You are not connected. Please login or register

Muses Guide Us (Closed)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Muses Guide Us (Closed) Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:14 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Sitting on that comfortable seat, staring out into the calm, gentle air of the room, Gawain had his thoughts for his companion then. It was a Friday, a Friday after the catastrophic happenings at Syne. It was also the same day that Gawain asked a fellow musician, Severa, to join him for a while. He saw her a few times during their music class and other obscure occasions, but this was the first time he asked her if she wanted to spend some time playing music with him. He was nervous to say the least, spending more time on his own than most others -it was one factor as to why he hadn't made a team with anyone yet. Nevertheless, he wasn't too sure if she'd show up; she might've had other plans, but at least it wasn't going to be especially different for him than any other day.

As for a song he was going to play, Gawain allowed his thoughts decide for him. Beside Severa who occupied his mind, the thoughts of that tragic day returned when he stood in front of the academy, watching it explode in front of him. For the mute boy, it was sad and somewhat depressing. Even though there weren't any cases of the deceased, the moment of loss was still tragic, almost similar to another. Turning to the piano, Gawain slowly motioned towards his folder, thinking about an appropriate song for the moment. There were times where he played anything, but there were times where he played to his feelings, and now was the latter's case. Pulling out a transcribed sheet, Gawain gently placed a sheet on the holder and the folder in his satchel. Then, after several breaths, exhaled and inhaled, he started playing, keeping his eyes on the sheet while his fingers guided the rest of him throughout the piece.

MUSE

2Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:27 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Severa was currently running down the hallway. She had nearly forgot about Gawain and his offer to play music together. She felt bad for it even if she did remember and was on her way to join him. She would have felt horrible if she would have left him by himself. Gawain seemed kind and gentle, no way she would have missed on there time together. She stopped a second in the hall, wondering about something for a moment. She had thought a while back of a song that would be nice to play along him, but couldn't recall what it was. Since she was close to the music class, where Gawain asked her to join him, she walked the rest of the way while looking in her Scroll for the song she tried to remember. After a while at looking at her scroll, she noticed that they were more than one song that she could do with Gawain, which brought a smile on her face.

As she arrived at the door of the class, she could already be hearing Gawain on the piano, playing a soft but short melody. She stood outside listening, not wanting to disturb his play by entering. She although looked through the small window. Standing on her toes to see clearly, she saw that Gawain was in his usual peace when he's playing the piano. It was odd the way he was so focused when he played, but he seemed to enjoy being in this trance that music brought him.

When he finished to play, Sevy stepped in slowly, waving and smiling at him as she entered. "Hello Gawain, how are you doing? It was a very nice song. I'm sorry if I am late, I think I practically forgot... I'm very sorry, a lot happened lately so, it nearly slipped my mind..." She had an embarrassed smile with a slight blush on her face that appeared more pronounced because of her red skirt as she was wearing her beige-red set today. "I hope you didn't wait too long for me..." She asked him a lot in one go sure, but she knew that it would give her time to unpack her stuff while Gawain would write his reply.

3Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:10 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
As the final notes to the simple melody left their mark on their audience, Gawain noticed the steps of another being enter the room. Turning to greet the new ego, the mute boy instead found a friend. A gentle smile drew itself upon the boy's face as he started to take in that Severa actually came to join him. He was expecting her to be busy with personal things, but there she was, happy and delightful. Her being there made him happy to say the least; Gawain generally appreciated anyone who was company, but there was something special about the girl that stood before him. Nevertheless, without any diddle-daddling or shilly-shalling any longer, Gawain motioned toward his notepad in his satchel and began writing a "hello" and response.

"Hi Sevy, thank you very much for coming. I'm doing fine today, thank you, and it's okay, you don't have to worry. Not many people stop by here, so I'm generally on my own. Nevertheless, how are you? Are you sure you're able to stay for a while?"

When Gawain finished his part of the conversation on paper, he capped his pen, rose from his seat, and approached Severa calmly, only to hand her his reply when she was done packing; he had his hands placed on top of one another, held low and down in front of him as he waited patiently. She was willing to come and spend time with him, so, in the very least, he wanted to be hospitable and kind as he was raised and taught.

4Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
As Sevy looked into her bag, she picked some speakers that she had and placed them near the piano on a table where she wouldn't be too far from Gawain when the two of them would play together. After setting everything into place, she went back to her bag to be sure she hadn't forget anything. Noticing that she had everything she turned to Gawain when he handed her his notepad. She read his answer while slightly humming a random melody that popped in her mind. Nothing renowned, just some random notes that seemed to go well together.

After reading, she smiled at him while handing him back his notepad. "It's a pleasure to be here Gawain and I would have been bothered if I didn't come. The idea seemed to please you so much when you first brought it up that I would have felt terrible for not coming. Also it makes me really happy that you offered me to participate. And don't worry, I don't have to go until my stomach says other wise." She gave him another smile before going for a new question. "So, what do we do now? What were your plans?"

5Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Being as patient as he could, keeping a small smile on his face, Gawain waited for Severa to finish reading his response; the boy was always understanding of those around him, knowing that his disability was the generally the cause of prolonged conversations. Although, he enjoyed the tune that the girl was singing as well: simple and decent. Nevertheless, the slight amount of pleasure came to a conclusion as she handed him back his notepad with her pleasing response. The reply even brought a brighter smile to Gawain's face, knowing that she wanted to be there, and with that, he began writing once more.

"I was wondering if you were still okay with us working on a duo piece together. I don't have a song to offer that we could do one off of, but we could look for one today if you're okay with that. If not, then well, we could work on giving comments to one another's musical capabilities and what areas we can improve on. It's really up to you."

Finishing off his last words on the paper, Gawain handed his notepad back over to Severa after capping his pen with a light smile on his face. He preferred the former option above the other, but he wasn't ready to force anything onto anyone. So, simply, he waited, wondering what Severa was going to say in reply.

6Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:51 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy looked at Gawain as he was yet again writing. She thought that, even if he was the one with the disability, that he was the most calm about it. Most of the time, she heard people complaining about the fact that Gawain is mute, saying that it was complicated to communicate, but it was their problem. They were missing on Gawain's caring nature and on his musical talent. Too bad for them, now Sevy is the one enjoying herself with his company and no one else.

After Gawain has written his reply, Sevy started to read and giggles a bit before answering him. "Of course I want to do the duo, that his why I came here. Isn't that what you wanted all along? And looking for a song together seems like a good idea, which is way I brought my stuff, so we could look with our Scrolls while having the best sound possible. Now, do we get started?"

She gave him another of her smiles before thinking about something. She haven't heard of her other "her" in a while, she would usually do comments on the situation by now. Sevy looked a bit spaced out for a moment before looking back at Gawain. "S-sorry, I think I spaced out. Are we ready to begin?"

7Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:42 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Holding his left arm's forearm, Gawain waited and listened patiently, agreeing with Severa's point on the duo; she was the first person he was ever going to attempt to perform one with, and Gawain was simply ecstatic about playing beside her and her brilliant voice: the sound of it enlightened the mute boy. Nodding his head at proposition with a content smile on his face, Gawain gently took his notepad back from Severa and turned to his satchel, taking a few steps towards it before turning back to the girl with a nod and the same pleased smile.

Advancing towards his bag, he reached inside, removed his rather clean scroll, and gently angled his piano bench towards the table where he believed Severa was going to sit, so they could possibly converse a bit better. Once his preparations were set up, Gawain opened up his scroll and started going through a few of his songs that he listened to and enjoyed ever since he obtained the device; however, most of them, at the moment, were of a similar genre and theme, so it was a little hard for him to settle on a song to suggest out of the many. Eventually though, the boy made a decision, after generating a small revelation in his mind.

Standing up and approaching Severa, after writing a response on his notepad as well, Gawain handed his written suggestion to her, wondering what she was going to say as he then held his scroll in front of her with both of his hands at either end; the scroll had a then-paused song on its display.

"Sevy, I was wondering, we could perhaps do that one song you sang when we met in this room. I don't know the name of it, so I couldn't look it up in my spare time; however, I really did enjoy it. Your voice was lovely, and the instruments harmonized well with one another. But, there's also this song that you can listen to, and if you like it, then we could do this one instead if you want to. I'd have to take some time translating it though, but the choice is entirely up to you, Sevy."

8Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:21 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
As Gawain sat on the piano bench, Sevy sat next to him before taking his notepad again with a curious look on her face as to why he held his Scroll in front of her. As she read his note she quickly understood and started the song to liten to it. It was a nice oriental melodic song with no singing in it and no piano, the two thing that they were respectively good at. She did enjoy the song but wondered what to do with it since there were nothing she could sing.

As she read his note again, she noticed the word "translate" and understood. "Oh, you want us to make our own cover for it. That's a good idea, although I'm not sure I can. I'm only good when it's singing actual words, I can't really sing a melody alone. I know that you're a bit disappointed, but I can't. But, you did love the other song, right? We could do this one maybe? I noticed that day that you were playing air-piano while listening to it." She giggled a bit before looking at Gawain, a little disappointed in herself as she would have liked to be able to do the song Gawain offered, but it was out of her experience.

9Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:18 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Despite the harmonious song's attraction to the two of them, Gawain was a little saddened when his choice of song was turned down; nevertheless, he understood Severa's reasoning behind her decision, accepting as it was. Additionally, the boy accepted the other option of working with the song that Severa sang from before. When he first heard it, Gawain truly enjoyed the song in its fullest, even trying to form the theme with invisible keys set before him; the boy scratched the back of his head with a light smile when the girl stated that she noticed him playing that way when she sang. Nonetheless, Gawain gently placed his Scroll on the piano before taking his notepad back from Severa and sitting back down in his seat, beginning to write a reply.

"Yes, I was pretending to play it on the piano. The rhythm and theme of it was nice and smooth, so I found myself in a trance, in a way. If you still have the instrumentals to the song, then I could try to transcribe it to piano. Or if you found sheets to it, then that's great too."

Handing his notepad over to Severa, Gawain waited in his seat with folded hands, smiling softly at her.

10Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
As Gawain handed his notepad again to Sevy, she looked at it and read his message once more. It was true that it was a rather, not difficult, but rather more complex as it takes more time to have a conversation. Sevy was patient though and would always for him to finish writing. As she read and saw that Gawain was ready to play the song if she could find the sheets for it. Of course Sevy would try her best to find them as it meant she would be playing the song with someone rather than alone this time around. "Of course I'll find them for you. If it means that it'll be easier and faster this way will be able to play together sooner. I'll do my best to find them."

The girl gave him a smile as she started to look through her Scroll in order to look for the said sheets. She really wanted to find them the sooner she could to begin practicing as fast as possible. Although she wondered if Gawain was in the same spirit right now.

11Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:59 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
The boy smiled calmly back at the girl as he gently placed his notepad and pen on the piano, only to wait with a serene demeanor. The way Gawain saw the situation was even if Severa couldn't find the sheets for the song, then there was also the option of transcribing it himself from scratch. There were already a small multitude of songs that the pianist covered throughout his time at Syne, so taking on another one wouldn't be a hassle for him. After all, Gawain was the one who suggested the two musicians perform a duo together, and he simply wasn't ready to give up on her.

Gawain kept his eyes on Severa for a while, plainly watching her; however, before long, his mind began to wonder, and his hand eventually reached the keys of the piano. The boy turned his head towards the white keys, and simply reminisced on the song Severa sang, closing his eyes while doing so. Lovely, calm, emotional, the lyrics and theme inhabited such characteristics, and such traits were more than enough to appeal to Gawain. Absentmindedly, the boy started playing the first eight keys of the instrumental, finding himself in a trance as he continued repeating the same keys for quite some time. It was only when he finally opened his eyes, seeing Severa only a distance away that he stopped immediately and blushed lightly, scratching the back of his head before returning his hands to his lap.

12Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:22 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Severa did her best to find the sheets that Gawain would need in order for the two to play. Before long though, the girl heard Gawain playing the starting notes of the song she was looking for. Recognizing the beginning of the melody, Sevy stopped in her research to look towards Gawain with an amused smile. "It seems like you might not need those sheet in the end." The girl giggled at the reaction of Gawain as he stopped and scratched the back of his head.

Sevy continued to look for the sheet for a while before finally finding them. She wasn't sure if those were exact, but at least it was a good start and probably that Gawain would be able to find anything that would be wrong and adjust it. She placed her Scroll on the piano in front of him. "Sorry if it's a bit small, but at least you have the sheets in front of you, not that you really need them it seems." She teased him a little before smiling and waiting.

13Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:51 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Sitting in silence, keeping his hands folded on his lap, Gawain simply waited until Severa successfully found the sheets on her Scroll. With a tilt of his head, Gawain smiled calmly at the girl as she placed her Scroll in front of the piano, and despite the somewhat small text, Gawain tried his best to make out each note as he began trying to get a total understanding of the song. Each song that Gawain played had some kind of theme to it, a mood that each piece was meant for and could even set the tone if played with expertise. That was one of Gawain's goals in his music skills: to be able to understand music, not just play it. So, with that kind of mindset, Gawain ended up spending a few minutes to himself looking through each note of the piece, shadowing his hands over each key to sync himself to the feel. A master pianist would be able to do better, but Gawain was at least no novice, an adept at the very least.

After some minutes passed by when Gawain tried his best to go through the entire piece in his head, trying to understand the mood from what he remembered when Severa sang and from the notes, the boy finally turned his head over towards Severa with a warm smile, nodding his head once before bringing his attention back to the piano. Placing his hands over the piano's keys, ready to start the piece off, Gawain took one deep breath in and exhaled out, all while his eyes were closed; he wanted to be in the right mood before each piece, not wanting to mess up once and offset the theme, the tone, and feel of the song. A beat passed by, two, three, and the boy opened his eyes to the Scroll Severa set before him and played.

MUSE

Gawain tried to keep a soft, slow pace throughout the piece, sliding his fingers from key to key as his eyes read through the notes given to him. Nevertheless, as it was his first time, there were a few awkward pauses exiting the melody of the piece and entering the melody of the piece. Those were things that he'd have to correct, but as he played the final note, Gawain just felt happy.

Withdrawing his hands from the piano, Gawain turned to Severa, taking her Scroll and handing it to her with a small smile, hoping that she enjoyed the piece even though there were mistakes that Gawain, humbly, found were major.

Last edited by Gawain Egret on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A small inconsistency.)

14Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:17 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy looked at Gawain as he seemed to prepare himself mentally to play the song. He looked so focused that even if she was to giggle, thing that she did, he probably wouldn't notice. She stayed silent as she was waiting for him to be ready while also remembering the lyrics of the song. Sevy wouldn't want to have a blank when her turn would come.

Sevy couldn't help, a moment, but think about how Gawain seemed so much more skilled than her in relation to music. Sure sha always had good comments about her singing, but she always sang out of fun without any real training. Gawain, on the other hand, seemed more like a musician than a hunter to her eyes. Not that it was a bad thing, it seemed just a bit weird for her that someone as talented than him on the piano would study to become a hunter. She wondered what pushed him to follow this path...

The girl was  lost in her thought before noticing Gawain's nod towards her. She returned the gesture and waited for him to start playing. The melody finally started and immediately the girl began to sing along. Her soft voice resonated in the room in harmony with the notes coming from the instrument. The few pauses that Gawain did weren't that bad for a first try, it was even good and it didn't felt to Sevy that awkward. After the song ended, Sevy looked at Gawain with a smile and a small chuckle but remained silent for a moment before talking. "I think it was great, really. Let's go again, shall we?" They did have a while to practice, but the girl seemed motivated to go once more.

~Song~

15Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:54 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Nodding his head in reply to Severa's response to the situation, Gawain turned once more to the piano before looking down at it for a few moments with a blank expression on his face, deep in thought. Throughout his performance, Gawain not only enjoyed the sound and feeling of the song, but the accompaniment of Severa's voice. It was beautiful, melodic, and soothing, just like the first time he heard it. Severa on her own could hold a captivating performance, more so than Gawain himself in his own humble opinion. In a way, Gawain adulated Severa for her musical talent and appreciated her for her kindness and friendship. All of this simply made it easier for Gawain to interact with Severa compared to others.

Raising his head and turning to Severa, Gawain smiled lightly at Severa, scratching the back of his head for wasting a bit of time they had to himself. Glancing at her face, Gawain noted her willingness and determination to continue on, and she simply made him want to continue as well; she had somewhat of that effect on Gawain. Nodding his head at Severa, dropping his hand back to his side, Gawain faced forward at the piano once more, staring at it as he tried to focus in on the notes he just played.

Remembering a piece itself only moments after playing it well for the first time was still an ordeal, even for Gawain. He could've simply asked Severa for her Scroll one more time, but he simply didn't out of awkwardness of taking it back after handing it back. He didn't want to bother Severa with the notion, so Gawain concentrated hard in his mind and on the piano before he began playing once more.

At the start, Gawain was slightly slower than his previous playing, trying to get a full grip on the piece as he tried to remember each and every note there was, but as the song progressed along, Gawain started to understand the piece, playing with more confidence. By the end, Gawain played with the same mastery as he had done before. With more practice, Gawain promised himself that he'd memorize the song to its fullest not for his own sake but also in memory of Severa. Turning to her once he lifted his hands off the piano, Gawain smiled warmly at her, before reaching out to his notepad on the piano and writing a response to Severa, showing it to her after he finished.

"You sounded great Sevy. You're a natural at singing. Also, would you like to take a break for a while? I'd like to think about the song for a bit and understand it in its fullest, if that's fine with you."

16Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy was clearly enjoying that time spent singing alongside Gawain's playing as she seemed to practically jump on place from excitement. Her eye were lit up as he accepted to go again as she really enjoyed the song. Although the song is telling a sad story, it made the girl smile. Probably because the melody was so soothing that she could bypass the sad connotation in the lyrics.

As Gawain started to play once more, this time without her Scroll and simply going with what he had memorized of the song, Sevy stood ready and joined him when she had to with her singing. Even if Gawain was playing a bit slower due to him trying to go by memorization, it didn't felt that odd to Sevy as she was able to follow his rhythm with ease. As they were done, the girl sighed out of content and took a moment to think to herself. She never had a chance to actually sing along someone before and this new experience made her wonder if she was a bit more open to others, other similar experiences could happen.

Severa then turned toward Gawain has he handed her his notepad and she read the message right away with a smile. She was very glad from Gawain's compliment and smiled to him before nodding at his request. "Sure, I don't mind. I'm going to grab a snack then, would you like me to bring you something?" The girl then stood up and handed him back his notepad ad awaiting his answer.

17Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Gently taking his notepad back, Gawain started on his response right away, pleased with the day thus far; any time he spent with Severa was time he personally enjoyed.

"I'll be fine, don't worry. But, is it okay if I join you? I don't really have much to do on my own."

Standing up from his seat, Gawain passed his notepad off to Severa with a light smile, wondering what her response would be. He preferred to spending whatever time he had left with her instead of simply waiting around with his thoughts. In addition, Gawain slightly wanted to know more about Severa; their conversations thus far revolved around music and general knowledge, not anything truly personal. Overall, Gawain was just curious about his close friend.

In any case, if Severa accepted, Gawain planned on taking his bag with him, only leaving his music folder behind as he'd end up returning in the end. After that, Gawain would follow Severa by her side, keeping a calm smile on his face while they went on their way. Before long though, Gawain would try and start a conversation, writing carefully in his notepad as they continued on their walk.

"Sevy, if you don't mind me asking, why did you start singing? I'm just curious about you, is all."

Once he finished with his question, Gawain'd pass off his notepad to her with the same light smile he had, wondering if she would answer or not. Nevertheless, that was all hypothetical if Severa did accept his invitation to join her.

Regardless of the previous scenario, if Severa refused, Gawain sat himself back down, after receiving his notepad and waving Severa good-bye for then. He'd proceed to start practicing the piece he just learned, simply wanting to perfect it in honor of Severa. Nevertheless, Gawain was happy with either scenario if either was true.

18Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:14 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy instantaneously facepalmed herself when Gawain asked if it was okay for him to follow, not because of him asking, but because she realized how she sounded right before, thus making Gawain inquire. "Of course you can, sorry if I made you think that I didn't want you to come along. Yes, please do come along."

The girl left her stuff where they were and just made sure to look at what was where for when she'd be back before heading out. She took the hallway in direction of a vending machine that she knew wasn't far. As they walked, Gawain handed her his notepad and asked what was her reason behind singing. Sevy smiled to Gawain while giving him his pad back. "Well, when I was younger, my mother would always sing to me before going to bed, and also when I was sick to make me feel better. She always had those soft melodies in her head that were soothing me so well. One day, it was my mother who was sick, so I decided to sing for her to get better, like she always did for me..."

As they arrived at the vending machine, the girl bumped it on its side with her rear, causing a candy bar to fall. She didn't even had to pay it. She took it, unwrapped it and took a bite before she continued. "...I just started with humming some melodies that my mom sung before at first, but I quickly jumped into full singing and simply continued after, even when my mom wasn't sick anymore. It just felt nice to sing and I never really stopped after that. Although I never took lessons like my mother did, but a lot of people thinks that I'm made for singing, but it's far more a hobby than a dream for me and it's just fine like that."

The girl smiled to her friend before taking a new bite out of her bar. "Tell me Gawain, can I ask you something in return? If you don't mind, why did you enrolled here at Syne? I mean, you look more like a musician that I fighter in my eyes. You're nice and caring, but I don't see you fighting for some reason. Why not going to a music school instead? Not that I want you to leave, of course not, just... I wonder..." Sevy had an awkward expression on her face. She didn't want her friend to think that she didn't want him around. She just thought that maybe music was closer to him.

19Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:24 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
As expected, Severa's story of her talent was captivating to Gawain; as stated before, Gawain was interested in learning more about his new friend, having grown rather attached to her presence. Paying close attention to every word of her tale she sung, Gawain smiled laughingly, yet calmly, when she used her rear to retrieve a free candy bar from the vending machine. The action was rather cute and silly, but Gawain said nothing of it and continued to listen attentively to Severa.

When the girl finished her answer as best she could, Gawain smiled happily, nodding his head to show that he understood. Soon enough though, Severa asked Gawain a similar question, and he willingly obliged, taking to a new set of pages in his notepad.

"It's okay Sevy, but it's a bit of a long story, so I'm sorry if this takes a while.

I enrolled at Syne, because I wanted to follow a path that was somewhat different than my foster family. They're all academies that train its students to become strong Huntsmen and alike, I know, but I wanted to at least finish the path that I started, so that's why I'm here.

However, I don't fight just to protect the people of Remnant against Grimm. I also fight to protect the weak, those that can't protect themselves against humanity itself. That's one of the reasons why I'm here at Syne, but the origin of my musical talent is another reason why I fight.

When I was a young boy, going to my first academy, I ended up in a tragic accident. I was shunned afterwards, and I eventually ran away from my home. Alone as I was, I traveled around from place to place until I met someone who I considered my true family. She was a nice elder, living by the countryside and all alone on her own, but she was one of the few people to willingly accept who I was. She gave me a home, a place to stay, and that place was where I learned how to play. With not much to do, the piano soon became an every day accompaniment to our lives, her having taught me basic songs and pieces, and from there, I developed my skills to what they are today.

In a way, she was the person who inspired me to go back to that academy, to finish what I started and continue on the path I'm on now. She provided me with kindness and happiness when I had none, and back then, I wanted to become a beacon of hope just like her for all those in Remnant. Even she herself told me to continue, providing me with the armor and sword I carry today, all from her late husband. If it wasn't for her, then I wouldn't be here, here with you Sevy.

I hope that's a good enough answer for you Sevy; if you have any more questions, then go ahead and ask."

With a calm, yet happy expression as if he was reliving his memories, Gawain finished his lengthy tale, handing his notepad to Severa. He waited in patience, only to stare off to the side and reminiscence on the past he had with his Grandma.

20Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy looked at Gawain's reaction after she had finished her story, glad to see that he liked it. She was also glad that he was ready to answer a question as well and he started to write down on his notepad. Sevy awaited patiently that he finished while eating her candy bar, thing that she had the time to finish before Gawain did writing. When she picked the pad off of his hands when he handed over the message, Sevy read the first line before giggling. "You should have shown this to me before you continued, you know." She tease him before continuing her reading.

The girl was surprised about the past of her friend, not realizing beforehand that he had been through a lot. She re-read the part about the accident before looking at him, a bit worried. "That accident... is that the reason why you're...?" Sevy didn't finished her sentence, having the feeling Gawain would understand that she was referring to him being mute. Her worried expression vanished though when she saw the peace on his face. She understood that even if horrible things happened before, it never stopped him to be happy. As she read the line about the two of them sharing this moment because of those series of events, Sevy blushed a little before smiling and handing him his pad. "I don't have any question in mind right now, maybe you do though?" The girl smiled to his friend before starting to slowly walk back toward the class where they came from.

21Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:03 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
The embarrassed boy gently scratched the back of his head, assuming that Severa was eventually going to peek over and read the first line; furthermore, Gawain even allowed space for her to read the statement. Regardless of Gawain's actions, the mute boy took the small tease as his own fault, eventually ignoring the thought as Severa continued reading. When she eventually questioned him about the accident, only stopping before she finished, Gawain himself lightly smiled on the statement, knowing the truth behind the statement. Even so, the boy was going to tell Severa what he meant by the accident, partially wanting to know if she was willing to accept him knowing what he did. As Severa came to the end, Gawain gently took his notepad back, listening to what she had to say before answering with a content smile on his face.

"Well, I do have something in mind, but I'd like to clarify about that accident first.

I'm a mute from birth, and the fact I'm a mute was one of the reasons why I was ostracized so greatly after the accident. The accident itself, however, was of my own doing.

I handicapped someone, stopping their career early. After that, people thought me as insane, berating me and shunning me in case of another incident. I didn't blame them back then, and even now in retrospect, I believe that I was a foolish boy. Nevertheless, I believe I've changed for the better.

Withstanding that fact, I'm a bit curious about you Sevy. Why did you come to Syne, why do you want to be a Huntress? Despite that incident on the day we arrived, I see you as a nice, kind, and friendly person overall, so why?"

Passing his notepad off to Severa, Gawain waited patiently for her response and reply as they continued on their way to the room, seeing it at the end of the hallway they were at. He hoped their standing with one another wouldn't change after his clarification.

22Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:56 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy gladly took the pad once more to read what Gawain wrote. The girl's expression went from her usual happy look to a one a bit more sad as she read. The fact that people simply shun him for an accident, she thought that those people were horrible.  She didn't want to inquire more about the accident, like about what happened exactly or who was involved beside Gawain because she feared it would bring back sadder memories to her friend.

Now knowing even more about her friend's past, Sevy looked at him, without reading the last part yet. She stopped walking and went to hug him. She stood there silent for a moment be talking. "It must have difficult on you, even if you became a better person after..." She hugged him for a moment before backing up a bit awkwardly. She gave him a soft smile before continuing to read.

Gawain's question, or more the mention of the first day they met with that little fight she had, made Sevy giggle. She then proceeded to answer as she handed the notepad over to him. "Well, the reason is simple really. My dad was once a Huntsman before he had an encounter with a Grimm that took his leg as a personal trophy. He is the one who thought me to use Dust the way I do, so it is my way to honor him in a way. To be fully honest, I don't know if I really want to be a Huntress, but I have no idea what else I could do. And I know that you'll suggest me to become a singer, but I don't really like to sing in front of masses or recording myself. I just like to sing for fun, for me and my friends. So yeah, if I'm here it's because of my dad, I want to make him proud of his little girl." Sevy then looked at Gawain and smiled once more. "Anything else you'd like to know? I personally can't come up with any question right now"

23Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
As the girl approached him, hugging the boy for a moment, the boy was clearly taken aback. Surprised as he was, he simply gazed at her before slowly raising arms to hug her in return, although he did so late as she already let go. With a light blush on his cheeks, Gawain looked off to the side and gently scratched the back of his head; the last time he was hugged was years ago, when his grandma died. Having Severa hug him then and there was strange but nevertheless pleasant to him.

Turning his head back to listen to the girl, Gawain started slowly once more towards the classroom. As she stated herself, the reason why she was there was quite simple when she explained it, but even if she was only there for her father, Gawain truly believed that Severa could become a Huntress if she really wanted.

Smiling back at Severa when she answered completely, he took to his notepad and began writing calmly, interested about her comment on why she sang.

"Well, Sevy, I think you really do have the potential to become a Huntress. As long as you just try your best then I'm sure you can do it.

As for a question, would you eventually like to show this duo song off to your friends? I don't know if they'd like to hear the song or if you want to at all, but I think it'd be a nice idea."

Stopping outside of the classroom door, Gawain finished his reply and handed his notepad to Severa with a calm smile before opening the door and waiting for her.

24Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:05 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy continued to walk along Gawain, noting his reaction to the hug and giggled a bit, finding it somewhat funny and cute from him. As he was writing, she was thinking about her parents. She hasn't wrote them ever since she came, and she suddenly felt bad about it. Not sending news to her parents, they most have been worried sick about her. Although, Sevy thought back of the face her dad has when she left for Syne, it was filled with pride and trust, so he was probably sure that she was doing fine. Her mom though was probably panicking. Just imagining her mom running around the house like a headless chicken with her dad being: "She's fine, the school would have called if anything.............unless the school exploded or something... he he..." and her mom being even more panicked afterward. Thinking about that made the girl laugh. She would surely visit them during the holidays...

As they were back in front of the classroom and that Gawain held her the door after handing her his pad, she thanked him before entering the room and reading. As she read Gawain's certitude in her to be bound to become a great Huntress, Sevy looked at him to thank him properly. "Thanks Gawain, I appreciate your confidence in me. I'm sure you'll be a great Huntsman too, you have what it takes in you." She smiled to him before continuing to read. At the question to play the song they were practicing to her friends at some point, Sevy looked upward and thought. "Maybe... I don't know yet though. You'd have to play with me for sure, would you be ready to play for others? But, lets better ourselves with the song first and see how it goes, alright?" She handed him back the notepad before sitting on the bench of the piano with her usual smile.

25Muses Guide Us (Closed) Empty Re: Muses Guide Us (Closed) Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:11 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Nodding his head at Severa's response, Gawain gently took back his notepad as he followed her into the room with the same calm smile, closing the door behind them. Then, returning to the piano, Gawain looked over at Severa as he set down his notepad on the grand; a gentle yet happy expression lied on his face. Furthermore, when he sat down beside Severa, staring at her for a moment, Gawain realized how happy he was to have her as a friend; she was one person who could make his day better by him just talking to her. One could even say that he grew rather fond of his new companion. Yet, such a statement would only result in a blush from Gawain, not a denial.

Raising his hands to the piano, Gawain stared at the keys for some moments, trying to remember how the piece went in its entirety; however, after about a minute passed by, Gawain embarrassingly scratched his head and looked over at Severa with a slight shrug. Pulling out his Scroll, he tried to ask Severa for her scroll to look at the music by pointing at his Scroll, placing it on the grand's stand, and pretending to play the piece before placing his Scroll away in hopes that she understood what he meant. His set of actions was, admittedly, embarrassing, but he tried to be as clear as he could for her.

If she did, however, supply him with the sheets for the piece, Gawain gently settled her Scroll on the piano's stand before going through the piece once more in his head. After about a minute passed when Gawain was finally ready, he nodded his head at Severa with a calm smile before settling his hands on the keys, and just like before, the boy started playing, truly dedicated to the work of their duo.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum