You are not connected. Please login or register

Risk of Rain (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Risk of Rain (Open) Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:05 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren gave a heavy sigh as he took off his jacket, draping it across the chair he was seated at, water dripping from his hair, clothes... Just about everything, really. He stared out at the rain for a moment, dozing off long enough for the waitress to come by, bringing him the hot drink he'd ordered. It just had to rain today of all days, didn't it? It'd been a free day, a day without any classes, and Warren had felt just a little cooped up inside the castle that made Syne Academy, so he'd decided he'd have a day out in the town. See the sights, maybe shop a little, and other touristy kinds of things. Of course, then it started raining. Rather heavily too.

He'd taken shelter at a nearby cafe, though he had to be seated outdoors, under a patio, since all the seats had already been taken up inside, likely by others seeking shelter from the rain just like he was. Still, he'd take the outdoors patio over simply getting drenched just about any day. He took a sip of the drink he ordered as he stared out at the sidewalk. It was some kind of tea, or something. Warren hadn't really paid much attention to what he'd ordered, and honestly, just about all tea tasted the same to him too. Still, it was all... kind of relaxing in its own way. Maybe today wasn't so bad after all.

2Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:57 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

Spoiler:

While Liona for the most part enjoyed the learning experience, The occasional day off was nothing to sneeze at. Today, she had chosen to spend it with some casual window shopping at the central square of Bellmuse. She had an outfit to reflect as much, with a white sleeveless floral print blouse and a knee length orange skirt. The day was nice, warm but cool enough to let you know that summer had all but reached its end. It was quite the relaxing feeling to have, the perfect day to be out and about. or at least, that's what she had thought.

Almost as soon as she had stepped into the town square, drops of rain started to pour, Slowly at first, but before she knew it, Liona was getting totally drenched. She shrieked at the sudden cold water, and ducked into the nearest shelter, the patio of a local Cafe. Naturally, she would have rather not dealt with rain if she could help it. Much unlike the common stereo type for the Cat faunus, Lio did not have too much of a problem with water. That didn't mean she liked it, but she didn't dislike it either. Though she definitely disliked suddenly getting soaked by rain coming out of the blue, but then again, who would enjoy that?

Well, she was already here and since the rain did not seem to want to let up any time soon, the blonde huntress in training decided that it was probably a good idea to get some food. Sitting in the nearest set table, Liona looked through the menu before settling on a large chocolate parfait. Fudge on top of cookies on top of pudding on brownie on pudding, just the picture alone looked great. She waved at the waitress (Faunus, to the girl's admitted relief), and placed her order.

That was when she saw him. He wasn't wearing that armor he always had on, but Liona remembered Warren's face from a class they had together, in fact it was the class they didn't have today. Unintentionally, no really, her face turned into a glare as she stared at him. Why was he always around?

I won't live in a shadow

3Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Sidono Carref

Sidono Carref
Sidono walked into the café drenched by the rain, but he didn't care about it. In fact he enjoyed the rain very much, it seemed to calm him down quite a bit. He put down his hoodie and his ears popped out and started twitching to get the water off them. He then walked up to the counter and ordered a coffee and some chocolate, his favorite snack combination. As he was waiting he then noticed that he wasn't the only faunus in there, which was a relief to him. He did notice a few people from one of his classes but he really didn't bother remembering their names. He was never good at putting names with faces, after what seemed like forever his order finally arrived. He then took them both in one hand, paid for it, and sat down at the nearest free seat. Which was outside considering quite a few people tried to get out of the rain.

4Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:45 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren continued to idly watch the rain, simply letting the sound of the rain hitting the ground soothe him as ruffles his hair, attempting to dry it out somewhat. He glanced over every now and then at the people coming and going, mostly coming, and letting the time idle away.

One person in particular though made Warren do a double take. He stared at girl's back for a moment, as she got ready to seat herself down, trying to confirm that it was, in fact, who he thought she was. A slight turn of her head as she sat down confirmed that it was indeed who he thought she was. What the hell was Liona doing here?

Warren quickly forced himself to turn back to staring ahead as the faunus girl turned to speak to a waiter and order something. He did his best to simply ignore her, focusing on the street, and the shops across the way. Even still, despite his best efforts, he could not help but glance at her out of the corner of his eye every once in a while. He gave a sigh as he noticed her glaring at him. Well... The feeling was mutual he supposed.

"You know..." Warren ventured forth, turning his head slightly towards Liona. "It's considered rude to stare."

5Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:51 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

Liona didn't really pay much attention to the people walking in and out of the already populated cafe as she continued to stare at Warren, trying to process how he insisted to be everywhere she went. They had at least met many more times than Liona would have liked. Her thoughts were interrupted though, when she was discovered by the guy. He informed her that it was rude to stare, the nerve! Of course, yeah he was right, but that made it no less annoying! ...And embarrassing, so embarrassing. Her face turned beet red at being caught and she immediately turned away, irritation on her face and eyes closed, wishing she could disappear, despite the aura of confidence that she desperately tried to maintain through her humiliation.

"Y-yeah? I'm sure stalking people is rude too, but that doesn't seem to stop you, now does it?" She looked back at him, now borderline angry but wearing a smug grin now that she had recovered. "I realize I have such an approachable personality, but I'd appreciate it if you kept your distance for once." Now, that would have been a great time for Liona to get up and walk away, but it was raining and it was not worth it. Lucklily her parfait arrived around that time, so she focused her attention on that.

I won't live in a shadow

6Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:43 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren suppressed a chuckle, hiding his smile with a slight turn of his head, away from Liona, as her face flushed red. After all those times where she'd been the one to start an issue, it was nice to be the first to get a blow in for once. He wondered why she was always so hostile to him. He didn't feel like he'd done anything in particular to her, surely nothing that'd make her react to him like she had been doing, and she didn't seem like one of those members of White Fang. He shrugged to himself. Not like it really mattered all too much now, he supposed. The girl was a mystery, and he could save time by simply not worrying about her. She didn't seem to be interested in talking peacefully with him anyways.

He scratched the back his head idly as he took a sip of his drink, only to choke on it as Liona accused him of stalking her. "Wait, what!?" Warren cried back, as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "You think that I'm stalking you? What possible reason could I have to do that? In case you didn't notice, I came here first, so if anything, you're the one following me!" In his outrage, Warren either failed to notice the fact that his outburst began to draw the attention of several other customers, or simply didn't care. "Hell, what did I ever do to you, anyways?"

7Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin

!WARNING!

Warren Novak: Posting Order.... >.< You skipped Sidono. One can only skip a person if 3 days has passed. Sidono may choose whether or not to void your post, Though if he doesn't the order changes to Warren>Sidono>Liona. If he doesn't post in 3 days from Liona's post, then topic can just continue was normal.

http://www.rwbyrpg.com

8Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Sidono Carref

Sidono Carref
((OCC: The post is not void, you can continue))

Sidono heard yelling and descided to turn around and see what it was. He calmly walked over and seen a human yelling at a faunus, this of course outraged him. He then stomped over and told off the human. "You do not yell at a faunus, let alone a girl for any reason! I don't care what the reason is, it is uncalled for! So I suggest that you walk away now and cause no more problems for any of us." After telling off the human he focused on the female cat faunus. "Are you ok? I hope he didn't hurt you in anyway. Did he, if he did I will show him not to take us faunus lightly." He didn't care what his actions caused if they caused anything, all he cared about is keeping other faunus fom being abused like they used, but he still can't change that. Well at least not at the moment.

9Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:38 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

Liona's stalker comment was the one to REALLY catch warren's attention causing him to go into a fit of rage. Perfect, Liona had regained control. The ball was back in her court, and if Warren thought that she was gonna lob it back to him, then he had another thing coming. He was very clearly angered, making the argument that he had gotten to the cafe first though, while true, that didn't exactly prove much. Would a stalker be right up close to the target the whole time? No, he would be watching from afar. And sitting outdoors in front of the wide open area that the Faunus was walking around? A bit suspicious given the circumstances. Of course, it was entirely possible that Liona was wrong. She knew that. In fact, she originally had no truth in her words. However, the more she thought about it the more it made sense. What else would explain why the guy was EVERYWHERE lately?

A midst the human's rage, he asked for the reason behind Liona's hostility. What had he ever done to her to warrant this behavior. Liona didn't even know where to start. His false sense of Chivalry, His initial assumption when they met that she would be interested interacting with him, The very fact that he was everywhere she went, and definitely that time in class when he had temporarily but INTENTIONALLY blinded her. Couldn't for get that. The list went on and on. And she would have happily answered, but at the same time she was glad that she didn't have to. Why? Because another faunus, one that Liona had never recalled meeting, decided to cut in, telling the Human guy off. That was a sight to behold for sure.

After the Male Faunus' rampage, he joined Liona to make sure she was okay. How thoughtful. "I appreciate what you did, but I didn't really need the help. He's just some classmate I keep finding myself stuck with."  Liona took a moment to look at her surroundings. The people all around the cafe wore confused and, for just a few, fearful expressions, not sure what had just happened. It was really none of their business, they should have had no problem moving on with their lives. Liona simply faced forward again, getting to the bottom half of her parfait. She hadn't gotten this far in life by caring about how people judged her. "Anyway, you don't have to do anything else. The guy hasn't done anything bad enough be me not to be able to handle it. Thanks though, really." Sure, The blonde girl didn't care for Warren. but she wasn't cruel. He hadn't done anything specifically Anti-Faunus Yet, or That she knew of. She was not gonna send some random guy on him to do who knows what.

In any Case, she held out a hand to the second Cat Faunus. "I am Liona Mimiko, Current Huntress-in-Training at Syne Academy."
I won't live in a shadow

10Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:26 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren stared at Liona, waiting for an answer that never came. For a long moment, she stayed silent, a simple smug smile on her face which only made Warren even angrier, likely her entire goal here. Warren opened his mouth to say something else, but was suddenly interrupted by faunus stomping over to him, a cat faunus, like Liona was.

Warren blinked in surprise and quickly glanced over the man before looking up at his face. This new person was extremely tall, nearing six feet and a half, if Warren guessed right, and he probably would've been threatening looking, if he wasn't was almost stick like! Okay, perhaps stick like was a bit of an exaggeration, but the man was obviously on the thinner side of things, something only exaggerated by his sheer height.

He quirked a brow as the newcomer yelled at him for daring to raise his voice at a faunus, let alone a girl, and Warren resisted the urge to snort at the man. "Just who the hell are you?" Warren asked back, arms crossed over his chest. "Whatever, it doesn't matter. If someone tries to accuse me of something I didn't do, it is entirely reasonable for me to act outraged. Being either a faunus, or a girl, has nothing to do with why I'm raising my voice here, thank you very much." Warren rolled his eyes and glanced back over at Liona.

The girl seemed to have completely wiped Warren from her mind now, going on to thank the newcomer for his aid. "Yea, sure Princess," Warren said with a snort. "It's a good thing your knight in shining armor here came to save the day before you had to get your hands dirty with a simple peasant like me, right?" Warren gave a shake of his head before turning away, and leaned back in his chair. He closed his eyes as he tried to focus his mind on something else. He sure as hell wasn't leaving this place, that's for sure. If he left now, he'd only be letting her win, and he'd damned if he let that happen right now. For now, he was content with simply putting up with her presence until the rain stopped.

11Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:50 am

Sidono Carref

Sidono Carref
"Hello Liona Mimiko, I'm Sidono Carref. I'm also a Hunter-in-Training at Syne Academy." He gladly took Liona's hand, happy that she is alright. Too many times he has seen Faunus get hurt by humans. He then turned his attention to the human who had just walked away. "I am no one's 'Knight in shining armor' I am simply another Faunus that is looking out for the safety of another Faunus." As he sat down he noticed that the other customers were either confused or scared. That didn't bother him, but he hoped none of them tried to force them out of the café. "So Liona I know it's a little rude to ask, but what weapon do you use?" Sidono knew that it is rude to ask someone what their weapon is but he was curious to see what other Faunus us. He was always like this, because his dad was as well.

12Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:29 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

She shook hands with Sidono, glad to finally meet a decent school mate. everyone she came into contact with lately ended up being annoying, Warren more so since she could never seem to leave his presence. Speaking of which, His most recent comment, somthing about Liona being a Princess, Sidono being knight, and Warren himself being a lowly peasant. Really, people should not put them selves down like that, even in if was to some slight degree true. "I'm Sorry, Do you have a problem? Because in case you haven't noticed, I've moved on. I'd thank you to either do the same, or leave." and with that she returned her attention to Sidono, who had asked about her weapon. Liona did not think the inquiry was rude at all, she sort of liked showing off her weapon, but more so her skill with it. Though that was not entirely possible here. She raised up an arm so that Sidono could clearly see the yellow gauntlets that she wore. She activated it, unsheathing the claws that resided within, and then sheathing them again. "I was born with these ears instead of claws like other faunus, so I made my own. What about you?"
I won't live in a shadow

13Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Sidono Carref

Sidono Carref
((For the sake of the tread and the fact its been more than 3 days I am skipping Warren))

Sidono was caught off guard by Liona's question. "Well like you I wasn't born with claws, but that doesn't bother me one bit. In fact it is quite a gift we don't have regular claws, not counting your gauntlets, because we don't have to worry about 'Breaking a claw' as those preppy Faunus call it." Sidono has calmed down since the Warren issue so he thinks he should introduce his weapon. "Well my weapon on the other hand doesn't use claws, mine uses different blades. It's a double headed scythe that focuses more on speed than damage dealt. So you can imagine that I'm quite useful in a battle type situation." Sidono then goes on and on about his history with the weapon that he got from his father. But in the midst of things he starts to mention the White Fang. "So what do you think of the White Fang? Myself I don't really mind them, after all they are trying to get all Faunus equal rights with the humans, so it shouldn't matter if a few crimes are committed, just as long as the end result is positive." Sidono was hoping that Liona felt the same way, because if so then he would tell her that he is a member, his sign of trust.

Last edited by Sidono Carref on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)

14Risk of Rain (Open) Empty Re: Risk of Rain (Open) Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard had been in the café for around two hours by this point, slouching in a chair and immersed in a book. He'd been pulled from his peaceful state by an argument a few tables across. He peered over the top of his book to find two faunus and a human bickering. He sighed to himself, despite how far the two races had come they were still fighting. He was glad his trait wasn't as visible as everyone else's that way he could communicate with the slightly more prejudice humans without them even knowing and hopefully change them for the better, though he'd never actually succeeded in doing so and only being called racial slurs. He ducked down, hiding behind his book when the girl took a look around the café, remembering the human saying that it was impolite to stare.

He found himself unable to return to his book, too distracted by the affairs going on at the other side of the room, he peered over the edge again, only to be greeted with what sounded like knives being unsheathed and the visual of the faunus girl showing of her weapon before retracting it. Fearing things may take a turn for the worse he hid behind his book and ordered another cup of tea so as to appear inconspicuous. Keeping the small group in the corner of his eye. Questions were running through his head at a mile a minute. Are they white fang? Are they about to attack that human? In public? That could set faunus rights back for years. What are they discussing? Jumping him as he leaves? Am I just over reacting? He wasn't sure. He decided to sit and watch, hoping he'd soon be able to return to his book in peace.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum