You are not connected. Please login or register

Peaceful time in town. [Private: Valencia and Kalos]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Valencia Esper

Valencia Esper
Under the beautiful sun that was shining all across Bellmuse, the plaza was overflowing with activity from the many people who had came in town for shopping or spend their time simply outside among the masses. This wasn't different for Valencia as she was currently siting at the outside terrace of a local cafe she's been going for years now. She was clearly a regular as she had just sat down that one of the server was already bringing her a cup of vanilla espresso which was her usual order. Giving a smile to the young man who had brought her her drink, he left after returning the smile, leaving her alone as she usually was.

Val wasn't a fan of being alone in general, but her little coffee time was the only moment she'd rather be on her own so she could think about stuff that being with others wouldn't only distract her. Was the people distracting her of her thinking or the opposite, that she couldn't decide. In any case, her little coffee time was sacred to her, she had been coming here each day ever since the first day she entered the small establishment and she would keep doing so, if she could that is. Since she had enrolled at Syne Academy, she had to live in one of the dorm that the school had to offer so she couldn't stay in her small apartment in Bellmuse. This thought saddened her, she would miss her usual drink so much once she would finally make her way to the Academy.

Valencia was slowly drinking from her cup, savoring what could potentially be the last cup of espresso she could be having before a long while. An idea suddenly crossed her mind: what if she could ask the owner of the cafe to send her way at Syne his coffee? She began to bite her thumb's nail as she was slowly losing herself in her thoughts, she was now in her mode in which she overthinks about everything and anything and would probably miss anything that would happen around her, unless it was something like a car accident or an explosion.

Kalos

Kalos
Kalos would be lying if he said he didn't like this kind of weather, the sun was out it was the beginning of September so there is a slight gentle breeze just enough to make sure it wasn't to hot and humid. On days like this Kalos would enjoy being out just for the sake of it. But today he wasn't just out, today he had a mission or so he liked to call it. He has been known to exaggerate things and make them seem way more important then they actually were. This 'mission' of his was another prime example.

Kalos loves his food and his treats, but what he loves even more then that is saving money on his food. Studying at Syne academy and essentially making a bet with your older sister claiming don't you don't have to use the families money to survive was a lot harder then Kalos had planned. He has been forced to make sacrifices and be smarter with money by using discounts and coupons. Now Kalos had a coupon for a buy one donut and get two free at the local cafe but within a very limited amount of time. He had been saving this coupon for this exact day and time, but of course with his luck he's running late. So he decides to run for it, stomach making weird noises and his eyes set on his destination the 'mission' was gonna be a success until...

With all his focus on the cage across the street Kalos forgot to look both ways before sprinting across the street. But he was so close he could nearly feel the donuts on his tongue, his mind on a sugar fantasy till BAM!!!
A small two seated car rammed right into Kalos left leg, sending him rolling into the street face down on the pavement. The driver and passenger got out quickly to check on him, the entire incident creating a small little scene in the middle of the street.

Valencia Esper

Valencia Esper
Thinking of a solution for her future lack of caffeinated beverage, Valencia was barely even drinking the one that was in front of her. She thought about maybe trying to get the Academy to sponsor her favorite little cafe by buying from them huge shipments of their stuff. It sure would be great as she would be able to enjoy a good cup from the cafeteria or even her room. The idea seemed lovely but she knew that it wasn't as simple as that. The cafe was a small establishment so having whole shipments ready for the masses of students might be too great of a task. Surely she'd let know of the idea to the owner though, as maybe he would be interested in such a partnership with Syne.

Her train of thought was going fast, but it crashed very suddenly along a coincidental crashing sound along the street near her. Curious as to what made her come back to reality, Val stood up form her chair and took a quick sip of her espresso before making her way towards the small crowd that had gathered. Walking through the mass, she reached the accident. A boy had been hit by a car and was now laying on the pavement while the tow passengers of the vehicle were panicked about the boy's health. Val began to ask around about what happened exactly to know as much as she could about the situation. It didn't take long for her to understand that it was the boy who was at fault here as he had ran across the street carelessly only to get run over.

Walking over to him, Valencia looked at the boy who seemed still unconscious from the hit, but seemed completely unharmed besides the leg of his pants that had small rips through it, showing off his prosthetic leg. While the driver was overrun by anxiety, the blue haired girl crouched and began poking the boy on the ground. "Hoi, wake up already! This guy is about to go crazy not knowing that you're totally fine. Come on, stand up already, it's not like your leg is going to hurt from standing on it anyway."

Kalos

Kalos
You would think a sudden impact of getting hit by a car would take a great toll on someone physically perhaps even mentally after a point. But the last thing on Kalos's young mind was getting hit by a car. As he laid there face down on the pavement the thoughts in his head blocking out all the noise from the street.

I missed the time, I can't get my donuts. I love those donuts and the coupon is only good for today. Am I gonna starve? Am I gonna starve cause I couldn't get a cheap deal on some donuts. When did my life become like this, where did I go wrong. What am I gonna do? How am I gonna live? How will I survive? I ruined my pants!! Who the hec is poking me???

Kalos got up rather quickly when the poking disrupted all this thoughts and he was able to hear people and all the commotion he caused. He had tears running down his face, but not from pain but because he knew he was to late for his donuts deal. But other people saw his running waters they thought the worst. Until he was able to stand completely on both legs and looked down. "My pants! My donuts!" he yelled that came to shock everyone around. Even the passengers in the car made a sudden face at his reaction. "Hey kid are you-are you alright you ran right in front of my car. There wasn't enough time to stop."

Kalos looked at him with a reassuring smile. "Aaahhh yes I am fine trust me. He said dusting off pants that had a large rip in them. "My leg uuummmm had some work done." he said laughing.

He then noticed the girl that was poking him and remembered her words rather clearly. "Hey you woke me up, I guess I should thank you for that. It is much appreciated." he said with a honest voice. He got a look at what she was holding a drink from the cafe he was running off to and his face was suddenly sad again.

Valencia Esper

Valencia Esper
It seemed that Valencia's poking was enough for the boy to wake up as she watched him stand up. She wasn't really surprised that he was completely fine with how he spoke to the driver of the car, although hearing him complain about the state of his pants and donuts made her wonder what was going on in his mind. She stared at him as he thanked her for waking him up, which she thought was a completely stupid reason to thank her. He would have woken up by himself eventually. As they saw that he was fine, the small crowd began to disperse itself slowly, even the passengers of the car got back in their vehicle and left.

Val noticed the look on his face as he saw the cup she was holding. Looking back and forth at the boy and her beverage and thinking about the word "donuts" that he had shouted moments ago, she remembered that at the cafe there was a special on donuts that ended today. She glared at the boy with a stern look before taking a single step towards him. "Are you kidding me? Were you really that careless for a handful of donuts!? Please tell me that you're not that freaking stupid! Marcel never ends his discounts and other special offers in the middle of the day, you would have been fine whenever!" The girl then extended her arm to point at everyone from the earlier crowd before resuming. "What if you would have been hurt? Or worse, killed? What would all those people would have thought or did learning that an idiot died for stupid donuts!? What about the man who hit you with his car!? You haven't thought this through, have you? Your stomach had to come first..."

Valencia sighed heavily as she stopped her rant. She didn't know him yet she was completely infuriated by his carelessness. Crossing her arms and looking away, she gestured slightly towards the cafe. "You should go get those donuts before there's none left. There wasn't a special on them because they're not selling, quite the opposite in fact. Now hurry, but be more careful." Whether he would listen to her or not wasn't relevant to Val as she slowly walked back to the table she was sat at earlier and resumed her thinking about how to get her espresso every morning at Syne.

Kalos

Kalos
Kalos was caught off guard from the sudden rant from the girl that poked him awake. All he could do was stand there and take it, he knew he was in the wrong for what he did so to be honest he had this coming to him. He caught every word of the rant as he stood there ashamed. But he had realized something about this girl, something that he couldn't deny and secretly terrified him this blue haired girl reminded him of his older sister Karsana way to much. The ranting the voice of her talking down on him was something he was way to used to, something he thought he was able to escape while at Syne. But he should known better to think he could get away from some classic lecturing when he did something foolish.

He made a dumbfounded face when she mentioned that Marcel never ends his discounts in the middle of the day, he did think he could have possible read his coupon wrong. Perhaps there was still a chance to get his donuts. Once she was done, he looked down then at her. "Your right I am sorry. Thanks for the info about the donuts! I will keep that in mind for the future!" he ran off was able to get his discount on his donuts.

He came back out with a extra box of donuts in hand, apparently Marcel had saw what had happened from his shop. Once Kalos had explained the entire scene Marcel had offered him a dozen box of donuts on the house. Kalos was ecstatic and gave Marvel a very heartfelt thanks. He walked outside and saw the young girl at a nearby table, he had felt real bad about what happened earlier. So he thought it was best to share his extra donuts with her in hopes to make amends for things. He placed the box on the table "So apparently getting him by car on your way to the cafe gets you some donuts for free." he said with a smile. "Would you like one?"

Valencia Esper

Valencia Esper
Things got back as they were from before the accident. The atmosphere was lively once again and it felt like nothing have ever happened even though things were different not moments ago. Valencia was on the terrace on her own for a while before the boy who was hit by the car placed a box of donuts on the table right in front of her. She immediately looked at him from where she was and wondered why he wanted to share his prized food with her of all people. It's not like she was panicked by what happened to him earlier or that she really was helpful. She even went on a rant about what he had done, and he was just smiling and offering donuts to her. She though that he was either weird or stupid, she didn't deserve those donuts at all.

"Listen kid, it's nothing personal, not against you nor Marcel's baked goods, but I don't see why you're offering me one of your donuts. I was yelling at you minutes ago and you just offer me a treat. You should offer them to the one who ran you over at least, that would make more sense." Val then took a second to think, it's true that the driver of the car and his passenger would deserve these donuts more than her; along with probable reparation for the potential damage that smashing into someone with a prosthetic leg could cause; but it was too late now, the man was long gone. She sighed before looking at the box. Sure she was more of a fan of cakes, but Marcel's baking skill made any baked good worthy of a bite even from the most pompous noble that walk this world. "I guess one won't kill me... unlike someone else..." She gazed at the boy, clearly poking at the fact that the accident could have been worse before she reached into the box to pick one of the dozen donuts in it.

As she took a bite of her sugar-coated treat, Valencia began to think about how the boy could have been totally fine after getting hit by a car. She felt rather stupid to not have pondered on this sooner. Thinking about it, she wondered if he had an Aura like her and maybe even a student at Syne as well. She wasn't about to ask him though, as the thought of a Huntsman as careless as him wasn't something that she wanted to think about too much. She simply ate her donuts and drank her espresso silently.

Kalos

Kalos
Kalos was a little taken back when the young lady didn't take his offer of free donuts at first, and instead used it to lecture him a little again. It seemed he could not get a win with this one at all. He sighed at first, and was about to walk away but he had caught her remark about having one wouldn't kill her like it nearly almost did him.
Despite the little remark Kalos smiled widely "Haha I guess I did almost lose my life for some donuts."
he said laughing, but quickly realized that perhaps maybe he shouldn't be laughing about it. But the young man couldn't help it, the entire scenario was silly to him just like most things that go on in his life. But the remarks from the young lady reminded him of his sister again, perhaps he should contact her its been about two weeks since he heard from his sis and that's not normal.

It was a bit of an awkward silence as she ate her donuts and sipped on her espresso silently. He scratched the back of his head as he took a seat at the table. He pondered on the thought that she knew about his leg before anyone else, of course if any one was focused and paid some attention anyone could have noticed it. But for her to notice it so fast she had to have a keen sense of mind.

"So you noticed my prosthetic leg before anyone else did and you did it rather quickly. You mind if I ask you, are you like a cop or something? No no you seem to smart for that, maybe a detective. Perhaps even an FBI agent no no you look to young. Aaahhh I know you could be a huntress!" he said as if he found gold.

Valencia Esper

Valencia Esper
The kind of silence that had set it would have felt awkward to most people, but it wasn't for Valencia. She didn't understand the need of nearly everyone to always talk when in the presence of others. What was so frightening about the silence for people to avoid it at all cost? She always thought that a moment of silence was something good, meaning that the two persons interacting were understanding each other and didn't needed to talk to let know how they were feeling at the moment and simply enjoyed the company of each other. Although for Val it had less meaning than that, it was simply a moment she could focus on her thoughts even among others.

Although this time Val wouldn't have the time to be able to lose herself in her thinking as the boy decided to sit at her table to basically ask her how she was able to notice his prosthetic so quickly and went on a roll of guesses stupider than the last until he came up with the good one, obviously by pure luck. She couldn't understand how his brain worked to go from a mere cop to a Huntress, it seemed way to random to be logical to her. She began by pointing down at his torn up pant, showing off the metal limb through holes in the cloth. "I can see your leg very clearly, that's how I noticed. Anyone could have noticed if they focused the slightest and I'm sure many did and just didn't really bother with it. Also, can you tell me the train of thoughts you followed to go from cop to Huntress? I can't figure out how logic any link between the two could work."

Kalos

Kalos
Again this girl had Kalos thinking he was having a conversation with his sister. But he was so used to being talked down to, it was almost as if he didn't notice it.

"I don't know to be honest, my mind kind of just...wanders about." he said as he gestured his hand in the air. "It wanders to much I tend to just do sometimes say whatever comes to mind. But being respectful of course. And I'm not the most...logical person. What use is logic in the world we live in. Were being trained to hunt monsters for career paths, not everything can make sense I guess not even me as stupid as that sounds." He said as he looked in his box to see which donut he wanted next.

He eventually chose the one with apple filling, since apples were his favorite. "But since you didn't say no I am going to continue to assume that you are indeed a huntress in training. Tell me do you enjoy it?" he said with a curious tone.

(Sorry i feel this post is real crappy, I'm just really sleepy right now and wanted to post for u before i decided to knock out)

Valencia Esper

Valencia Esper
(your post is fine, don't worry about it~)

As the explanation of the boy was underway, Valencia could understand that some people truly do and say things that crosses their mind without thinking them through first, and not being one to think logically is also possible. Not everyone cares about logic and would rather follow their instinct which was probably the favored way to proceed for most as it is more focused on doing things rather than thinking about doing them.

The one thing that made no sense to her though was that he could somehow think that the possibility of becoming a Huntsman wasn't logical, to which she immediately replied. "You got to be kidding right? Of course it's normal and necessary to have people ready to hunt down Grimms as a career path! They have been trying to kill us for as long as man can remember! If they had appeared decades ago, or if you were looking at this from a world were monsters don't exist, then yeah, in that case it would be weird. But not here, we've been fighting them off forever so it's totally logical that we have people training to kill them for a living."

Val reclined against the back of the chair as she nodded to the boy as his assumption was right. "I am indeed on my way to become a Huntress, but I can't say if I enjoy it since I'm just starting this year. I'm taking the airship for Syne in two days, so I'm currently enjoying the last hours I have here in Bellmuse before I leave." She then began to wonder why he asked if she enjoyed it. Was it because she looked like she had experience on the subject? She did look a little bit older than the 17 years old she was, often said that she was really mature and spirited for her age, so maybe it was that. But a "maybe" wasn't enough, she had to know. "Why ask if I enjoy it by the way? Do I look to you like I've been doing this for some time or something?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum