You are not connected. Please login or register

Explanations!Or Not?[Ask to Join/At Your Own Peril]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
(Hello again Syne!~ I'm trying to start another run possibly maybe. The peril is implied towards your patience, not your life. :D I have no idea if I will be able to stay active, or how frequently I can post.)

Muse

It had been a long time. She had her reasons for leaving, and was resolute in their justification, but should it have been so long? Though, the real question was should she have come home? The phrasing answered itself. Home.

She hadn't the courage, yet, to go back to the academy. After all, she hadn't even seen Bellmuse in so long. Maybe it wasn't really that long, but walking the streets here she felt like a stranger. Yín recognized how jaded the entirety of her personality had become upon leaving. Nothing in her heart felt like the huntress she set out to be. Everything got caught up in ambition. Like so many flies in a web. Maybe it would happen again. She only knew that nothing would change by running away. Certainly not by standing still.

Walking aimlessly through the city, she hoped for and feared the chances of running into someone she knew. Even a stranger from the academy. An incident to give her direction. A prayer for fate.

Pluton Cronus

Pluton Cronus
Direction was something himself Pluton didn't have, he lacked progression as he lacked money and a roof over his head, but he did have the capability to thrust it upon others. This wasn't usually a good thing, usually he united people against him to get revenge or steal stolen goods, but he certainly gave them a (usually brief) life goal. Pluton was homeless, the result of various poor decisions on his own part as well as his bad but not terrible upbringing, and as such he wandered the streets day in and day out; his stupidly large and uncomfortable (hard) plastic backpack making it all the more difficult. While it was lighter than it looked, the weapons within them were incredibly heavy.

Making his way through Bellmuse, half looking for food to steal and half looking to pick a fight... hoping that would lead to food. He wanted to be angry, he wanted to be boisterous and competitive, but the shrinking of his stomach coupled with the cloud growling wasn't exactly creating an intimidating appearance. Sweat was pouring down his forehead in the Summer sun, his fluffy white hair was drooping into his vision. He could feel a tension building inside, not an anger but something... something far worse. Well from his point of view, those who had met him before would probably be psyched to see it.

Weakness.

He clenched his fists, arms at waist height and a crazed look in his eye. "Who wants to go out for a meal!?! I'm really hungry!" He was completely unaware that, due to his wording, it sounded as though he was offering to pay. Additionally, he was much too focused on his hunger to notice this, but there was only really one person within range who was a weird black haired and red eyed girl.

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yín looked up from her daydream to see a brutish boy shouting about food. Glancing around, she realized that she was the only person in the general vicinity. Maybe it was just the heat getting to the poor boy, or maybe he was socially inept. Perhaps so inept, that this was his attempt at breaking the ice with a stranger. Whatever it was causing him to go feral was irrelevant. What was important? The involuntary action of making eye-contact that lasted just a little too long without accompanying a form of acknowledgment.

It had clearly been too long since a proper social interaction. It was a good idea to bide her time after all, as someone so apparently bestial probably didn't realize how weird she was being. Was she? How long was she staring at him in her head just now. Say something damn it! "Um..." That's not a hello! "Were you talking to me?" That was more like a threat from a gangster. She rubbed the bridge of her nose in frustration, and sighed to decompress. "Yín Sterling. You?"

Pluton Cronus

Pluton Cronus
"Yeah sure you'll do, why not. Just buy me food got it? I've not had a bite in like... three days I think?" Pluton towered over the woman, it seemed her gangster-esq talking wouldn't have much effect on him... being so dense. That and being so big, be it because he was paying so little attention (only focused on his stomach) or the fact the woman wasn't actively clutching a weapon and threatening him. Looming over the woman, maybe a little too close but not touching, Pluton's words were hyperbolised by his extreme arm movements. "I don't really care where long as it's fillin', somethin' like a burger or just a sandwich or whatever. I just really need food, can't be bothered with that trendy tiny food stuffs."

"I'm Pluton Cronus, the strongest hunter in or out of those dumb academies. I've been to em all and they threw me out of em all, just 'cause I'm too strong of course. Not been to the one up on the mountain much yet, but bein' such a small place it doesn't really seem worth my time. I'm gonna beat em all up eventually, that much is certain. Think only the teachers could give me bother now." The large man stretched, crossing his right arm across his body in a T stretch; cracking his neck to the right.

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
So I'll do, will I? She thought, brow furrowing. She was partially already tired of the boys demanding attitude, but interested enough to consider the "demand". After all, while clearly full of himself, that much bravado must count for something. Aside from that, it's hard to continue calling someone pushing twice your height a boy, let alone inquire about him without getting a substantial neck injury. Yin considered for a moment if she had anything better to do at the moment anyways. At least he might catch her up on some of the academy events.

He certainly knew how to talk, that much was certain. She wasn't terribly uncomfortable with the distance as far as fear was concerned, but in her experience a threat proceeded such behavior. She folded her arms in front of her, trying to gauge if he believed in his own bragging, deciding it would be impossible to tell as long as he was spouting at the mouth. "Well I have to say it's been a while for me, so maybe you could reintroduce me to local "cuisine". She extended the last word, punctuating her expectations for small time dining or maybe Pluton's tastes. "Lead the way. It'll be my treat for reacquainting me with the area." All of her words were cold. Like a business man's, but without the pizazz, and lacking in severity.

Pluton Cronus

Pluton Cronus
"Eh? You're lettin' me pick? And you're willin' to pay? Eh? This is all goin' a whole lot better than I thought it would honestly. Hope you don't think this is a date, I know I'm pretty impressive but I don't dig chicks." The big, smelly, homeless man continued to talk a big game... but when it came to picking a restaurant, well. Pluton had never been in one outside Creek's tavern, and even then that'd been when he worked there briefly. Mostly he just stole from vending machines or, on the rare occasions he had money, bought from fast food vendors.

He turned away from the girl and looked between the various restaurants and cafes in their immediate vicinity. His back hunched, brow twitched, he wanted to do this based off of whatever would provide the most food... but had no idea which would. He assumed most of the cafes would only offer lighter meals, as much as he liked sugar and as many cakes as he was sure there was, so that cut down most of those in their immediate vicinity. All that remained was a grand, expensive looking, restaurant in which most everyone looked to be wearing suits and no one was wearing a normal shirt... or a pizza place called "Pizzaz."

Naturally Pluton took off in the direction of the latter; a smaller, greasier and more run-down looking venue with brickwork visible through cracked paint. Upon walking in no one would be there to wait them, just a big guy standing behind a counter much too immersed on his phone. Boots of torn faux red leather with tables more comparable to a train than most other restaurants available for seating.

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin forced a smile as the man explained that she was a meal ticket, and that she shouldn't flatter herself by thinking he would want a date with her. He was a true ten out of ten personality for sure. Maybe if it wasn't taking up to much of his all important time, he would let her treat him to a shower, or a speaking seminar. Still, it isn't always a bad thing when people talk to much. In many cases it just meant asking fewer questions and getting more answers.

She worried slightly that someone as he is would take full advantage of the opportunity of a free meal. She wasn't broke but certainly not rich after all. Seeing his choice, she wished that he planned on bankrupting her. Gang hideouts generally had more class and suffered far more charming smells. "I'm guessing you have an order in mind?" Dare she ask? Already getting cold feet, she was bracing for whatever gruel came out of this godless filth shack.

Pluton Cronus

Pluton Cronus
"Eh, pizza with most everything on it... probably just a meatlovers and a coke. Garlic bread if you're up for it, but that might be a bit dry." There was a significant change in Pluton since they had entered the restaurant, his voice (while not quiet) was quieter and he sat slouched in his chair rather than standing straight in an attempt to appear large and intimidating. His head was resting on the back of the booth chair as though it were a couch he was relaxing on. He loosed a heavy yawn.

"What was it you wanted again? To know about the area... again? Reacquainting was it? I mean, what bits do you wanna know about? Stuff in the city, big events, stuff with the academy or...? I dunno how much I know that you'll wanna know. There's been some pirates, uhh... guy died on the beach a while back; head of the academy's security talked about that. Kinda wanna fight him one day but I don't really see him around. Uhhh... when were you last here? Has it been like a couple months or?"

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
She couldn't help but be amused by the way he made himself right at home. He looked like he already ate, and was just ready to take a nap. Maybe it was just his average way sitting. A taking the throne kind of thing. She would raise a finger to shout the order to the counter, and took a moment to wonder if his pride made a free meal difficult for him.

"Sounds like I missed more than I thought. It was so quiet when I left, I figured we'd only have one or two things to discuss. As for the question, I haven't really kept track of time." She sighed, folding her hands in her lap. Even though she knew of far more capable students, and that one first year wouldn't have made a difference, there was still a sense of guilt in not being here through all the excitement. It made her wonder if any of the people she knew had died or been wounded.

"Any notable casualties? Damage?.. Are the pirates still relevant?"

Pluton Cronus

Pluton Cronus
"Oh yeah the pirates are still a thing. No idea what's really happening, not been any more dead folks washin' up that I've heard about. Think maybe there's been a couple fights but nothin' too big. That fella who runs the tavern... uhh..." He scratched at his hair, I worked for him once... Creak I think... Creak's Tavern? Yeah that sounds about right. That old dude had something to do with it, he got questioned but he's pretty alright. Didn't seem like a bad geezer."

He huffed a sigh; "Not seen any of them myself though, pirates that is, wouldn't be havin' this problem if I had. Would'a just crushed em and been done with it. Super simple ya know? It's easy for the strong to beat down a couple pirate punks, couldn't be harder than takein' down some dumb Grimm." He went from scratching his hair to his chin, eyes fixed to the sealing rather than paying attention to this new person. "I dunno if I've got much mroe to tell ya about them though, if you were in this for pirate stuff I guess I'm out of it... uhh... what's your name again? Even as long as you've been away you've for sure heard of me, Pluton Cronus, right?"

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Creak? She had a hard time imagining that a tavern owner had anything to do with... Well, anything that isn't related to drinking and sleeping. "And you're sure you remember correctly?" Yín scoffed. "Not to draw your memory in to question. It doesn't seem plausible, I suppose. She moved closer into the the table, crossing her arms towards the middle to express engagement. It may be worth her time question the attention towards events with someone apparently just interested in where they could play glory hound. Then again, maybe that makes them perfect for moments of conflict.

"And not to deride,-" She placed a hand on one of her cheeks with a plain expression. "but the danger in vagrants is always their density, and timing. Harder to fight someone in your sleep" It was something to ponder. Was he really competent, or simply valued intimidation? Complacent in a track record of victories, or a seasoned fighter. Historically speaking, she'd gauge arrogant either way really.

"And it's Yín. Sterling. And no... It's been a while." Extending a hand felt detrimental somehow, so she decided against it. Not like he would notice, absorbed in the ceiling, as he is. Yín curled a lock of hair with her spare hand, chewing up her next words. "You haven't met many other students here I suppose? Richard, Gawain...? Severa?"

Pluton Cronus

Pluton Cronus
Pluton released a groan, he hadn't been recognised? Really? He'd tried so hard to make a name for himself, he'd been thrown out of every major school on Remnant, yet still the name Pluton Cronus didn't inspire the least bit of fear? His name hadn't even reached this lonely weirdo, if that was the case how could he be the strongest hunter on the island? Yet she knew these other names of academy students, sure, some posh weaklings who needed help to get stronger.
"Is Richard that tiny lazy guy? Never met him but I've heard folk grumble about him, sleepin' in some weird places. You remember someone as short as him yet you don't even know my name? Must only remember the people you can beat, repress memories of the tough. You've probably heard of me tons and tried to ignore it!"

Pluton, having mended his pride, scratched through his hair once-more; "I ain't a student so I wouldn't know if they were still about, other names don't sound familiar at all though. But yeah for sure, Creak had something to do with it. Geezer is tougher than you'd think, kinda want to fight him now just to see how tough..."

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yín tilted her head as the man explained how memory retention was directly proportional to height. Still, a smile managed across her face hearing the Richard was in the very same state as when she left. As stubborn as he was, she couldn't honestly express surprise. It was short lived after becoming the subject of Pluton's flawed pride trip. There must have been something to make a person like this. Too many blows to the head during schoolyard scraps. Even that shouldn't cause someone to assume that his name was more likely to tossed around more than someone she personally knew. Though, God-Syndrome was a delusion she could perhaps relate to on some level.

"That's him. He expresses some interesting perspectives on the uses of dust. I knew him when I was still enrolled." She sat back in the booth, looking down at the strands in her grasp. Enrolled. As in past tense. It was a wonder if they would even let her come back if she wanted.  "And believe me, there aren't many interesting things that I forget." She hated to imply to his ego that he might be interesting, but at the very least... Unique? "Have you ever considered that people try to remain hidden when they're strong. Having the upper hand will serve you far better than any power. I try not to underestimate others." She thought back to Gawain, a surprisingly ferocious fighter.

She looked up at the mans eyes in a less telling expression than she had shown throughout the previous conversation. "How many fights have you won anyways? Seems like it must be more than a couple the way you carry yourself." Perhaps it was that being coy was a part of her sense of humor, but more likely, she was curious as to just how great this guy really thought he was.

Pluton Cronus

Pluton Cronus
"Eh?! You sayin' you wanna go at it right now? Yer talkin' to me like I'm some kinda trash! I don't need to hide my power, that's how strong I am. Only weak idiots stalk around in the shadows, it's all about bein' flashy and havin' bravado. If you can't announce yer toughness ya ain't really tough!" As if to punctuate this, still laying back, Pluton threw his fist into his own open palm with a loud smack. "I don't need the upper hand, I can beat down anyone whether I know em or not and whether they know me or not. That's what it means to be strong! No stupid facts gettin' in the way, just fightin'! Don't matter if my opponent knows more, I'll beat em down either way."

"My win to loss ain't important, I'm yet to lose on this island, that's all you need to know. Course when I was a runt I took my lumps, ain't like I've always been this tough, but then I did get thrown out of all four major combat academies." There was a broad, slightly yellow, smile on his face as he said that; pointing a thumb to his chest. "None of em could handle me so I got stuck out here, biggest fish in this tiny pond. They were scared I'd kill eat tigers so they threw me in with the tomcats." His grin would shrink however as his stomach growled, realisation seemed to strike him; "Oi I thought we were eattin'!"

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yín was having trouble imagining being in this persons head. What was it like to be the subject of all of your own thoughts? Maybe she could relate to wanting to fight with high frequency, but it had been a while since she her stomach could handle it. There simply wasn't much left to prove that was worth it. "Speak of the devil." An employee would say in a tone that couldn't possibly sound less interested, dropping the food haphazardly onto the table. "Thanks.." Yín responded with a downward tone of disapproval, waiting for the person to vacate before continuing.  

"So lets assume for a moment someone is just as strong as you are. Are you more or less likely to defeat them if they know how you fight?" Yín leaned into the table again, fairly certain the question would be danced around in one form or another. "Aside from that, most powerful people have reached that point of saturation that makes them sick of it." She would stir the straw in her drink. "Funny how that works. At any rate, I'm not implying I want you to prove it, or that you're weak. I'm only commenting that it's obvious you haven't spent long in the classroom. If you had, you might know that whatever is at the root of what makes you aggressive will only distract you in combat. Should you ever find that even match you want, you'll probably lose because of it... No offense."

Pluton Cronus

Pluton Cronus
Pluton didn't hesitate, not for a fraction of a second. He didn't say thank you to the guy, nor did he give a look to Yin, instead he immediately began to shovel pizza into his mouth; folding one slice atop another for maximum consumption. Between the mouthfuls a sound that bordered on laughter could be heard, grease running down his chin and staining his fingertips. The first dual slice finished he threw himself back, body letting out a great churning noise; the human equivalent to a previously broken down car starting up. He'd only began to hear her again after she said weak. "Yeah well classes ain't my style, as I said; I've been thrown out of all the major combat academies. Even Atlas didn't want me and they'll take on just about anyone, nah brain fighting isn't my kinda fighting. Smash your opponents head on, take whatever they deal you and deal it back in double."

His glasses had lowered, mouth grinning with the occasional chunk of pizza still lodged in the gaps. "What about you though eh? You think you're tough or somethin'? All of those brain fighters think they are till they get rocked before they can make a plan, you're talkin' about what I should be doin' and what should be happenin' to me like you're some kinda pro... but you've been away for a while right? What kinda experience do you really have, eh? Think you can stand to the likes of that weird Richard fella? Or are you enough of a numbskull to think you could stand to me?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum