You are not connected. Please login or register

Clash of Sword and Chain (Private: Sparring Session: Maximilion & Maeva)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aazeen Nejem

Aazeen Nejem

Maximilion Redcliff

The training halls, a building space full of mundane and meaningless playthings for most other people, to him the only reason he would be here is to use the training dummies as a swordsmans target, clad in a crimson shell, ivory cape fluttering at his six o'clock, large shield in his left hand and another object inside it. The symbols of crosses all over the armor, and a single enormous decor laid upon the front face of the shell in his grasp, held along wit his arm. The clanking sound of his greaves filled the air, *Clank.* *Clank* *Clank*, the loud metal bashing into the hard tiled flooring, silvery gray locks fluttering behind him like a cascade of dimly light stars. Grey orbs glimmering upon a fixed and handsome frame, high risen broad cheek bones, glamoured on by the peach skin that complimented the broad eyebrows and hair of the cool demeanor-ed gentleman. "Hmmm... is this all that I can use, such a pity, I was hoping for a more advanced training simulation." "But by the heaven's above, this be all they have, then I must use that what is here."

His matured tone voice rang through the air, like a jackhammer riveting in the busy city air, long strokes his jaws made when he spoke, letting the statement slip out and cling to the air around him, giving him a more mysterious tone, deep bass like notes his throat emitted. And the sound of a sliding blade cut through the air, for the tall fellow drew a sword from under the shield he was sporting, the sudden change in his stance showed he was prepared for combat. And with a might smack he rushed at the training dummy, colliding first his shield into it's block frame, then slicing the long elegant silvery blade of his sword in a angled vertical over the shoulder slash, before letting the blade return once more in a reverse uppercut like slash. Returning back behind the shell he turtled behind, the gray haired gent looked over the tempered gap his shield offered, allowing for sight of his foe and defense at the same interval in time.

Mood: Pondering
Condition: Healthy
Health: 100
Aura: 200

Maeva

Maeva
Maeva was roaming around the school today, taking her sweet time to explore the building she unfortunately already knew by heart as she had nothing better to do. Spending nearly a year in a school without taking any class does give you a lot of time to have a look around but even the largest buildings have their end to the new things they can share. "Maybe one day I could find a secret door or something, that would be neat." did the girl thought to herself as she reached the Training Ground.

There, Maeva saw a man, looking rather old by the color of his hair, that was training against the poor little dummies the school had to offer. Obviously the academy was in the need of an important update for their combat simulation, but maybe for some those wooden punching bags were doing nicely. The girl stood there watching the man for several minutes before feeling the need to interrupt him. "Excuse me Sir, but you will get nowhere by fighting something that can't even return your blows." did she say in a calm and respectful manner. She wasn't going to be told "Kids these days don't respect their elders!" or something alike by being rude to someone she saw for the first time.

She stood there with her arms crossed in front of her for a couple of second before walking towards a dummy and swinging her right arm in its direction. Her chainwhip was sent flying at the target by the mere swing she gave and the tip of the weapon that had a small blade stuck in it. Maeva then pulled her arm to retrieve her weapon that concealed itself back inside her sleeve. "That is literally all I can really do with those and even if a sword is more practical, you will get no real experience and won't better yourself properly." The girl the turned herself to face the man in silence to see what the man would answer to her demonstration.

Aazeen Nejem

Aazeen Nejem

Maximilion Redcliff

With some time going and the sound of his voice against the steel, slight grinding of metal upon metal, the tall robust figure turns his attention to the sound of a tender soft tone close to him, his grayish orbs gleaming upon a rather adorable young lady. "Excuse me Sir, but you will get nowhere by fighting something that can't even return your blows." The way she spoke to him, he gave a rather pleasant smile and eased up his stanc slightly, relaxing his shoulders and straightening his back, letting his sword go in a more slanted position. Viewing her using some kind of weapon, her actions where far too quick for him to determine the kind she was using, but from the reaction she held when moving her arm, it had to be some form of whip weapon. "That is literally all I can really do with those and even if a sword is more practical, you will get no real experience and won't better yourself properly." He nodded for her analyzes was spot on and he sheathes his sword once more, slipping the straight silvery blade back into the black scabbard upon the inside of his shield, and letting the pivoting device allow his shield to move to the length of his arm.

"Indeed miss, on both accounts, you are spot on with your calculation, and I have to agree with you." "And I do appreciate you calling me Sir, not many younger people call me that, my name is Maximilion Redcliff." "Tis a pleasure to make your acquaintance, madame." Strolling up to her slowly and holding out a hand for when he bowed he looked up back at her, gently taking her hand and bringing it to his lips to let a gentle kiss touch her knuckles, he let her tender delicate hand fall back to her side and he stood up. "So if I may inquire, you said I would gain nothing from facing these wooden mannequin's." "If you have another suggestion I am of course all ears to hearken it." His rather vibrant choice of words filled the air about him, as his facial features held still not expression other than a slight interest in this young ladies suggestion for gaining more experience.

Last edited by Maximillion Redcliff on Tue May 03, 2016 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maeva

Maeva
Maeva was surprised as she saw that the man was actually taking her advises into account and not just shutting them down for coming from a younger fighter who might logically have less experience. Although her surprise about his reaction was nothing compared to what would follow as the crimson clad man who introduced himself as Maximillion called her "madame", something she was never called before and although she does dislikes nicknames given to her, this one quite rubbed the good way, making the girl blush slightly to the sound of the word. "M-m-madame?!? N-no please, call me Maeva. It'll be less... embarra-" She couldn't finish her sentence that Maximillion bowed and took her hand before giving a light kiss on her knuckles, turning the slight red hue of her face to a full blown scarlet one as she was feeling the most embarrassing moment she could recall right now. She didn't stopped him though and simply looked away completely flustered and brought both her hands to her back when he stood up.

As the older man inquired about if she had any suggestion on how to better his training session, Maeva tried to offer a friendly spar as not just would both of them be able to train, it would offer to both the chance to practice something alike a real battle scenario. Though, her current flustered state made things difficult to share her idea. "W-well... we could train t-together... I mean!.. you know like... train by, fighting each other... not for real but like... you know... to practice and such. I-I believe it'll be more... e-efficient fighting something... or rather someone that moves..." As she tried to explain, the girl was obviously avoiding any eye contact and continuously shifted her stance awkwardly. Meeting a real gentleman for the first time seemed to really embarrassed her. Hopefully it wouldn't impact her fighting if Maximillion accepted the spar.

Aazeen Nejem

Aazeen Nejem

Maximilion Redcliff

With his orbs gazing upon her, watching her every action, and trying to understand her, for when he spoke and called her "madame" he listened to her reaction. "M-m-madame?!? N-no please, call me Maeva. It'll be less... embarra-" But after that, he tuned in once more, to seeing her once colorless face turn a striking crimson hue, much like his armor, he gave a chuckle and smiled to her, for now her voice rang clear through the air. "W-well... we could train t-together... I mean!.. you know like... train by, fighting each other... not for real but like... you know... to practice and such. I-I believe it'll be more... e-efficient fighting something... or rather someone that moves..." This was something he didn't anticipate she would request of him, and he shook his head in a slight disapproval, never had he hoped this young lady would ever dare to request such a task from him. "Never in my right mind would I ever consider striking a young lady like yourself, even if it is in combat." "I maybe a Retired Lieutenant, but I am a gentleman over a soldier."

He said this and rubbed his forehead and leaned against a nearby pillar as his grayish locks slid over his shoulder, his reaction to flip his hair back sent them tumbling over the left side of his armor and his rather dull set of gems locked back onto her. "I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that, forgive my rather... stubborn nature, I just wouldn't want to see harm come to such a lovely and sophisticated young lady like yourself." "If you wish for a match, then miss Maeva I will offer you a sparring session here and now." His words rang through the air, bouncing from his lips to his young companion before him, seeing her wonderful nature shine even before revealing his to her. "My weapon is a One-Handed Straight Sword, my family made this for me wen I made Lieutenant, same as my shield and armor." "My I know your gear miss Maeva, I believe I can assist you in learning how to use it more properly."

Maeva

Maeva
Maeva's embarrassment quickly faded when Maximillion seemed to refuse her offer for a nice little training spar for the sake of risking to harm her. Alright, he is a gentleman and this is an attitude that would be totally normal, but nowadays even the most gentleman of gents has to know by now that every single women can handle herself if she has the will to without having a knight coming to save her from all and any harm. Sure if her life was in immediate danger and that she couldn't deal with in the most brief delays she'd be glad to have someone help, but refusing to spar in a secured and control environment? "Wait, is he really refusing because I'm girl? or is it..." did she thought to herself before the red hue resurfaced her skin as her thoughts went with another theory. "...it's not because he thinks that... I'm cute... right? No it can't be that, he's just a plain... and nice... gentleman, yes he;s just being nice, but way too nice..."

After a short moment, too short to give Maeva the time to reply her frustration to the idea of being refused a spar, Maximillion took back his words and apologized for his rudeness. the girl took a deep breath to be sure that she was completely calmed down before speaking. She wouldn't want to appear mad right after he agreed on the spar. She had a theory as to why he acted this way though, probably by habit as he was just revealing that he was in the military and that by his armor it was a more old school unit or battalion with probably more knightly way of thinking,. "It's alright, it must be hard to go out of your way. I can imagine if you lived following chivalry and the likes, allowing a woman to fight, not because she's weaker, but just as a general protector... But I assure you, I am at this academy for a reason and if I wasn't able to hold myself in a fight, the school would probably have refused me by now." Maeva gave the man a smile full of conviction, showing that no mere Grimm would be taking her down and that no challenge was too tough, even if it was a Lieutenant that was standing before her.

Maximillion talked briefly about his arsenal. It was pretty simple, but it's the most reliable you can have really. A good sword, a sturdy shield and a strong armor. The only downside would be the weight of all this but with a good physical training it wouldn't be a problem for most people. Also, no need to reload anything or fear that parts get jammed, unless the plates of the armor are bent in some way. Knights really knew what they were doing by the past. Maeva's equipment was far more exotic in comparison, if not unique. Alright, a chainwhip can be seen elsewhere, but her masks, surely they didn't exist anything similar to those. The girl swung her arm to the side, extending the chain to roughly a meter before holding it and stopping the weapon to return in its concealed case. "This is my weapon, a simple chainwhip with a small blade at its tip. With a good swing though, it can cut on pretty much all its length or be used to grab things. As for my armor, because yes I have one, although less impressive than yours..." She turned slightly in order to whisper to herself. "...in this form at least..." She then faced once more the man before finishing her sentence. "...but i can say that it concern those mask that are strapped to my left sleeve. That's all you are getting from me for now." Maeva gave him a little smirk before she returned her weapon to its hidden case under her right sleeve. She then looked at the man's eyes before asking him a question. "So, anything else you want to know before we start? Oh but don't ask about my Semblance, it would ruin the surprise if I told you, and that'd be no fun." She giggled slightly before awaiting Maximillion's response.

Aazeen Nejem

Aazeen Nejem

Maximilion Redcliff

After his words, it appeared that Maeva was rather taken by his words in a unfriendly way, for her blush faded away and he could tell she was trying to speak for when he did before she took a deep and hearty breathe of fresh air into her lungs before releasing the words from her lips. "It's alright, it must be hard to go out of your way. I can imagine if you lived following chivalry and the likes, allowing a woman to fight, not because she's weaker, but just as a general protector... But I assure you, I am at this academy for a reason and if I wasn't able to hold myself in a fight, the school would probably have refused me by now." This series of words comprised together made Maximilion shake his head in a disagreeing manner as he pointed out what she said to him in more technical ways. "Not at all, in fact one of our most powerful members was a female, she wielded a Lance that was twice her own height." "And she was in fact a very powerful woman, but never came off as feminine or pricey." "I only disagreed because you never gave off the aura of a fighter, and I misjudged you, and I am sorry for doing so."

He said this to her before speaking once more, bringing his free hand up and cupping it around his chin, firmly grasping it and speaking. "But you saying I was following chivalry is interesting, how did you deduct this conclusion?" "Twas it perhaps my arsenal?" "Or the way I hold myself when I spoke to you, either way you are correct the regiment I was apart of did go by that way at times." "We were called the Knights of the Blood-soaked Oath." He said to her before proclaiming more words to Mavea's ear drums "In Atlas we ere the first line of defense in facing Grimm or other threats, mostly only ever called when needed, we wore these blood soaked hued shells to show our foes we were not afraid to spill the first drop of blood." "Or have ours be spilled either, I served them for most of my time until I was retired due to my Concussion, which I frankly should say was of my own downfall to understand the training ground."

After his rather long and arduous set of words escaped his rather slim darker tones lips and rang through the air, clanking off his armor like his arms gently shifting with his hands beforehand, which then he viewed Maeva's arm snap and release the weapon she had used once before and relinquish her statement. "This is my weapon, a simple chainwhip with a small blade at its tip. With a good swing though, it can cut on pretty much all its length or be used to grab things. As for my armor, because yes I have one, although less impressive than yours..." This was said and shortly after this statement he witness her turned slightly and say a second phrase of words lightly which he didn't pick up quiet soo well, but afterwards the rather polite young lady spoke once more to him. "...but i can say that it concern those mask that are strapped to my left sleeve. That's all you are getting from me for now." Maximilion was about to say something before he laid his eyes onto her left arm to gaze the masks he was told about, not judging her arsenal or compare it to his. "Nay, I say your choice of weapon and armor suits you as needed, I will not say they are not sufficient for the task.

And as he was about to finish his talking, it appeared that Maeva had additionally wanted to say something extra to him, so he turned in and hearkened to her words, since she was telling him soo much, he might as well give her the upmost attention she deserved. "So, anything else you want to know before we start? Oh but don't ask about my Semblance, it would ruin the surprise if I told you, and that'd be no fun." He pondered upon the thought more, as his hand was still around his chin, as he never pulled it away, his hands creaked as the fingers slightly moved, covered in a red gauntlet as he tried to comprise a statement for her." "If there is nothing else, I cant think of any, and trust me miss Maeva I would never relish the thought of asking you, for I shall tell you the same." "Now prepare yourself, and meet me over yonder here." He said gliding his hand and letting his slender fingers grip around the black leather handle of his sword and drew it from the scabbard. With his red greaves clanking on the hard flooring and Maximilion taking the fight to a open area of the room, where nothing would hinder his performance or Maeva's, he went into a slight leaned position and hid behind his shield, looking at her over the bevel dips and held his sword at his side, waiting for her to make the first move.

Maeva

Maeva
As Maximillion explained to her that it wasn't because she was a girl that he judged her at first but because she instead didn't looked like a fighter, this thought somewhat made Maeva more angry than the previous one. Although this inside rage didn't last long as the man clad in red immediately apologized again for his judgment. The girl took a more straight posture before taking a proper bow towards the knight as an apology as she too misjudged him and his entire order. "I didn't want to be rude to you or your regiment Sir, neither did I want to insinuate that no woman could be part of it. She sounds like an impressive woman." She raised herself back up afterward, ending her apology and her questions for now. She didn't want to inquire on Maximillion's concussion as she felt it was probably a more personal thing that the man wouldn't be willing to share, or maybe the opposite and be an event he would feel had no real importance for her to know.

As the Lieutenant was ready to spar and invited her to join the open area, Maeva smiled before giving a small curtsy followed by her walking toward the fighting zone. He curtsy though lacked the deserved elegance it should normally have as the girl wasn't wearing any skirt or dress to match the action, but she didn't mind and she thought that neither would it to Maximillion.

Maeva took place on the opposite side of the area, facing directly the armor-clad soldier. The girl felt rather small in comparison, standing there with nothing imposing, but that was her strength, surprising her foes. As she noticed that she was offered the first strike, she opted for some baiting strikes, so she walked slowly toward the man and as she reached the three meters mark she she started to swing her chainwhip with three successive downward diagonal swings. She didn't mind if her attacks would be blocked or not, she wanted him to close the gap. She stood ready for a evasive maneuver though if things didn't go according to plan.

(OCC: Are we fighting using stats or not? If yes, please use the "spoiler" for damage information~)

Spoiler:

Aazeen Nejem

Aazeen Nejem

Maximilion Redcliff

"I didn't want to be rude to you or your regiment Sir, neither did I want to insinuate that no woman could be part of it. She sounds like an impressive woman." These words rang clear to him as he listened to her, his facial features change to that of a smile which he rarely ever gave. "Indeed what you said is true, he is amazing, she and I... let's just say were rather close."" "And anyone is welcome into the Knights of the Blood-soaked Oath, so long as you are willing to give up everything." An with that he witness Maeva begin her walk towards him, and upon standing directly before him he glances at her stature, she was letting herself be wide open, to him this was a bait for him to strike her. But when he was about to move he witness her weapon come forth and fly towards him, his voice rang out as he side stepped the first two strikes and let the third clash against his crimson shell. "Nm... good strike Maeva, but you didn't let me dictate the rules here, first to five consecutive strikes is the winner. His voice rattled int the air, before he took a slight step forward, and then clashing the flat head of his sword against the front of his shield, making a loud clanking sound, a tactic he and his regimen performed to frighten their foes.

And as he did this he suddenly bolted towards her, jumping from side to side in a zig-zag manner trying to confuse her and gain the upper hand, upon reaching the make that he needed his entire frame suddenly glew a brilliant crimson hue like his armor. Which suddenly slithered to his sword and covered it in a few shell of energy, and as his sword shinned like a red star. He used that o his advantage, ramming his shield towards her, trying to strike her small frame with his large kite shield possibly knocking her off her feet, and this was connected with a under the arm upper cut, his sword emitted a large wave of unknown red energy that would clash against Maeva if his attack landed. Then joined with a downwards slash that was no longer holding the red energy which could only determine that is was a special ability on known to him. After his strikes he took a large step backwards an hiding behind his shield once more and looking over the large curved indention's that his kite shield offered, near the top region allowing for view while defending one's self from oncoming assaults.

(No we will not use Stats, first to land 5 hits is the winner.)
-Maximilion Redcliff: 0 Strikes | 1 Hit | Attack Speed: 0 | Number of Attacks: 3
-Maeva: 1 Strike | ? Hits | Attack Speed: ? | Number of Attacks: ? (You determine how many hits you take and the information of your attack speed and number of attacks as well.)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum