You are not connected. Please login or register

It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:21 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"Gaho Gaho, Gaho Gaho, Gaho Gaho," A panting voice loomed over a sleeping sloth-bear faunus, awakening him in a manner not exactly dissimilar to that of a mother attempting to awaken her lazy child before school... Richard responded in a similar way to said child, letting out a growl and bearing his claws.

The monkey had none of it though, pulling back it's middle finger with the aid of his thumb and promptly flicking the center of Richard's forehead before darting backward. With a louder growl the Sloth-Bear faunus finally rose, scraping the sleep out of his eyes. He couldn't quite remember how long he'd been sleeping for... but knowing his new companion's habits it couldn't have been more than two hours.

He snarled at the sun, seemingly at it's apex; "It's only midday isn't it... must be lunch time by now, right?"

"Gaho Gaho," The yet un-named Monkey seemed to almost nod, rubbing it's shirted stomach.

Richard sighed, stretching his arms out before himself; white claws fully extending from his finger tips. He couldn't quite find himself bothered to retract them again; leaving the fleshy tips of his fingers split open to reveal the sickle like claws.

"Go collect some dry wood, I'll prepare the food." Richard demanded of the ape.

"Gyho, Gyoh, Nyoho," He responded, slinking down to both hands and both feet as he began to race off into the woods.

Richard collapsed once more, knowing the monkey would do a good job. That would mean what, five... maybe ten more minutes of rest? He wasn't the type to pass such a thing up. He scratched his unshaven face, noting that little bristles were once again popping up on the small man's face. Despite merely taking a nap in the forest he was fully armed, as per usual. Most of his weaponry pinned to the underside of his scarf, poison elsewhere.

He reached into the satchel he had slung over his shoulder and pulled forth the food; four coconuts, four loaded potatoes ready for making, two loaded banana's ready for baking and a pot containing a stew of sorts.

...Now all he had to do was pluck up the gal to light a fire and not be totally embarrassed by his new partner.

Monkey:

Last edited by Richard Lionheart on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard frowned, rest wasn't finding him easily today. Perhaps the ape's interruptions were beginning to properly rub off on him... he seriously hoped that they weren't. He couldn't afford that monkey's weakness, he was much too kind.

The short man grumbled, propping his back further up against the tree. He drew forth a crystal of the very dust be planned to use... explosive. Such a volatile and dangerous gem. He had little idea why he had bought it in all honestly, the boy loathed flames more so than the creatures of grimm and his rowdy classmates. If only it weren't so good for cooking... the very use that perhaps cost him his home.

Ah, whatever. The short man lowered his cap to block out the sun's harsh glare. What was in the past was in the past, worrying about it took far too much effort. The short boy crossed his legs straight before him, claws still drawn as he inspected the see through crystal. He was in the middle of some very serious and in depth analysis when his stomach let out a deep growl.

He cursed the monkey's slowness, the chimp was probably overdoing it.

Molly Jones

Molly Jones
Standing against an old wizened tree, she flipped open the cover of her lighter and sparked out a small flame. Bringing it up to the cigarette in her mouth, she blocked the wind with her hand and watched the tip slowly turn red. Taking a long drag, she closed her eyes and lost herself to satisfaction, soaking in the peace before she blew the smoke back out.  

Staring up at the little she could see of sky blue, a small opening in the treetops gave her good glimpses of birds flying by. She gazed longingly after them before they disappeared, cut off by an endless sea of leafy green. Taking another puff of smoke, she gave an imaginary nod of approval to her past self. Good job, she thought, for making the decision to come here. Good peaceful spot for a little R&R.

But then a monkey darted past, and she questioned for a second what exactly was inside this cigarette she smoked. That animal was weird enough of a sight on its own, but that monkey was even clothed! Jeans, shirt and even a cap! It didn't seem to notice her as it passed, and her eyes trailed after its back. With how the branches and leaves ruffled as it passed by, at least one thing was certain - she wasn't a victim to any kind of new fangled cig. That was good news. Stubbing the cigarette to save it for later, she decided to investigate further, fueled mostly by a thought that she had nothing else better to do.  

Eventually poking out through the trees to only stumble upon the sight of another cap-wearing individual (one that reminded her much of the monkey, strangely enough), she called out to him with a puzzled expression on her face. "Yo.." said Molly, one of her cyborg arms raised in the air to greet him with. Pointing with a thumb to the forest behind her, she asked him a question. "That monkey back there, it yours? Can't say I've ever seen somebody dress up an animal like that before. "

4It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:41 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"He dresses himself, I'd never force him into such impracticable wear," Richard didn't even bother to look the newcomer in the eye yet, still fixated on the crystal before him, "I suppose his shoes have their use in combat, harder hits, but monkeys are supposed to be able to fold their feet to grab stuff. It's quite the sacrifice."

Richard finally raised his cap, dropping the crystal down into his lap, and looked to the newcomer. He had to blink a few times, unsure if he believed what he saw before him. Granted, he'd seen metal fingers a few month prior, but an eye? Both arms? A leg to. His eyes quickly returned to their usual, lazy, analytic stare however.

"He'll be back any minute if you want to get a proper look a him. He'll probably enjoy the attention," Richard shrugged, quizzical of the newcomer but knowing he could almost certainly learn more from observation. He had already supposed at one thing; her loss of body parts wasn't from a grimm attack, or at least it looked that way. Eye seemed to have been plucked far too well, that and the loss of both limbs yet surviving? It seemed a little far-fetched. He supposed she could be an android but then why not case her entire body.

Her appearance did however have a downside, due to the lack of obvious muscle tone it was difficult to judge if she was a huntress, one in training, or just someone from Bellmuse. If she wasn't it was a waste of a haircut, she'd be the first huntress he'd really seen with combat efficient hair.

The short man yawned, not even rising, he raised a hand as if to shake. At first claws were bared, admittedly on accident, but he quickly retracted them; "I'm Richard, the monkey is nameless."

5It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:25 pm

Molly Jones

Molly Jones
Richard's yawn elicited one of her own, proving to be as infectious as they were ever prone in being. Covering it with the back of her left hand, she walked over and shook his hand. "Molly Jones," she said through a second bout of yawns, rubbing her eyes as she took a seat next to him. 'So he's a faunus too, huh?' she silently thought, her interest in him piqued up just a tad notch. With those claws of his he was probably a bear-type, or at least there's a chance in him being one. Briefly wondering if she should greet a potential same-faunus, she decided in the end to only speak about it if he asked. As of now though, this male seemed to be content with life as it is.

Remembering the cigarette she had earlier saved, she dug it out and placed it between her lips once more. "Hope you don't mind," said Molly, lighting it up without waiting for a response. Still, she needed to keep a minimum amount of tact. She took the cig out and held it with her left hand instead of her normal right (where Richard was seated at), and blew the smoke out in that direction too. Watching lazily as it dispersed into the air, she decided to spark some conversation between them. As the monkey was still fresh in her mind, she chose to start out by talking about that.

"What's the story between you and that animal anyways? she asked, turning to look at Richard as she spoke. "How did you come to domesticate it like that?"

Last edited by Molly Jones on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
The metal feels pretty hard... perhaps she is an actual huntress. I don't know why a girl would need strong metal limbs for everyday life. Could be a construction worker I suppose. Ricchard hadn't even shook her hand really by the time she let go, electing to take a seat beside him. He was somewhat fine with this, bionic arms meant she could surely pack a punch at close range but the short man had preparations set. To blindly fight him in a forest would mean almost certain demise.

But when she raised one of those death sticks to her lips, pulling forth a lighter, Richard set his right hand on his right thigh (the one far from Molly) and on it's far side stuck his claws through the material and into his leg; just to keep himself distracted from the warm sparks. He looked out into the forest to, regretting his current inability to analyse this newcomer.

"I didn't train him, apparently my ex-mentor did. Probably gave him his trashy sense of clothing to, what with Gyro's capes. Only man I know who can seemingly pull off green lipstick. Regardless, showed up at my dorm and inserted himself into my life on orders from that man. He's clean at least," Richard shrugged.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, the monkey barged in from the right; grinding to a slow halt and his arms clearly heavy with dry lumber. He gave a brief nod to Molly, an annoyingly broad smirk to Richard, before setting about making a pyre of sorts for cooking.

Richard rolled his eyes; "I had him checked out, apparently he's not fully grown," He groaned, "The chimp is destined to outgrow me."

The ape already, when standing up straight, reached the short man's chin. Richard sighed, positioning the food before him in preparation to cook. He picked the clear dust crystal out of his lap.

"How much to you know about this?" He asked, holding the crystal before the pair of them; held up in his claws rather than touching his skin.

7It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Molly Jones

Molly Jones
"Green lipstick?" questioned an amused Molly, looking at him with upturned lips. "Good thing your mentor's fashion sense didn't get passed down to you, at least," she joked. Getting up and digging through her pockets, she pulled out her pack of cigarettes and walked over to the tacky monkey. Squatting down in front of it so that their eye-levels were matched, she tilted her head slightly and stared. Her expression was blank, and she spoke out to Richard without breaking her gaze. "You think it wants to learn how to smoke?"

After posing that irresponsible question, Molly turned to her side to take out her lighter. In doing so her eyes caught Richard's, attention drawn to the serious glint in his eyes. With her squatting and him sitting, she made not a single action (standing up or otherwise) to bring change to status quo. Who knows what might happen if she did? The tone in the air had changed; she felt it in her bones. Her arms were ready to transform in a moment's notice. She listened to the question he posed, especially noting how he chose to hold the crystal in his claws.

"What do you mean?" responded Molly, not bothering to hide the seriousness of her tone. Trying her best for a neutral expression, she looked him from the corner of her eyes. "It powers our machinery and lets us stay safe behind walls, behind which it instigates murders and wars against both people and Grimm alike. Some profit from these conflicts, like I once did," she said with a smile tinged by bitter sadness. Her gaze fell to the ground as she said that last bit, though she brought it back up now to meet the Sloth's. Never been one to use it in combat though, but I feel like I'll need to eventually.

"That answer your question, Richard?"

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"It answers the question certainly," Richard yawned, turning the crystal slightly, "As for the chimp taking up smoking, I don't think he's smart enough not to burn himself. Gyro taught him after all, so the ape has little in the way common sense."

The ape seemed to take at least partial exception to what Richard had said, turning and scowling at him. Even if he couldn't understand the words he'd conveyed the chimp had quickly learned to read Richard's tone of voice, alongside his once teacher's name. The monkey, having successfully erected a pyre to burn the food on, wandered over to the girl and met her gaze. It shot her a grin of sorts before it noticed something, eyes opening rather wide and smile drooping. First the beast gently took the lighter from the girl's grasp, holding it to the kindling to start the fire, before returning it unlit. Then, with little to no warning, hugging the partially robotic woman.

Muffled; "Gau, Gahu, Gau," Could be heard as the beast did so, petting her back.

At this Richard finally rose, but seeing the fire lit he kept his distance and finally tucked the explosive crystal away, "Oi Oi, Monkey! What are you doing? I was supposed to light the fire, regardless should probably let Holly or whatever go. Emotional attachment is a terrible idea in this line of work," The short man scowled, continuing his trend of being notoriously bad at remembering names.

The ape, eventually, let the woman go... for the most part. Taking her left robotic hand and gesturing back and forth to the arm and Richard. The man's brow only furrowed further.

"If she wants to talk about them she probably will in her own time, leave her be," Richard groaned, collecting the food precariously and slowly edging his way toward the fire, "Sorry, he makes friends much too easily," Richard informed Molly, "It'll probably be his downfall at some point."

Richard almost tossed the food, wrapped in tinfoil, onto the flames and very nearly split the stew out it's pot as he placed it before backing away from the fire considerably.

"If you're hungry we can probably spare a potato, he won't shut up about it if you don't take it," Richard informed her.

The ape finally released her hand, seemingly tears in his eyes as it looked up at her; "Ga-Gao...Ghua, G-gao Gao."

Molly Jones

Molly Jones
Richard.. Molly really had no clue what to think of him. Overly apathetic perhaps? Overconfident? Letting out a sigh, she fell back to sit on the ground. She had initially thought of this faunus as a comfortable, easygoing individual to be with. How wrong her judgement had been. Whether or not he felt the earlier tension was something Molly hadn't a clue about, but she for one was certainly dragged out of her peaceful, relaxing mood. Slanting her eyes with irritation, she muttered out a few choice words.

"You're a troublesome man, aren't you? And her I thought you were somebody good to relax with."

But then the chimp grasped her hand, the one with the lighter. It took her a few seconds to realize what it wanted, prior to which she was momentarily delighted at the thought of it taking the initiative to smoke. Despite what the male had said, she thought the chimp smart enough to not injure itself. It seemed intelligent enough. Besides, what's some singed fur anyways?

Molly watched as it went over to light a fire, moving an arm to pet it on the head when it was handed back to her. For the second time this day the chimp surprised her, this time with a gentle hug. Chuckling a little as she felt its soft fur, she ruffled the fur on its head. "There there, you sweet chimp. You're a pretty good companion, even if he doesn't tell you that." Richard then started shouting at it, even managing to mess up her name in the process. He did get four out of the five letters right though, so she decided to let it slide.

She watched as the chimp took hold of her arm, eyes moving to look at the recipient of its gestures. Seeing how thoroughly displeased Richard seemed to be brought some amount of amusement to her, and she gave him a wry smile. Laying down against the soft green, she decided to inquire further about something he mentioned. "I don't mind the chimp's friendliness, but I do have a question. What sort of 'work' are you involved in, exactly?" Her fingers moved to put the cigarette back in her mouth, but upon hearing the mention of food she turned sideways to face him. "A potato sounds lovely, though I'm wondering if I should say no just to see the chimp pester you about it," she said, laughing. "I'm just kidding, so don't give any scary glares. Yeah, I'll take one."

10It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:40 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"Tch, I'm always relaxed. When you're as lazy as me you can't not be," Richard grumbled lightly, dropping to the ground with a thud.

He closed his eyes, lying back, as the woman began to have a heyday playing wit the monkey. The ape was thoroughly appeased by her petting, as she dropped the chimp himself dropping onto his behind and keeping his eye on the fire.

"Eh he-he..." Richard half fake chuckled at the girl's attempted humour, lowering his hat further over his eyes to block out a sunbeam, "As for profession I'm a huntsman in training, though to have a true profession seems like way too much effort. I just want the title to scare people off, rest in a forest side village for the rest of my days."

Richard shrugged, "Well, that's the plan anyway. Even that seems like far too much effort... What about you?"

Richard rose into a kind of half laying position, propped up by his elbows as he looked over to the girl; "Parts like those are rather useful in certain professions; building and mining for example. Though hunting suits them even better, depending how they're built I suppose... either way probably more useful than fleshy appendages." The short man yawned once more, "Well, regardless, seems useful and as though there would be a story to them... whether or not you want to share that's up to you... though I doubt it were Grimm. Eye seems too cleanly removed, and to only loose three seems... strange should say a beowulf get you. They'd just kill you, not bother with toying."

Richard yawned louder, completely breaking the tension he had created. He noted the chimp's mild glare at him, as if willing him to shut up and apologize. He sighed; "Meh, perhaps in hindsight I am troublesome. Forget I said anything. Food should be done soon."

11It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:36 am

Molly Jones

Molly Jones
"Me, huh?" was Molly's initial response. Laying back down, she raised her right arm into the air. Her eyes traced down the length of it, a sight that's now as familiar to her as her own reflection. Other than her necklace, these cyborg parts were the only other memento she had of her parents. Back then, her limbs were wasting away, broken beyond use, having need be amputated for risk of affecting her future health.

She still remembers the shock she felt when waking up in that hospital bed. The first thought that struck her was that something felt wrong. Gazing around the room, she wasn’t exactly what time it was, though the somberness and darkness all around made it feel like a few hours past midnight. Moonlight seeped into the room through a crack in the window’s blinds, illuminating the room palely and ghastly.

Only then did she notice that all but one of her limbs were gone. A scream leaped out from her mouth.

"They're deadlier than they used to be, these limbs. Pa and Ma gave them to me after I fell victim to.. after I met an unfortunate incident."

A wide-eyed nurse came rushing into the room, slamming the door open. The screaming stopped. Her patient stared like a deer in headlight. She started scurrying away, pushing against the bed with her one leg. The nurse shouted for her to stop, reaching out with her hand. ‘Please, calm down!’ she screamed.

”I’m a faunus, you see,” said Molly, flicking her used cigarette into the fire. Lighting up another one, she took a puff before continuing. ”A group of bastards chased me down as a kid. Faunus haters. They hated my limbs. One of them was wielding an axe, and I still remember the instant it sliced my flesh.” Sitting up, she placed her palm lightly on the surface of her metal leg. ”What used to be flesh, at least. It took until the third swing before I fell unconscious.”

The scrawny girl fell off the bed, hitting the ground with a heavy thud. The nurse quickly ran around the bed, fearful of her patient sustaining even more injuries. Molly was burying herself into a corner, wailing and choking on tears.

”My arms got infected, so the doctors had to get rid of those too. Left eye got wasted in the ruckus as well.” Letting out a sigh, she took yet another puff as her eyes stared aimlessly at a sprawling mess of green. ”I don’t normally tell people any of this, and most don’t even know I’m a faunus. Keep your mouth zipped, alright Rich?"

12It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:46 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard shrugged, "Got no reason to unzip it right now do I? Give me a reason I might, but don't push me and I'll have no reason to push back,"" Richard shrugged, laying down properly flat, "First time I've really seen the effects of faunus abuse first hand, seen one abuser in my time but she... she was a bit of a coward it would seem."

The Short man let out a sudden breath of air, stopping a small falling leaf from landing on him. He proceeded to sigh, raising his right hand and unveiling his claws; "Take it you had something like this then? Claws of some kind... makes sense if they went for the arms, though I suppose maybe they could have removed a tail or something less obvious."

The bone white sickle shaped sloth bear claws emerged from the very center of his fingertips, dull but large. Good for plucking and scratching but not so much for piercing. Sizable enough to be sharpened he supposed.

"Take it you'll be from the Academy then, I ponder-

"G-Gaou Gau..." The ape, having caught the rather down look in the girl's eye, had risen and wrapped it's arms around her shoulder; patting her head, "Ga-Ga-Ga-Gaou Gou Guoa..." Big tear-Filled eyes turn to Rich, lip trembling.

"Tsk, Man up monkey... I'm not hugging her, let her go."

13It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:59 am

Molly Jones

Molly Jones
Still in the same position, she continued her stare as she addressed Richard's offhand kind-of-a-threat. "Let's hope that time never comes. Would hate to get into a fight with you over it - too much trouble." Molly thought about asking regarding the girl he mentioned, but couldn't really find the will at the moment to care all too much. Too many things on her mind right now. It'll be a question for a later date, she decided.

Turning her gaze towards him as he showed off his stumpy claws, Molly gave a smirk. "I still have my claws, in a roundabout kinda way," she said, raising an arm and pointing it towards him. The metal surface of her fingers slid back, revealing the sharp blades held within. "Sharper than yours, huh?" she teased.

The chimp approached her from the back, and a momentary expression of surprise quickly gave way to a smile. With a contended sigh, she raised her left hand to place it over the chimp's, bringing it down and away from her head. She then turned around and did the same as what it did to her, petting the chimp on the head. "I still do have something like that," she said, waving her cigarette in front of the chimp's face, curious as to how it would respond. "After all, I do still have one of the legs I was born with."

14It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:52 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"May seem brutal but I would consider lopping my own off if I'm honest," Richard shrugged, "Seems as though it would be less energy in the long run, fueling ones self and never feeling tired... though I lack the funds for decent augmentation so I guess I'll stick with these limbs. That's money I could be spending on food anyway."

Richard rolled his eyes a bit at her show of sword, "Regardless, reveling your weapon without reason is a terrible idea... though you don't seem to want to come to blows, so should be fine," He conceded, running his clawed hand through his hair, "Easiest way to stay on my good side is to let me rest, so just do that and we'll be fine and dandy... unlike me and this chimp inevitably. He's going to push my buttons too hard one day."

The ape turned and stuck it's rounded pink tong out at Richard, stupid smile on it's face, before being distracted by the moving embers at the end of the cigarette, following it with it's head far more than just with it's eyes. Almost as quickly as he started however he seemed to stop, freeing himself from the woman's embrace and hobbling toward the fire; waving to Richard to come help.

Begrudgingly he begin to rise.

15It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:51 am

Molly Jones

Molly Jones
"Unlike you, I hold at least some amount of attachment to the body I was born with," she said, deciding to lay back down now that the chimp had moved away. “Shame that it didn't grab to place in its mouth,” Molly thought as she watched the chimp force Richard to rise. "I could try my hand at it, Rich," she said, giving him a thumbs up. "Cut off one of your limbs and make you like me. I've tinkered with mine long enough to have a general idea about how my parents got it to work."

While it might appear that she's joking, what Molly said wasn't entirely without truth. There was a long period of time in her past when she delved and dabbled in human experimentation. It's arguably the bit that stained her good soul the most, the weight of which she has to work hard to redeem herself from. Why she chose this course of action to take was inspired by two things - an obsession over furthering her own research, as well as prospective buyers making this a good way to pay off her family's debt.

After her release from the hospital and the prompt gift of cyborg parts by her parents, being somebody that followed in the footsteps of her parents' occupation as a mechanic/engineer, it fascinated her how they worked. Her parents decided to only teach her enough to be able to maintain her cyborg limbs (they actually were just limbs originally, not weapons) wanting her to independently pursue this art. Giving her only bits and pieces of notes and diagrams, they turned this into a sort of lifelong project for Molly. Having something to strive for after her release from the hospital helped her tremendously, aiding much in her recovery process. 

And now, she's now reached a ceiling in her research; one that could only be broken through live experimentation. Besides, there were also a few prospective buyers that would pay her some good cash for augmenting their goons. She remembered strapping the first guy down onto a metal table, pulling on some gloves and getting to work. She also remembered that he didn't last long at all, dying to bring light to a childish flaw in her process that she had overlooked. 

This continued for some time, with good progress being made. Those buyers had been delighted at the results, supplying her with people that won't be missed whenever she ran low. Eventually achieving perfect synchronization between mind and cyborg limb, her income rose exponentially, something that helped her greatly in paying back the debts her family owed. A side-achievement gained from those ruthless experiments were her bladed arms, something that she's extremely proud of. She ran away to Bellmuse for a reason, after all. She did it to redeem herself, through one way or another. For each Grimm that these blades cut down, perhaps the heavens above will toss her a small token of forgiveness. She viewed that chapter in her life as something born out of necessity - whether that be true or false was another matter entirely, but it helped much to believe that it was the former. 

Laying down as she waited for a promised potato, she spoke out to Richard. "I'll give you a discount, too. You have no idea how much a simple augment goes for on the black market these days."

Lab/On-going experiment:

16It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"Meh, I don't want to owe that kind of debt to anyone. Seems far too much effort to put in anyway, forget about it." The short man yawned slowly circling the fire, trying to look for the best way to retrieve the meal. Much longer and it would burn but... above all else he didn't want to burn himself.

He sighed in defeat, well this woman had shown him her primary combat tool... he supposed her catching a glimpse of his secondary wouldn't be too bad. She had no idea how he wielded dust...

He shot her a quick look, finding her lying down. Perhaps she wouldn't even see it. Reaching beneath his scarf and into the contraption's left side he drew forth the black sickle blade, with it's good wooden hand guard and the chain unraveling behind it. He pierced through the banana's stems with a single swing before quickly throwing them to the chimp, he began to uncover it from it's tinfoil and snack at the chocolate filled fruit.

The stew was easy enough, hook the blade around the handle and yank it out... but now for the potatoes. There was no easy way to go about this one, for potatoes... four spherical objects. He couldn't just stick the blade straight through, they'd loose their filling. With a slight growl he retracted Keyll to it's holding box beneath his scarf, rolling back his sleeves.

He drew his claws as he stared into the flames, All four were in a row... if he hooked them right he could get them all out in one swoop. Sighing he closed his eyes, raised both hands and quickly slid his hands in and out before stumbling two meters back... he found but one potato on his claws. With a slight growl he tossed it to her, reaching under his scarf he tossed her his fork to consume it with.

17It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:16 am

Molly Jones

Molly Jones
Molly let out a lazy yawn, staring up at nothing in particular. Hey eyes drifted through the sea of green, following leaves and branches as they swayed in the wind. Brief glimpses of clouds poked through in spots here and there, dotting a peaceful light blue sky. 

Soon enough, the good scent of food wafted over to where she laid. Turning over to her side, she watched as Richard begun rolling up his sleeves, missing the sight of his sickle. "Need some help with that? she called out, watching as he locked eyes with the flame. A few tense seconds passed. His claws came out. Suddenly he leaped forwards, trying his level best to secure the goods. Out came a single potato, and Molly had to hold back a laugh. Standing up, she caught the potato and fork tossed to her with ease. Deciding to help out dear old Richard, she walked over to the flame, left hand lightly tossing the potato up and catching it as it fell back down as if it were a baseball. 

Standing over the fire, she reached in with her right arm. Without a sense of touch in her cyborg parts, the flickering flames did little to make this task hard. As easily as she had caught the potato from before, Molly quickly grabbed one after the other, tossing them in the general direction of where Richard stood. She had faith in his potato-catching abilities, though the chance to see him stumble around playing hot potato wasn't exactly something she wanted to pass up either. After all three were thrown, she walked over to where the Sloth stood and sat down by his feet. 

"Thanks for the food, Rich," she said, digging in.

OOC: Guess you'll be doing the closing post ^-^ Hope that's alright with ya.

18It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Empty Re: It was a Stew-pid idea anyway (Closed) Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard sighed, the woman's augmentation seemingly aided her with the flames he so very feared. He was just glad he had retrieved one of the potatoes at least... if he hadn't and had wrecked the meal it would have been a waste of fine food. That and this person hadn't exactly got on his bad side yet so he'd try at least a tiny bit not to get one her own. Not go out of his way but... to be promised a meal and not delivered one would annoy him to no end so...

He glowered at the monkey, the beast having caught him as he watched in awe. Stalking toward it he flipped it's cap around and pulled it down to blind him briefly, couldn't exactly just hit the chimp but... had to draw the line somewhere. Couldn't just let him make a mockery of him.

He dropped down between the two with a yawn and a groan, tearing through the hot paper that surrounded the foodstuff. He couldn't be bothered with cutlery right now, hunger had gotten the best of him. He gouged his way through the meal at an impeccable rate. Only once half stopping to comment;

"Stew is in the pot if you can be bothered with it."

[And done ^^]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum