You are not connected. Please login or register

Avy's Armour Training v2.0 [Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Avy's Armour Training v2.0 [Solo] Empty Avy's Armour Training v2.0 [Solo] Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:36 am

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
"Come on, Leo. Pleeeease? It's not like I don't know how to enhance it, it's just... you know... to save time," Avery murmured on the phone, eyes panning to the door to make sure it was locked. She wouldn't be able to handle the embarrassment of her roommate walking in on her while she was asking someone for help. At the same time, it's not like she could pretend she wasn't doing just that with her older step-brother on the phone. After all, no one in the Frost household knew of her 'break out of the shell' persona after coming to Syne.

"Sorry baby girl, but that's child's play. You can figure it out yourself. Ain't got no time for that."

"But but.. you're just gonna send me the blueprint of the device. I seriously can't figure out how they fit a barrier-emitting thing on something so small. And most of these parts aren't even available in the market!"

Upgrading her guns was one thing for it was a mechanism that she herself made, but her physical armour device was way out of her league. Sure she should've just made an armour of her own, yet she didn't have enough knowledge and experience to make an armour to her liking - something small and handy that could cover the entirety of her body. And knowing her dilemma, her step-mom insisted and practically demanded that she use the V-013 and Z-013 devices the former requested the company to make exclusively for Avy. So of course she had no choice but to comply.

The reason the blonde only adorned the V-013 physical armour device though was exactly because of this scenario; she tried upgrading the Z-013 anti-dust armour right after coming to Syne and ended up destroying it.

"Do you even know what you're saying? That involves me sneaking past Atlas securities, into a vault, with lasers in it just to steal a piece of paper because the design is exclusive only for you. If you ask them yourself, they'd hand it willingly."

"Oh phooee, you know I can't do that."

"Then you have to make-do without a blueprint. Simple. Talk to you later."

"Waaait." Avery grumbled and whined biting her lip as she desperately thought of what to do. This was the relative who always spoiled her since young. Surely she could find a way to convince him. And as if on cue, an idea sparked in her mind. "I know Erika's number!"

"Nice try but that girl is ancient. We broke up long time ago." And by that he meant 2 weeks ago.

"Well, I know Jane's number."

She heard a long pause on the other side of the line which she took as a good sign. "Jane as in..."

"That cute bartender you've been creepily eyeing for years? Yes, that Jane."

"HOW?!"

"I have my ways~ Now help meeee!"

"Why do you even have her number?!"

"For this purpose obviously. Now are you gonna help me or am I gonna accidentally delete those few little digits."

"Hold it! Mgrrh.. Alright fine, you little devil. I can't steal the blueprint for you but I'll tell you what to do to upgrade it. Take a picture of the inside and send it to me."

Avery internally celebrated and grinned. "Thanks Leo~! See this is why you're my favourite brother."

"I am your only brother, stupid."

As per conversation Avery carefully undid the sleek black covering of both the choker and thigh accessory of the V-013. Sure she had done a previous upgrade of it before but that was the extent of her capabilities technological engineering concerned. Since the parts were placed in layers, she had to carefully dismantle the upper layer as well to take pictures of everything before sending the photos to Leo.

It didn't even take a minute before her phone rang and she picked it up. "Leo~"

"ALTHEA!!!" Her brother practically screamed on the phone causing her to wince and move the phone away slightly.

"E-erm. Is it that bad? I thought I did a good job with it. Hehe."

Avery winced again as the following screams and curses of a technological geek followed. She grumbled as she was admonished to death, face flushing as he continued to point out all the flaws of the work she'd done to the device and how she turned a 'genius invention' into a 'a piece of crap'.

"I'm amazed it didn't blow your head off by now!" He said finally with a sigh. After a few moments of silence, Avery continued.

"Um. Are you done?"

"Yes I'm done. Now to fix it, here's what you need to do..."

The blonde could only chuckle at her brother's antics. They may not be blood related but they both shared the same lack of temperament and short attention span.

As she needed both hands to fix the device, Avery switched to a bluetooth headset and followed Leo's instructions precisely. At first she didn't believe her upgrading of the device was as bad as he made it seem to be, but now that she was assembling it as per his instruction and learning more things along the way, she realized it was in fact, that bad.

"Wow, you weren't kidding when you said it could've blown my head off."

"I TOLD YOU!" He growled and continued his litany once again about how her upgrade increased the concentration of the barrier but ignored the shock absorption pressure that could've overwhelmed the device and cause it to implode. "You were practically walking with a bomb on your neck!"

Avery scratched her cheek and chuckled with a shrug. "That's why you're here to save the day~ My hero."

"Don't patronize me! I'm not done!"

And with that the whole day was spent rebuilding her armour device. By seven o'clock, Avery's face brightened just as she placed the covering back. It's done! Excitedly, she stood up and wore the device around her neck and thigh before taking her guns and setting it on medium firepower. Now then, let's see if it works.

She was it was stupid to try firing once gun on her own foot but there's no other way to assure the device did indeed upgrade anyway. Do or die~ Biting her lower lip, she pulled the trigger and awaited excruciating pain, only to be met with hardly a painful hit. Avery lowered and poked her foot. Wow. It wouldn't even bruise!

"Leooo! It works! Did you hear that gunshot? I shot my foot!" Avery blinked as she heard snores at the other side of the line. She chuckled and felt slightly guilty for keeping him up with something so boring. She ended the call and sent him a good night message with an attachment of her promised contact number. Just as she was about to send it, she paused and figured she wanted to give him quite the happy morning tomorrow after waking up, so she edited her message and added a line.

"If it makes you feel any better, she said you're kinda cute too. Goodnight."
____

[exit]
[1180/1000 words]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum