, she swung her blade four times in total. The white haired girl still kept her distance, but remained ready to move if it decided to counterattack. After the fourth strike, she would draw back her blade and close both portals. She would remain on guard, in case the others needed her help or in case she needed to dodge another incoming attack.

Current Status:

OOC: How much HP does the Deathstalker have? Also, I'm not 100% sure how to calculate damage/aura expense and stuff, so please bear with me!

Last edited by Noire on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

11A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:40 pm

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
The group had entered the forest following their current de facto leader for this hunt. Or well she was leading them in the forest so that’s how Jet saw it, it’s not like there was actually any leader in a hunt unless the group agreed on it or someone took the role. In this case Noire seemed to be calling the shots so Jet was willing to let her lead. Her chanting of their target’s name was pretty cute too. As they walked he thought he’d answer her question. “Well if you don’t feel or don’t mind the cold on your feet, that’s unusual but actually pretty cool. But if you’re actually freezing yet still won’t cover your feet then it is a bit weird yeah.”

Turning to the people following them, Jet addressed the new guy. The way he talked he sounded inexperienced but who knows, maybe he was still a good fighter. The masked-guy’s comment on the stalking wasn’t actually out of place but it was a bit exaggerated. Jet was actually about to reprimand the guy for going too far but when he turned it into a bribe he couldn’t help but laugh. Of course he wasn’t serious, might as well join in the fun. Slipping an arm over the redhead’s shoulder, Jet took a joking voice, though his was much more obvious than the other guy. “He’s right you know. But I agree, a drink would probably help in forgetting about everything.” With a laugh Jet stepped back. “We’re only joking don’t worry… or at least I am no idea about him. But you probably shouldn’t walk around invisible like that, it is a bit creepy. Better just ask people to join instead of stalking them.”

There wasn’t much more time to say more since Noire mentioned that they arrived at their destination. At the rapidly incoming noise that he started to hear almost as soon as the ram faunus talked, Jet readied his weapon by releasing a meter of his weapon, spinning it at his side to keep a steady momentum. The trees were breaking and it was obvious from where the Grimm was coming from and where it was now. And it was a big one, a pretty darn big one. Jet saw Noire jump backward but Jet went sideway instead. Midair, he spun to face the pincer he had just dodged and threw his blade-whip at it releasing more of its length, trying to catch the scorpion’s oversized limb with it. Not letting it coil around the pincer completely though, he immediately reeled in the chain in after it did a full turn but before it was too tight, making the blades bite back in the Grimm’s shell and body as it slides quickly back, cutting like a chainsaw. Jet was holding on a tree behind him so he wouldn’t be pulled toward the Grimm instead and when the chain was completely reeled back around his gauntlet he started running toward the creature’s back. There was four of them and one of it, there was no way it could cover all its sides. As he was running, he slashed twice at the scorpion’s legs, both to try and hurt it a bit more but also to keep it distracted of the others that would also soon be charging in if they hadn’t already.

Battle Stuff:

12A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Crimson Waters

Crimson Waters
Crimson laughed at how carefree Noire was and wished he could be like that sometimes and that if wondered how she knew he was their before just by smelling the air but then again she might have been a faunus such as a fox or dog? crim thought to himself which would explain the good sense of smell but she had horns on her head so that crossed those to animals of the list which just left Crimson wondering. He wondered as well how long it would take to find the deathstalker as it looked like it was no where in sight.

Crimson went invisible using his aura again and pushed Kei hard enough to make him wobble but not fall over and re appeared in front of him "hows that for personal space?", he said sarcasticly and "and besides if it was illegal im sure i'd get away with it" he said in a jokingly way and smirked "you do realise cause im new I have no lien right? and besides im not a drinker anyway wouldn't touch the stuff".

Crimson heard some rustling noise coming from the bushes but took no notice of it and
right at that moment the claw of the beast flew towards them and Crimson drew his katana stood in a samurai swordsman pose then ran under the claw putting one hand on his blade in the middle and running the sword vertically under the claw sparks flew off then went invisible and threw the sword into the eye of the beast which became visible again and he ran towards it and pulled the sword out of its eye and climbed on top of the head of the beast and spun the sword to clean the small amount of blood of of it and stabbed the sword into the other eye then puled it out and plunged the sword into the head of the beast then jumped off still invisible and ran behind the creature.

Last edited by crimson waters on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total

13A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:03 am

Kei

Kei

Kei

"Again. I'm dead serious. Kei said in response to what the dude with the sunglasses told the red haired guy.

Kei raised an eye brow when the red haired guy suddenly turned invisible again, Kei had absolutely no idea what he was trying to accomplish. To Kei's surprise, the red haired guy suddenly turned visible again and pushed Kei. Kei had to take a step back to regain his balance. This kinda ticked him off.

"Oh? You want to bring personal space into this now?" Kei said angrily, taking a step back toward the red haired guy, ignoring the rest of what he said, "I'll show you the meaning of personal space!"

It didn't progress much further then that though, when suddenly the female faunus chanted Deathstalker. Honestly, Kei wasn't really sure what he was supposed to say to that. She was far too enthusiastic for Kei, just listening to her was tiring him out. As if on cue of what the female faunus said, A large Deathstalker came bursting through the treeline, going right for the four of them.

Kei aimed his right arm up at a sturdy tree branch above and fired the mini harpoon launcher under his right wrist. The harpoon launched out of it and dug itself into the tree branch above. The wire mechanism in the launcher began to reel in the wire connected the harpoon and as a result, Kei was pulled up towards the tree branch out of the way of the Deathstalker attack.

Kei flipped his body around so that when he reached the bottom of the tree branch, he reached it feet first and would be upside down. Landing firmly feet first on the bottom of the branch, Kei yanked out harpoon out of the wood with his right hand. Before gravity would cause him to fall, Kei kicked off of the branch of the tree, launching himself at the top of the Deathstalker.

Kei brought his harpoon he pulled out of tree branch earlier down onto the head of the Grimm using the harpoon as a makeshift dagger. As he did, Kei sent electricity pulsating through his hand into the harpoon, electrifying the attack.

Kei didn't leave himself open on the back of the Deathstalker and immediately after his strike, jumped off of the back of the Grimm. As he did, Kei used his left hand and grabbed one of the weighted wires from his belt and threw it at another tree branch away from the Deathstalker. The wire wrapped around the tree branch and allowed Kei to swing across the battlefield, putting distance between himself and the Deathstalker. The wire came undone around the tree branch midday through the swing and retracted back into his belt, allowing Kei to land on the ground.

Kei turned around to see how the others were doing, taking into account their abilities and skills. The female fauness seemed to know enough to use her odd ability to attack the Deathstalker's weak spot. Kei was able to make out what kind of weapon that the dude with sunglasses had. As for the red haired guy who had pushed Kei earlier, he was spamming his invisibility trick, appearing and disappearing all over the Deathstalker.

Still a bit ticked at the red haired guy, Kei put away the harpoon in his right hand back into the launcher and reached down into the snow with both hands. Kei grabbed a handful of snow and compacted it into a snowball. Concentrating, Kei was watching and studying the movements of the red haired guy, trying to figure out his movement pattern, using every hint he could, from sudden appearing sword wounds on the Deathstalker to footprints in the snow.

After a fair amount of prediction and reading, Kei threw the snowball across the battlefield at the invisible red haired guy, leaving the Deathstalker to the care of his teammates.

Mood: Analytic  
Aura: 130

Damage, Health, Aura:

14A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Deathstalker

Deathstalker
Sadly, it surprised attack didn't really have the desired effect it wanted. The Deathstalker didn't understand how, but somehow one of the meatbag had gotten under it, or at least was attacking from there. Feeling the sting of the blade along its belly[30D] the beast quickly jumped to the side away from the pain. It wasn't sure how, but it seemed the white hair meatbag had some means to attack where it wasn't looking. It would have to keep one of it's many eyes on that one, but for now there were others to deal with. One of the male meatbags had ducked, running under its claw while trying to slash at it. Thanks to the sparks off of the Deathstalker along with it jumping to the side the Deathstalker was able to anger itself to avoid the thrown sword. Instead making it bounce off its armor face plate.

Ever worst the meatbag had the nerves to try jumping onto its back like some sort of stepping stone. The Deathstalker would not allow this, but its arm sadly wasn't made to reach that far back. So instead it resorted to trashing around trying the shake the humans off its back. Using it shakes the Deathstalker manage to make all the human attack strike harmlessly along its hard shell before jumping off and once again disappearing into the darkness. Speaking of hiding one humans had apparently chosen to hide in the tree tops above it. Thanks to one of the Deathstalker many eyes it spotted the incoming attack just in time to move for the makeshift dagger would hit its shell. However, it didn't count on the sudden electrifying shock[20D] throughout its body.

These meatbag was starting to hurt it more than the cold and that only helps to make it angier more. Shaking off the slight numbness of the shock it faced the last attack from the one with the chain. The man tried to wrap his chain around the Deathstalker pincer, but this time it would have none of it! Slamming it pincer down and then back at itself, it would try counter the man main attack by tightening the chain and pulling him toward it. With the chain tightly grip it would slam it tall tail down before spinning in place. Allowing it tail to drag along the ground, destroying anything and everything in its path. As well as trying to drag the human along with it.

Spoiler:

15A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:34 am

Noire

Noire
VIP
VIP
Noire smiled happily when she felt her first attack connect with the Grimm's belly. It was always satisfying when that happened. However, soon enough, the creature realized what was happening and decided to jump out of the way. Right! She was fighting one of the smarter kinds of Grimm. The same tactic wouldn't work for too long. She would have to mix it up a bit as she went along. To her, though, that only made this whole ordeal more interesting and dare she say fun. Some of the older and more stern Huntsmen and Huntresses would probably scoff at the idea that Noire found hunts enjoyable. This was meant to be a serious job with serious risks, after all. Nevertheless, the white haired girl had never been one to agree with that perspective. Why question having fun? It confused her that some people did that.

Noire extracted her sword from the portals she had opened. She wasted no time as her companions hit the Grimm with unrelenting attacks of their own. In fact, she saw an opportunity when it was trying to throw both Jet and Crimson off of its back. She opened another portal, this time stepping through it herself. She would emerge underneath the Deathstalker, blade held upwards so that it would stab through its unguarded skin. Just as quickly, she retreated, sinking back into the portal she had just exited through. For a moment, she was concealed from everyone there, not really having a physical presence in the real world.

As Kei's attack hit, channeling electricity into the creature's body, Noire opened a portal directly below the Deathstalker's stinger, facing downward. She fell gracefully out of the portal, aiming to stab her blade against the Grimm's unarmored tail. If she managed to do so, it would tear through the tail, gravity acting on both her and her sword so that she could drag the giant sword through the Grimm's skin. As she fell through the air, Noire saw a small ball of white snow fly across the field.

She had been oblivious to the air of hostility between Crimson and Kei, zoning out entirely when the latter had purposely bumped into and almost pushed the other while they were making their way towards the Deathstalker. Therefore, the snowball flying towards Crimson confused her slightly. "Snowball fight?" She wondered out loud as she landed on the ground. She had heard of them before - a pastime that children usually enjoyed during the winter season - but she had never really participated in one. The prospect made her giggle in excitement. She tried to hold it back for the sake of the mission and to try to some off as someone more mature. It failed, however, only serving to make her look quite odd.

At that moment, the Deathstalker began to thrash angrily, slamming its tail against the ground, directly below Noire was standing. Distracted as she was, she barely had enough time to react. She opened a portal beneath her, letting herself sink into it as the ground beneath her. However, the thrashing appendage collided with the side of her shoulder. That was bound to bruise. Actually, more than that. Noire was pretty sure it was broken. Not only that, but she would now have to use her sword with one hand now. Still inside her portal, she winced in pain and let out a whine that was more because she would have to fight one-handed than from the actual pain of her injury. She would reemerge, standing several meters away from the creature, her blade resting partially on the ground so that her left arm wouldn't have to carry the entire weight while she remained idle.

Current Status:

16A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:26 pm

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
In the middle of his attacks, Jet saw the snowball fly toward the red headed guy. Jet couldn’t help but chuckle at that. Kei seemed relaxed enough about fighting such a big Deathstalker that he could even waste time starting a snowball fight in the middle of a serious fight. Of course, that got the ferrokinesist smiling mischievously, because no way in hell Jet will pass up an opportunity to join in on that! It was dumb, childish and dangerous. Therefore, it sounded like the best idea in the world. Apparently, even the idea of it by itself was dangerous enough. Thinking about it distracted him long enough to get pulled toward the Deathstalker by his weapon. Air exited his lungs as he was hit by the tail on his side, throwing him backward before the chain reached its limit and stopped him abruptly by his arm. He was glad he didn’t dislocate anything to be honest. From the corner of his eye he saw that Noire also took a hit from that sweaping tail attack. She got up but seemed to have more trouble holding her weapon so maybe she was hurt more seriously than him.

Thinking about his own situation took priority though, his weapon was somehow stuck in the pincer of the Grimm and prevented Jet from moving. That was something that could always happen and he knew that, so he did have a few fail-safe of sorts, mostly his semblance. Other option was to reel in and use the momentum to attack. He didn’t feel like staying close to the beast at the moment though so he used his semblance to gain control of the whole length of his weapon to free it. The blade-chain seemed to loosen up by itself and slide off the pincer in an unnatural motion for an inanimate object, a bit like a snake moving around. This motion didn’t stop after getting off the claw though and the tip of the weapon soared quickly toward one of the beast’s eye trying to cripple it some, again moving like a snake going in for a bite. While attacking with his semblance only wasn’t as strong as a regular attack with actual momentum, the blades still moved relatively fast regardless and Jet had the advantage of being able to alter the course of the blade with minute precision.

Once the tip hit, Jet made a downward swinging motion then activating the mechanism and reeling in the weapon. The wave motion along the chain made the tip whip back sharply at the Grimm’s head before quickly retreating back and coiling around Jet’s arm. The black haired hunter took a few steps back to gain distance before smiling again. He picked up some snow, formed a tight ball with it, glad that it was the kind of snow that actually stuck together, and threw it at Kei with all his force.

The snowball fight was on!

OOC : sorry it's a bit short x)

Battle Stuff:

17A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:11 pm

Crimson Waters

Crimson Waters
Crimson was annoyed to find that as he stabbed the creature in the head someone had thrown snow at him and wondered what the hell they were doing that for in the middle of the battle and as he stabbed the creature in the head the creature flung itself around and the snowball  had caused Crimson to loose focus and he fell off of the creature and of of the ground at this moment he decided to keep his attention focused on the creature now as the Grimm couldn't see him but noticed Kei up on the tree with snow in his hook realising it was him. Crimson saw the creature spin its tail towards him and ducked underneath it while invisible. Crimson decided to get some pay back and gathered up some snow and made some balls quickly and ran off to Kei's  position and went invisible then poured the snow down his back and ran off invisible ran off back to the Grimm who couldn't see him and he slid under the Grimm and stabbed underneath the Grimm in the stomach deep and pulled the sword out then slide out still invisible and regrouped with Jet and Noire.

status health 130/150
aura 120/150

Last edited by crimson waters on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

18A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:58 am

Kei

Kei

Kei

Kei couldn't help but be satisfied with himself as he hit the guy who kept turning invisible with a snowball. Easily the best thing he had done all day. This sort of thinking however caused Kei to be distracted and this caused his reactions to be slow. Unable to move out of the way in time, Kei got caught in the attack of the Deathstalker. Using his arms to brace the attack, Kei managed to avoid getting injured in any critical areas and his Trench Coat managed to provide some cushion to the blunt force. Kei was launched backwards, a few feet and landed tumbling through the snow.

Not pausing for a brief moment, Kei pushed off of the ground, quickly getting back onto his feet, and charged back at the Deathstalker in a large arc, moving around to the side of it. Mini-Harpoon already in his right hand, Kei released the harpoon in the left launcher and grabbed it with his left meaning he was now wielding the makeshift daggers in each hand. With his speed, it took very little time to close the distance between the side of the Deathstalker and himself. Just as he got within the attack range of the Deathstalker, Kei leaned back sharply, causing him to actually fall back on the ground. His momentum kept him sliding though, and Kei was hoping this would get him under any initial attack. As he reached the side of the Deathstalker, Kei dug his heels into the ground which stopped his sliding and same momentum that was causing him to slide forced him to his feet. Kei jumped, carrying his body right onto the Deathstalker. Kei didn't stop yet though as doing so would only leave him open for an attack, and ran across the body of the Deathstalker. As he passed through over the legs on the other side of Deathstalker, Kei made to quick slashes at the joints on two of the legs that connected the leg to the body, intending to cripple the Deathstalkers movements.

Kei kept moving forward, quickly getting away from the Death Stalker just as fast as it took for him to get to it. Kei came to a stop once he was a safe distance away, but as he did, he got hit with a snowball. Looking to see where it originated from, Kei saw that the dude in sunglasses was grinning. Before Kei could really say or do anything, the invisible guy decided to dump snow on Kei. This only led to Kei being more ticked off. Emptying the mini-harpoons in each of his hands back into their corresponding launchers, Kei reached down into the snow to and made two snowballs, one in each hand. He intended to get his revenge, but not in a way one would expect. He had something better in mind.

While the female fauness was focused on the battle and only looking at the Deathstalker, Kei threw both of the snowballs at her.

"Hey what are you guys doing?!" Kei called out, pretending to act as though Jet and Crim threw the snowballs at Noire, "Don't throw snowballs at her! That's just mean. She did nothing to deserve this."

Mood: Annoyed

Damage, Health, Aura:

19A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu May 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
((OOC : Skipping to close, been dead for a while.))

Apparently, not only the hunters were distracted by the snowballs since the Deathstalker didn't seem like it could predict or block any other attack following this. Everything hit and for a moment, Jet was sure he saw the Grimm just try to roll in a ball and cover it's head with it's pincers, as if trying to protect itself a minimum while the onslaugh stopped. But that didn't deter the hunters and it was soon dissolving in the air, signaling the end of another giant evil scorpion.

"Oooow, well that was fun, if a bit dangerous." The pain in his side was pretty overwhelming at the moment and he suspected fractured ribs. At least he was breathing ok so that was good.

Touching his tender ribs, Jet cursed as he would need to have that looked into. He saw that Noire also seemed pretty roughed up and would need medical attention too, so he walked to her and after a quick goodbye to the ninja and the invisible man, they both left for the school.

[exit to private thread with Noire]

20A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Thu May 12, 2016 3:22 pm

Crimson Waters

Crimson Waters
Crimson had several bruises on him from the fight with the deathstalker but the snowball fight was fun none of the less so it made up for it. He hoped he would do more hunts in the future as this was his first one. He could tell the others had been pretty roughed up too and Jet looked like his chest was in pain and Noire and Kei looked bad too. Crimson hoped the rest of them would be ok. Crimson sneezed a bit as he stood their in the cold his breath still showing.He groaned "I hope I don't catch a cold after this.Crimson stepped through the snow leaving his footprints slowly in pain. He didn't realise how tough his first fight was gonna be but he knew what he was getting into. He would train more to make it so he wouldn't be this injured again after a fight. Crimson waved bye to the others and left.
[crimsons exit]

21A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Empty Re: A Hunting We Will Go! [Kei/Jet] Sat May 14, 2016 2:32 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
1050 lien for Noire and Jet, 1155 for Crimson and Kei. 1500 exp each rewarded. Gm can roll ^^

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum