You are not connected. Please login or register

The Trade of Dust (Dust Merchant Shadow Mission/Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
MUSE

The boy held one hand on his satchel and another by his side as he ventured further into the plaza with a new acquaintance, Sammey White. The two happened across one another only day before, and then they ended up heading on a Shadow Mission together. While his choices were a bit obvious on who he wanted to visit and meet, Gawain suggested the two shadow Mr. Cryssalys due to Sammey's attuned nature to Dust. Additionally, Gawain thought it nice to learn more about the capabilities of Dust across the entire world; as a student, he learned about it in his reading and the lessons given, but hearing it from a real life applicant would enlightening, at least to him. Furthermore, Gawain never truly utilized Dust in combat himself, only dabbling in the arts along with its every day applications, so the shadowing would prove to be quite the experience.

As the two eventually made it to the store, labeled Dusty's Crystal Emporium, Gawain took a moment to himself to examine the shop through the windows. The inner workings of the shop were quite interesting to him; as always, there were different types of Dust in respect to their elemental attributes as well as different forms of Dust too. Nevertheless, after the slightly extended period of examination, Gawain approached the door and held it open for his companion with a light smile on his face, waiting for her to enter before he did.

Sammey White

Sammey White
Sammey had a little satchel as well, she was so happy to be going to a dust shop and she'd be going to with Gawain Egret. Gawain didn't really talk much so Sammey didn't talk much she did want to say the wrong thing and she didn't ever know what to really say. She does use dust a lot with she fights grimm with her dust arrows. She was waiting to see the person she would be shadowing would prove to be quite the experience.

Than a little later both her and Gawain came to the place Dusty's Crystal Emporium. Sammey was looking at the place if had a old and welcoming feel to it. Than she seen Gawain walk to the door and held it open with a little smile. She than nodded and smiled back and walked in and stopped and waited for Gawain to come in.

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
The boy entered the store shortly after Sammey did. Closing the door behind him, Gawain examined the inner workings of the store as he headed towards the counter with Sammey by his side; the shop contained all of the goods a common Dust-user needed, plus it looked pretty while doing so with the silver glimmer across almost every glass panel. The idea of the store being the largest provider of Dust in Bellmuse didn't seem wrong, at a glance. There was also the adamant point that most Dust suppliers, in order to attract several consumers, would stock, in the very least, the most utilized types. Nevertheless, the mute boy thought to himself for a second as to what else there was about the Dust economy that caused one business to rise above others before stopping himself as that was a section of life he didn't know; there was also the sudden incoming voice speaking to the two students.

"Oh hello there. Do you two need any help in purchasing Dust?" the somewhat old man asked with a calm look on his face, slightly hunched over. The man's identity though was quite clear, to Gawain at least, that he was the notorious owner of the store, Dusty Cryssalys; Gawain simply knew based on his appearance on the board where Sammey and he signed up for their mission. Responding with a calm shake, Gawain pulled his notepad out of his satchel, placing it on the glass counter that separated cashier and customer, and withdrew his pen from the spiral binding as he turned to an empty page to write on.

"Hello, Mr. Cryssalys. My name is Gawain Egret: guh-wain, e-gret. The girl beside me is named Sammey White, and we are both students from Syne Academy. We came to shadow you and learn about how your store is able to manage being one of the greatest providers for Dust in Bellmuse."

Turning his notepad towards Mr. Cryssalys, Gawain capped his pen and rested it on the white glass as he waited with a calm smile on his face, wondering what the man was going to teach them.

Sammey White

Sammey White
Sammey than looked back to see Gawain close the door and than walk up to the counter. She than just fallowed hi over to the counter. As they walk to the counter Sammey looked around at all the dust she was like a kid in a candy shop. Sammey wasn't paying attention on what was in front of her and almost walked into the counter. Than a voice called out the the two students Sammey jumped back a little as a old man walked over to them. Once she seen the man and he asked if they wanted to buy some dust Sammey head looked up about ready to say yes.

Than Gawain notepad and pen from the spiral binding as he turned to an empty page to write on. Sammey than stayed quiet and let Gawain said what he needed to say.

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
The old man lowered his hand to raise the note to eye-level, a bit surprised at why the boy was writing, but he soon understood the situation, placing the notepad back down and pushing it back to its proper owner. "I see then. Gawain and Sammey. What lovely names. My name's Dusty, Dusty Cryssalys, but I suppose you two already knew that didn't you. Nevertheless, I suppose I can tell you about the Dust industry and then how I started this business," the old man stated calmly and as clearly as he could while he exited from behind the counter into the open space. Sparing a light smile, he approached the two students with his hands behind his back before beckoning them to follow him through the shop for a small lesson.

Turning towards Sammey, Gawain gave an accepting nod with the same smile as he retrieved his pen and notepad from the top of the display case, depositing them into his satchel before following Mr. Cryssalys around. Gawain himself wondered what the man had to teach, intrigued by the simple idea of how one thing lead to the next, although such a desire was just simple curiosity, given such a situation. Anyhow, Gawain kept his attention on Mr. Cryssalys as the old man told his lecture to the two of them, not bothering to check if they were listening, however.

”Well, the Dust industry is pretty much just the business behind managing all products of Dust and being able market it off to consumers. Many Dust businesses today are relied upon by the people of Remnant, and so most businesses, if they can probably start off, can live selling Dust. However, there's also the problem of obtaining said Dust products; they're not so cheap and require a substantiate amount of income to receive the best quality Dust the market can sell. Luckily, my business is able to fulfill that required amount and keep a decent amount of income for each employee, as well as me, of course. Other businesses may have a hard time getting off the ground, however, but I'm sure that every rising Dust company has a chance to make it in the world...Now, what else do you two want to know?” the old man stated after quite some traveling through the shop, turning to see Gawain, and possibly Sammey with a content face, not troubled by anything at all.

Sammey White

Sammey White
Sammey turned a little red when the name said there name ware lovely. She than covered her face tyring to hide her red face form the two guys around here. Than Dusty was done read we walk out form behind the counter and waved the two over to fallow him. Than Gawain whit a smile and a nod grabed his notebook and started to fallow Dusty and once again Sammey fallowed Gawain's lead. As the was walking up to Dusty Sammey was naming off the diffident kinds of dust he had in her head.

"Well" Sammey heard a voice it was Dusty and it sounded like he was going to say something so she looked at him. ”Well, the Dust industry is pretty much just the business behind managing all products of Dust and being able market it off to consumers. Many Dust businesses today are relied upon by the people of Remnant, and so most businesses, if they can probably start off, can live selling Dust. However, there's also the problem of obtaining said Dust products; they're not so cheap and require a substantiate amount of income to receive the best quality Dust the market can sell. Luckily, my business is able to fulfill that required amount and keep a decent amount of income for each employee, as well as me, of course. Other businesses may have a hard time getting off the ground, however, but I'm sure that every rising Dust company has a chance to make it in the world...Now, what else do you two want to know?” Sammey than started to think of something to ask Dusty

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
When the time came for Gawain and Sammey to reply, Gawain was more immersed in the knowledge that Mr. Cryssalys had to offer that Gawain was taken aback for a few moments, trying to think of something on the spot. He even turned to Sammey to see if she had something to say on the topic at hand or something to ask, but she was thinking as well. Turning back to Mr. Cryssalys, Gawain gently scratched the back of his head with a slight smile, looking down at the ground and off to the side as he contemplated on what there was about Dust he was confused, curious, or just plain interested even if there was no reason behind the attraction. Several moments passed by until one did come up, however, Mr. Cryssalys was exploring his own store by then, taking some time to just walk around in the silence with a content air around him.

"Well, do you two have anything to ask me before we move on with our lesson? I can see that you've both been thinking for quite a while, so do you have anything for me?" Dusty asked comfortingly and quietly as he stepped in the open of the shop, smiling lightly at the two.

Gawain turned to Sammey first, waiting for her to ask before he did himself. He was sure that whatever Sammey wanted to ask was going to be valuable information in the end.

Sammey White

Sammey White
Sammey was thanking about somethings and looked at the floor and slowly started to raise her hand. Her hand was shaking like a leaf "I-i-i hav-have one.......ho-how do you store th-the dust with out i-it being set off?" Her face was just red and her whole body was  shaking as bad as her hand. Sammey than started to over do it again she had to clam her self down like now. She than looked up a little at Dusty her head still down. "So-sorry ab-about th-this." She than covered her face so she didn't see the funny looks she may of been getting form Dusty and Gawain. Sammey than started to feel a little light headed and was about ready to pass out form this. Dusty was a little lost on why the young girl was soo scare for asking something he asked the two young kids ask him.

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Gawain tilted his head at Sammey's frail nature, frowning lightly as he started to worry about her. When they first met, signing up for the shadow together, Gawain noted that she was frail and shy; she was the type of person that Gawain wanted to guide and protect. In a way, Sammey reminded Gawain of his past self when he was a child.

Approaching Sammey, Gawain gently placed his hand on Sammey's shoulder, petting it lightly with a light smile on his face to encourage her that everything was okay; if he could've said something, then he would have, but he hoped that was enough.

As for Dusty, he continued smiling after he noticed Gawain's kindness to Sammey, hoping that she was going to be okay with the boy's help. "Well, Sammey, the process is actually quite simple. After obtaining Dust in one of its appropriate forms, we then store it in the back of the shop, located there," Dusty turned and pointed at a door behind the glass counter of the shop before turning back to the two, "The Dust is generally stored in separate sections: container glasses for powdered Dust and small containers for Dust crystals and then shelved for sell and display in the main area of the shop. As for the Dust being stored without setting it off, the shipping and receiving process is very delicate. Dust that we obtain is generally stored in the same containers they come in with. We just have to make sure that the Dust isn't disturbed when it's being lied around."

With a somewhat lengthy explanation, Dusty finished with a nod and kept his eyes on the two of them. "I hope that was enough of an answer for you Sammey. If you need to know anything else, then please do ask. As for Gawain, do you have anything you'd like to know?"

With his hand still on Sammey's shoulder, petting it lightly to try and calm her down, Gawain shook his head and smiled back at Dusty, ready for whatever lesson he had to give then.

Last edited by Gawain Egret on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Sammey White

Sammey White
As Sammey was about to have something like a panic attack or a hart attack on how she was feeling. Sammey face started to turn a red till a hand landed on her shoulder. The little color she had was now gone as she froze in fear and was about ready to pass out. She slowly turned her head to see Gawain with a light smile and just looked at him for a sic before giving a shy almost fearful smile. Than Dusty started to kind of smile than tell the tow on how the dust was stored and were it was at in the shop.

"I hope that was enough of an answer for you Sammey. If you need to know anything else, then please do ask. As for Gawain, do you have anything you'd like to know?" Sammey looks at dusty and nods with a fearful smile and looked back down waiting for Dusty to tell them were to go or do next.

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
MUSE

Dusty nodded his head and turned slightly away as he began thinking to himself on what else there was to tell the two students. One of them seemed so intent on learning, always paying attention to whatever the old man said, while the other seemed quite fearful whenever she spoke. Dusty wondered if that was her true nature or if she simply had a hard time talking to others. Nevertheless, as Dusty started thinking more about what he could say, the old man's brain couldn't come up with anything more to say. Returning behind the counter, speaking as he did so, Dusty kept his calm eyes on the two students with a calm voice as well, "Unfortunately, I don't have much else to tell you two as of right now. You've learned quite a bit about the Dust business itself, but if you do want to get into it yourself as you grow older, then don't be afraid. I'm sure you'll all succeed in the end."

Smiling lightly at Dusty's caring demeanor, Gawain slowly departed from Sammey's side as he advanced forward, writing in his notepad a polite response and good-bye.
"Thank you, Mr. Cryssalys for your teachings. We've both learned from this experience, and I'm sure we'll see you some time in the future as well. Until then, good-bye.

Showing Dusty his notepad, Gawain bowed after the man responded with a gentle nod. Heading over towards Sammey, the boy began writing yet another response, this time on another, separate page, showing it to the girl he came with.

"We're free to go now Sammey. I have nothing to do at town, so I'm going to go back to the academy. If you have nothing to do, then would you like to come with me?"

Showing his note to Sammey calmly, Gawain waited for her response, no matter how soft it was. As for Dusty, he simply waited at the back of his counter, smiling softly at the two as he waited for business.

Sammey White

Sammey White
As Dusty walked back to behind the counter he told the two that they can lave now if they wanted for he had nothing more to tell them. Than Gawain pulled out his notebook and started to writing something as he walked over to dusty. Sammey stayed back she didn't know if it was something he didn't want her to see or not so she waited for him to come back. The two nodded than Gawain walked back to Sammey writing something again for her seeing as how he was walking to her but she just waited to see. He than headed her the notebook and it read "We're free to go now Sammey. I have nothing to do at town, so I'm going to go back to the academy. If you have nothing to do, then would you like to come with me?"

Sammey nodded but first she rain over to Dust and bowed "Th-thank you vary much." and rain back to Gawain and head back to the school. She was happy she came with him and was also ready to get something to eat at the school.

~Exit~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum