You are not connected. Please login or register

Night of Rain and Blood [Personal Plot]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Night of Rain and Blood [Personal Plot]  Empty Night of Rain and Blood [Personal Plot] Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Kei

Kei

Kei

(Rain for atmosphere, keep it playing)

Time: 0100, April 5th

The crackle of lightning illuminated the night sky of Bellmuse City as rain poured down. Aside from the occasional lightning, the lack of lighting in the warehouse district of Bellmuse resulted in the area veiled extreme darkness. Darkness that was the perfect cover for Kei who was currently sitting on the roof top of an apartment building, overlooking an old warehouse.

"Open up your scroll," M voiced in over the earpiece in Kei's ear, "I'm sending you a 3-D map of the warehouse now."
"Hurry up," Kei complained through the mike at her, "It's raining right now and I'm getting soaked."
"Knowing that will only want me to take longer." M replied slyly.

Kei pulled out his scroll and opened up the map, revealing a 3 story complex. A few moments later, red dots appeared on the map, dotted around the complex.

"You should be getting the dots on the map now," M spoke up, "Those are people our sensors are picking up. Looks like 15 of them. Probably safe to say they're all Exalted mercenaries.
"15..." Kei pondered for a second, "I've had worse. Any idea where the package is?
"Looks like the first floor," M said, "There's 5 of them standing around something, like they're guarding it."
"Gotchya, anything else?" Kei asked as he put his scroll away and began to tie a rope around a railing on the side of the building he was standing on.
"You have roughly 25 minutes before the pickup arrives," M replied, "It'd be in our best interest that you didn't play around."
"So a little over an episode of X-Ray and Vav," Kei said casually, "Well, wish me luck."
"I'll keep you posted on any changes. Good hunting." M ended.

With the rope securely tied around the railing, Kei dropped one end of it over the side of the building, facing the neighboring old warehouse. Gripping the rope tightly to avoid slipping in the rain, Kei began to grapple down the side of the building. Kei came to a stop down the rope when he was parallel to the third floor of the warehouse.

Across from him was a glass window which Kei was able to look through. Kei pulled out his scroll. There was a red dot coming his way. Putting his scroll away again, Kei readied himself for his entrance. A few moments later, an Exalted Mercenary with the usual green combat attire walked by the window. In that instance, Kei kicked off of the wall of the apartment complex, launching himself at the window of the warehouse. The window shattered and broke away at the weight and speed of Kei, causing a loud crashing noise. The Exalted Mercenary barely had time to react to the situation. Kei burst through the window, charging at the Exalted Mercenary with the extended hand. Kei grabbed the Mercenary around the neck and the moment he made contact, Kei sent a high voltage of electricity through his hand which instantly killed the Mercenary.

Mood: Casual
Condition: Fine
Health: 200
Aura: 150

Status, Health, Aura, Equipment Conditions:

Damage:

[OOC: Pure RP thread, ignore stats]

Kei

Kei
13 HOURS AGO

Kei

----------

Time: 1200, April 4th

It was a slow morning in Kei's apartment. As usual, he was having trouble with his business of being a Jack of All Trades. There was never any clients. It got to the point where it would be surprising if he did get any business.

And just to his surprise, there was a knock on the door.

Spending the day in only his underwear, Kei struggled to slip on pants and a shirt before rushing to the door, excitingly pulling it open to reveal who his potential clients were. To his great disappointment though, at his door stood a woman with her blonde hair tied back in back in a ponytail dressed in full black business suit who was roughly the same age as Kei. She stared with a very venomous at Kei with her blue eyes, a stare Kei was very much familiar with, a stare that only she could do. Undeniably, the Kei very much knew the person who stood at his door, a person he knew simply as M.

Kei simply returned her stare with his own. After a few moments, pretending as if no one knocked on his door in the first place, he quickly tried to close the door on her. It wasn't successful though, as M prevented the door from closing by sticking her foot in the frame, causing the door to stop at her dress shoe. Then with her right hand, M grabbed the side of door that wasn't completely closed and peeled it open. Then with her free left hand, she grabbed the handle of a rolling suitcase that sat behind her and strolled on in into Kei's apartment, pushing her way past Kei.

"I see your hospitality hasn't gotten any better." M said coldly, moving to the table in the center of Kei's apartment, lifting her suitcase and setting it on the table, "You should work on that."
"Oi oi," Kei said angrily, "I have no reason to be nice to an unwanted guest. Quit making yourself comfortable."
"Like I could get comfortable here," M scoffed, "Besides, I'm not here cause I want to be, the boss wants to talk to you."

From her suitcase, M pulled out a laptop, placing it on the table next to the suitcase. M opened up the laptop and powered it on and a few moments later, the face of an middle aged man wearing sunglasses that covered a scar that ran vertically across one of his eyes appeared on screen.

"Mr. Heiwajima." The man on the computer screen said with a slight grin, "My favorite go-to man for any job. How are you doing?"
"Much better before you showed up, Xanxus." Kei told the man on the screen, "What do you want from me?"
"Don't be so negative," Xanxus said slyly, "I've got another job for you involving that Exalted group."

Though M herself was still relatively new to Kei as he had only met her from the last job he took from them, Xanxus was a different story. Kei had known Xanxus back since his old mentor, Ul, was still around. Back then, Kei and Ul ran different jobs for Xanxus ranging from, infiltration and retrieval, to body guarding, to shipping services, and sometimes, assassinations. It wasn't ever too certain who exactly Xanxus was, but one thing that was apparent was that he was a man of great wealth. Even after Ul's passing, Xanxus still approached Kei with jobs every now and then. The most recent series of jobs however have been involving mercenary group called Exalted. The last job involved retrieving a briefcase from one of the Exalted officers, Masura. Inside the breifcase, was the location of every Exalted base as well as a list of the higher up members.

"Information recovered from that briefcase you retrieved for me in that last job revealed the location of some kind of weapon." Xanxus told Kei, "You see, I want this weapon. I don't know what it is, but it has to be something big. If it's something big, its better if I take it for myself, after all, it's better in my hands than the hands of some mercenaries."
"Right.." Kei replied unsurely, still not trusting what Xanxus's real intentions were.
"Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of time to act." Xanxus continued, "The weapon is being moved early tomorrow morning. Right now, it's being kept in a warehouse in the outskirts of the city. I need you to retrieve it tonight. It's probably going to be guarded, but I am sure it's nothing you can't deal with."
"Wait a second," Kei quickly jumped in, "I never even agreed to this job yet. Don't make it sound like I'm willing to just do something could cost me my life so casually. This isn't just some street gang we're talking about, this is what's basically a private military group. Why don't you make her do it?" Kei continued, pointing to M who only responded with an angry glare, "Doesn't she work for you or something?"
"You don't seem to understand Mr. Heiwajima," Xanxus replied, chuckling, "You're the perfect choice for this job. You have not only the capable abilities for a job like this, but you also don't hold any affiliation with any group. If I had used one of my agents and they got caught, it would be possible to trace it back to me. But you, you hardly know who I am. If you were caught, the enemy wouldn't be able to trace you back to me. Besides, you shouldn't be complaining, after all, you know how well I pay. Let's not forget your business catchphrase; 'If you've got the money, I'll do it'."

It was true. Kei knew full well that it's not like he was going unpaid. Though sad, Xanxus was the only one he was actually got work from anymore, so it's not like Kei had much choice in denying who was his only client. On top of that, Kei didn't like the Exalted. The mercenary group constantly seeks increasing their own power by gathering weapons and other means to crush anyone who stands in their way. Kei feared that it would only be a matter of time before their goals collide with the idea peace, resulting in a large conflict. The reason why Kei didn't like working for Xanxus against the Exalted was because inside, Kei felt Xanxus was the exact same way as the Exalted.

"Fine fine..." Kei sighed, "I'll take up the job."
"Very good." Xanxus said satisfied, "Agent M will fill you in on the details..."

----------

Damage:

Kei

Kei
PRESENT

Kei

Time: 0103, April 5th

“Two more are going to be coming around hallway corridor.” M said over Kei’s earpiece urgently, “Hurry up and dispatch them or The Exalted guarding the package will know you’re here.”

Kei got up off of his knees and released his grip around the Exalted mercenary he had electrified to death. Then, Kei quickly moved down the hallway, taking care to not make any unnecessary noise. He heard a couple of footsteps approaching from another hallway led into the one he was currently in. Stopping just around the corner of the wall where the two hallways intersected, Kei waited for the footsteps to get closer. The thud of each step got closer and closer, and Kei continued to wait, doing nothing that could absolutely reveal his position. He closed his eyes and held his breath, listening to the sound of the approaching footsteps.

Thut… thut… thut...

He opened his eyes once he heard the footsteps just around the corner of the wall. Kei quickly moved around the corner, and revealed himself to the two Exalted Mercs. Kei Propelled his body at full speed at both of the Exalted Mercs. Not ready for Kei sudden attack, the Exalted Mercs had no time to really react. All they could do was watch in horror and confusion as some stranger went at them with killing intent. Kei grabbed both of the Exalted Mercs by the neck, and sent a high voltage of electricity running through his hands into each of them, killing them both instantly.

“Good work.” M suddenly spoke up, “You should be in the clear for now. Continue down this hallway. You’ll reach a door at the very end of it, that’s where you’ll need to go.”

Kei didn’t respond as to not make any unnecessary noise, and continued down the hallway.

Damage:

Kei

Kei

Kei

Time: 0104, April 5th

As Kei carefully approached the doorway at the end of the hallway, M spoke up again over his earpiece.

“There’s another Exalted member right on the other side of this door. The door itself should be locked, but it looks like he’s watching over it. Take care with how you handle this.”

Kei took a deep breath, then reached the door handle, and began to shake it, acting like it was locked.
“Umm… Hey,” Kei said, knocking on the door, speaking to the guard on the other side, “My patrol goes past here, but the door is locked. I’m pretty sure it shouldn’t be. Can you unlock it from your side?”
“Yea sure,” A voice from the other side of the door said absently, “Let me try.”

Kei waited for a few moments, keeping his hand on the door knob. He then felt movement from the other side as the person on the other side began to open the door. At that moment, Kei sent electricity through his hand into the doorknob, which was made entirely out of highly conductive metal, and through the doorknob into the Exalted Merc’s hand, who was on the other side. There was a thump on the other side of the door as the Exalted Merc was killed instantly from the electricity.

Kei slid the door open briefly, peaking through the open crack to confirm the area was clear. Seeing as it was, Kei quickly made his through, passing the body of the dead, electrified mercenary.

“That was real dirty you know?” M said.
Kei didn’t reply, but continued on. Fighting fair was never a strong point of his.
“Anyways,” M continued over his earpiece, “Keep going forward. It’ll take you to the catwalks in the warehouse where the package is being kept.”

Saying nothing still, Kei kept moving.

Damage:

[OOC: Pure RP thread, ignore stats][/quote]

Kei

Kei

Kei

Time: 0106, April 5th

It wasn’t long before Kei reached a large, warehouse room. He came into the room over catwalks, which were a couple of stories up over the floor of the warehouse. The entire lighting in the entire warehouse was dim, which made it easy for Kei to conceal himself as he moved across the catwalk. Below him, shelves with various boxes and other junk filled up a majority of the warehouse’s floor space. Kei pulled out his scroll to once again check the blue print of the warehouse. According to it, the package was directly ahead.

Kei moved along the catwalks, until he saw a green crate up against the wall on the far side of the warehouse. Standing by it, stood 4 Exalted Member mercenaries, who were simply standing by around the crate.

Quietly, Kei approached the spot on the catwalk directly above. Years of experience made it possible for him to move in silent manner naturally, like he was a cat fauness. Not that he was one. He hated cats.

Standing a couple of stories above the four men, Kei reached into his into his utility belt and grabbed the weighted end of the two coils of wire on his belt with each of his hands. In one swift motion, Kei threw both ends of the wire down at the two Exalted Members standing the back. At the same time, each end of the wires wrapped around their necks. The moment it did, Kei sent electricity running through each of his hands into the wires, and then from the wires into the neck’s of the two Exalted Mercenaries. Instantly, their bodies began to fell limp. The two Exalted mercenaries who were standing in the front turned as they heard the thump of their allies who had fallen behind them. They had no time to really react though, as Kei jumped down from the catwalk, releasing the mini-harpoon from his left launcher and wielding it in his left hand as he did. Kei came down on top of one of the remaining Exalted mercenaries, knocking the man to the ground and driving the small harpoon through his neck. The last remaining one tried to raise his rifle in a panic, but was two slow as Kei pulled the harpoon out of mercenary he had just killed and whipped it around, slashing at the last one’s neck, instantly killing him as well.

Wiping the blood off his weapon, Kei loaded the mini-harpoon into its launcher and undid the weighted wires around the first two mercenaries’ necks which caused the wires to automatically retract back into his belt. Kei proceeded to the green container, unhinging the locks on the side that kept it closed. Opening the container, Kei saw metal cylinder that was two feet long and about as wide as his hand. This was definitely the package he was after, but he hadn’t the slightest idea what it was or what was inside it.

Pulling out the rope-like cable he kept on himself, Kei quickly made a makeshift strap on the cylinder by tying the cable to both ends on it, and slung it over shoulder. At this point, M spoke up over his earpiece.

“Alright,” M said, “Looks like you’ve secured the package. Hurry up and get out of there. The pickup is out back as we designated before. There aren’t any more Mercenaries in your area. Getting out shouldn’t be a problem.

Kei began to walk steadily, more relaxed as the scanners were not picking up any more Exalted Members. There was something that was bothering him though. Something that was gnawing at the mind. Like a single detail he had forgotten. As he was moving by one of the many shelves in the warehouse, it hit him.

“Wait a second.” Kei whispered urgently to M over his mic, “Didn’t you say there were 5 people around the package? I only encountered 4. The last one, where is he?”

There was no response over the earpiece for a few moments as M said nothing.

“You’re right…” M said hesitantly, “But… no… that’s impossible. Our scanners are picking up nothing. There is no one else in that room with you… Unless-“, Her hesitation stopped and suddenly M screamed over the earpiece, “Shit! Get down now!”

Kei jumped at her sudden screaming, and as he did, a massive metal blade burst out from behind the boxes behind the shelf and came swinging horizontally at him. Part instinct, part experience, and part being screamed at over the earpiece, Kei released the two mini-harpoons from the wrist launchers on each of his arms and used them both as makeshift daggers to block the incoming blade. Not being able to properly bracing himself as well as the weight of the sword, blocking only protected him from being cut in half, but did little to nothing against the force of the blow, which launched him backwards and sent him tumbling through some shelves behind him.

On his back up against a mess of boxes and crates, Kei had little time to react. A sudden ball of red and orange flames flew in his direction. Kei quickly dove away from the spot as the fireball impacted it and exploding, singeing some of his hairs.

Breathing heavily, from both adrenaline and the energy he had spent getting as far as he did, Kei watched as the person who had just attacked him revealed himself. He was a large, clearly physically strong man. He had short, black hair with a streak of white running through it. There were scars all over his body, probably a testament to all of the battles he had been through. His battle armor he wore also shared similar scars, and the black cloak he wore on his back was just as tattered. The most terrifying feature though was the sword, if it even could be called one. The blade alone was 5 feet long, and at the base of it, a foot and a half thick. It was more like a massive heap of metal than a sword. Easily several hundred pounds, the man hoisted it over his shoulder with little effort, stepping over the remains of boxes and shelves he started his surprise attack from behind.

Image:

The man said nothing, but slowly began walking towards Kei, as if he were in no rush, and feared no end.

Damage:

Kei

Kei

Kei

Time: 0110, April 5th

The Exalted man who wielded the sword suddenly began to move quickly towards Kei, closing the distance in two large strides, before bringing his massive sword down onto Kei, which burst into flames during his downward swing. Kei sidestepped the blade, but as it impacted the ground next to him, the flames burst out in an explosion, nearly knocking Kei off of his feet. Maintaining his balance, Kei moved in closer to his opponent and did a cross shaped slash on him with the harpoons in each of his hands. It did little to nothing, as the large swordsman stepped back, swinging his massive sword at Kei with little effort. As large as the attack range was, simply stepping back wouldn’t work, and Kei had to duck in order to dodge the blade.

“That’s Von the Havocker.” M spoke up urgently, “You can’t win against him. Not like this. You need to get out of there.”

Kei couldn’t respond though, as he was too busy avoiding getting hit by the massive, flaming blade that was Von’s. It was large, giving it ridiculous reach, making it difficult to dodge. Yet at the same time, the blade not only heavy being swung with immense force that would launch him even if he did block it, but the flames would also burn him. Sidestepping another swing, Kei continued trying to slash at Von, but the larger swordsman was just as good at dodging as Kei.

Von changed the direction of the battle as he gripped the handle of his blade with both of his and slammed the tip of the sword into the ground directly in front of him. Instinctively knowing what was about to happen, Kei leaped back, narrowly avoiding the blade and the large flame explosion that followed. Kei then turned and broke into a sprint, quickly navigating the around the maze of shelves and crates in the warehouse.

Behind him, Von launched several more waves of red orange flames that exploded on contact with the walls, shelves, and whatever else they impacted, quickly setting flame to its targets. Kei reached down and grabbed one of the weighted ends of the wire on his belt, throwing it at one of the catwalks directly above him. The wire wrapped around one of the railings on the catwalk and the automatic retracting system began to quickly hoist himself up. Kei flipped over the railing as the wire came loose, fully retracting into his belt. As he did, Kei aimed his left fist at Von who was down below on the factory floor, and fired all 2 rockets in his left wrist launcher. Von was quick though, striking down both of the rockets with a single swing of his massive blade. The rockets exploded on contact, but did little to nothing due to the size of the blade.

Von did a quick follow up swing after blocking the two rockets, and as he did, released a massive flame wave at Kei up on the catwalks. Kei jumped over the side of the catwalk, rolling to brace the impact of the ground several stories down. Above him, the flame wave struck the catwalk, exploding on contact and blasting the metal walkway apart. The destruction of the catwalk rained down flaming, metal debris onto Kei, which he had to dive to avoid. This left Kei open though, and another flame wave was sent flying into his direction. On the ground with no time to move, all Kei could do was brace himself for the attack.

The flame wave struck him directly, engulfing him in a fiery explosion, which sent him flying backwards into one of the walls of the warehouse. Kei fell to the ground, a sharp, hot pain wracked his entire body and the heat was blinding him. The right sleeve of this Kevlar lined trench coat was gone, blasted off by the explosion, revealing burns all across his right arm. Coughing from smoke in his lungs, Kei struggled to get back onto his feet. Approaching at a steady pace, walking through the flames of the catwalk debris was Von, who appeared unscathed. Behind him, the majority of the warehouse was on fire. It was a truly frightening, yet glorious sight.

“Hey…” Kei coughed over his microphone to M, “If I could... get some kind of back up… that’d be nice.”
“We’re not supposed to intervene.” M said sternly, pausing for a moment after, “But… but, I’ll see what I can do. Hold out until then. Get out if you can.”

Kei sighed. He didn’t think he could hold out for much longer. Escaping was his only choice. He didn’t have much he could use against Von. Kei didn’t try it yet, but he had a feeling dust fire would be completely dead. Rockets didn’t seem to do much against Von either. His two harpoons lacked efficient reach, and his mobility was severely limited to the flames consuming the interior of a majority of the factory.

Kei shook his head, he wasn’t thinking effectively. Two rockets in his left launcher. Four in his right. All dust vials ready. Weighted coil wires ready. Harpoons in each hand. Right sleeve of his coat was gone. Mobility? Near useless.

Kei couldn’t help but remember what his old teacher once told him; ‘a fight where you have the advantages isn’t a fight at all. It’s too easy to be called a fight. It’s only once you are the one with all the advantages against you it really becomes a fight.’

Clenching his harpoon-daggers, Kei couldn’t but grin to himself. This was one hell of a fight.

Damage:

Last edited by Kei on Wed May 11, 2016 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kei

Kei

Kei

Time: 0112, April 5th

Sweat dripping down from the heat of flames, Kei stood ready as Von slowly approached him, the larger swordsman was walking through the flames unscathed, like he were force that was completely unstoppable. Against something like this, it was hard to be the first one to attack. It was fighting basic instinct.

Kei charged though, knowing full well that he had a shorter attack range. He had to get the edge; the only way he could keep up was getting in close. Von swung his blade at Kei in the midst of his charge. Dropping backward, Kei slid under the blade, and quickly forced himself for ward back onto his feet. Kei began to circle Von trying to get around him as well as close the distance between the two. Kei continued to slash at the larger swordsman relentlessly with the two mini-harpoons in each of his hands. All Von was do was step back and use his blade to black. Kei would not give him any room to attack. Even if it meant stepping through flames, Kei stayed right on Von, not giving him any space to do anything. The heat of the fire inside of the building that was all around him was burning his face. Smoke was blinding his eyes and making it hard to breathe. Kei completely pushed all these thoughts aside though. All he thought about was the fight right in front of him. That’s all he could do. It’s what he had to do.

Kei thought he had done it as he had Von completely on the defensive. The thought quickly ended though, as Kei went to stab Von, Von reached out with his right hand, causing the harpoon-dagger to go right through his own hand. Kei quickly realized Von’s intentions, but by then, it was too late. With his impaled hand, Von grabbed Kei’s had that was holding the weapon that had done the impaling. Von swung his arm around, tossing Kei off to the side with little effort. As he did, Von brought his massive blade around, striking at Kei while he was in the air.

Kei couldn’t dodge the attack; he didn’t have the option to properly block it. The blade struck him right in the side, exploding in flames on contact. The direct, powerful hit launched Kei across the flaming warehouse. Kei slammed into a damaged, flaming wall which gave away under his body force, causing Kei to break through it. He tumbled into an alleyway behind the flaming warehouse. Kei coughed up blood, and as he did, a sharp pain exploded in his ribs. It was clear to him he had a few broken ribs from that attack, and he had severe internal bleeding. It was hard to tell how badly though from the outside. The explosion had blasted away much of the Kevlar trench coat that covered his left rib cage. All that remained was severely, red and black burnt skin, which smelled absolutely horrid. There were black spots in his vision as he struggled to stand up. Through the hole in the wall, Kei saw Von’s silhouette amongst the flames of the warehouse. Von the Havocker was a very appropriate name for him.

“Kei, I see you’re outside of the Warehouse right now.” M suddenly spoke up, “Good timing. Stay put. You’re getting the backup you wanted.”

A few moments later, the roar of a smart rocket echoed across the district and a quick, bright flash, soared through the sky, flying right into one of the windows of the warehouse. There was a large explosion, the force of which knocked Kei off of his feet. Debris and flames were sent everywhere, raining across the entire warehouse district. The warehouse began to collapse on itself, and was quickly reduced to flaming rubble. To his near infinite relief, Kei didn’t see Von after that.

A black car quickly served around the corner and pulled up to Kei. A side door of the car opened up to reveal Agent M as the driver.

“Look at you.” She scoffed, “An absolute mess. At least you have the package though. Hurry up and get in. Exalted Reinforcements will be here in a couple of minutes. We need to get out of here.”

Kei didn’t respond as each breath was already painful enough. Struggling, Kei made his way into the car, and laid back in the seat. Closing his eyes, his eyes feeling heavy for some reason, Kei couldn't deny the fact this was one of the worse jobs he had ever gotten.

Damage:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum