You are not connected. Please login or register

How a first day should be [Open/Hunt]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
"What do you mean I have to board a ship?! And you're telling me this NOW?!"

Averia could think of a few instances when she found herself in stupid situations, but this one takes the cake. Or was it the bacon? Whichever. All that mattered to her now was that she was there, standing in the middle of nowhere - nowhere being a blue vicinity of nothing but trees - looking like an complete idiot with her pink luggage in tow. She couldn't believe she made such a stupid mistake. Of all things, it just had to be transportation. In her defense though, no one told her anything.

Today was supposed to be her first day in Syne Academy. However, with the rate she was going, not only would it be her first day, it'd be her first absent as well. How the hell was she supposed to know she had to take some fancy flying ship just to get to school?

Averia sighed as she placed the phone back on her pocket and stopped on her tracks. She glared at a random stone as though it was her mortal enemy.

"What am I supposed to do now, huh? Tell me. Tell meeh!" she growled, kicking the poor rock in frustration.

With a small huff, she turned around, folded her arms beneath her chest and scanned her brilliant blue gaze around the area. Since she practically missed her first class anyway, she might as well make the most of it. The thought of that made her grin.

She was going to find something fun to do... something to make her first class worth missing... something a first day should be.

Kei

Kei

Kei

Kei was out in Finnek Forest hunting. It was a job given to him by the Academy, a job he had no choice but to accept, and a job he didn't want to do. Honestly, he had better things to do, like sleep. Kei's current mindset was to hurry up and get this over with. The sooner he finished, the sooner he could go back. According to the report, there was some reports of Grimm activity on the edge of the forest. His job was simply to go thin out this Grimm activity, less they begin to venture out of the forest towards the Academy itself. At least it was a fairly easy job, which was the only solace Kei could find on this awfully bright morning.

Somewhat attentively moving about the forest, Kei saw a girl off in the distance who seemed to be having a morning more worse than his.
"You know," Kei casually said as he approached her, "I'm not a doctor or anything like that, but I can't imagine kicking rocks to be good for your health. You might end up angering Mother Nature."

Mood: Casual, Attentive
Condition: Healthy
Health: 180
Aura: 130

3How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
"You know..."

The sudden sound amidst the dead forest made Averia flinch and turn to the direction it came from. A human voice! Something she hadn't heard for what felt like forever in her stay in the woods. She scanned the stranger that had arrived. Slick eyes and an intimidating stature donned in a black coat and red scarf. He then proceeded to talk about kicking rocks and angering Mother Nature. That made her chuckle. Averia found him oddly friendly despite his appearance.

"Really? I thought it went along the lines of 'don't keep your frustration bottled up to yourself' or something equally boring like that?" she retorted. She slid playfully next to him but keeping his personal space as she looked up to see him closer. She wondered if he was a student of Syne Academy too, seeing as there's no any other reasonable explanation why a person was randomly wandering around this boring forest.

"So what are you doing here? Missed your flight too? she asked as she took out a gum from her pocket and offered him one.
OOC:

4How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:48 am

Kei

Kei

Kei

"Was that the saying? It doesn't seem to be good advice." Kei said in a neutral tone, but was entirely joking, "I mean sure, its only rocks now, but what if you get carried away? Soon, its no longer just rocks, but random things like puppies. I'm not the largest animal lover-hippie, but even to me, that seems a bit mean."

"I'll pass on the gum." Kei said before he got to her other question, "My doctor says I need to watch my blood sugar."

"Not quite," Kei said casually in response to her question, "I'm supposed to be tracking down Grimm right now."

Judging her question and her luggage, Kei went ahead and assumed she was a new student headed for Syne Academy, but for some reason she must have missed her flight. That part made sense. The part that didn't was why she was trying to walk through the forest with all that luggage on her to reach the academy.

"New student?" Kei asked curiously, "Just a guess. You know, your probably going to end up being late on your first day. Classes and role call probably started by now. I wouldn't be too worried about it though, it is the first day afterall. If anything, blame your tardiness on the faculty for unclear instruction on how to get to Syne Academy. I mean, its well passed my first day of school, but I still blame things on the faculty. I might not be their favorite student, but hey, I don't lose sleep over it."

5How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:22 am

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
"Soon, its no longer just rocks, but random things like puppies. I'm not the largest animal lover-hippie, but even to me, that seems a bit mean."

Avery couldn't help but laugh at that statement. Her first impression of him being intimidating crumbled the moment he opened his mouth. "You, my friend, is a master of stretch," she teased as she shook her head.

Passing on the gum, Averia shrugged and muttered a small "Suit yourself," before taking one for herself. She popped a bubble as she listened to him accurately state the agonizing situation she was in yet giving an unconventionally smart idea of blaming the staff for missing her flight. Where have you been all my life?! she thought with a grin. He could pass as that perfect troublemaker friend to join you in all the antics and shenanigans.

Averia walked to her luggage and took out two gun holsters, both containing a desert eagle pistol. Its surfaces shone a metallic gold. "Well, since I missed my first class and since you're out in a hunt, mind if I join you? Something to kill time. And it'll make your job easier too," she said as she strapped the longer belt holster on her hip before going down on one knee and strapping the other on her ankle. She looked at him as she fixed the holster.

"What do you think? I'll try not to take your kill. No promises though~" she chuckled.

6How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:52 am

Kei

Kei

Kei

"Sometimes," Kei responded when she called him the Master of Stretch, "Good looks isn't enough to get by in life with. I've gotta make do with other talents."

Kei noted the weapons she was using. It seemed to be two handguns, thought the type was difficult to make out since they were both in the holster. What Kei found most interesting was the positioning of the holsters.

"Join me on my hunt?" Kei pondered for a few moments before finally deciding, "Sure why not? Truth be told, I'm doing this hunt entirely involuntarily. An extra hand will only make this easier..." Kei yawned, "The sooner I finish this the better. Waking me up this early in the morning... They really now how to punish me."

"Also I'll end up taking an Airship back," Kei said remembering the luggage she had on her, "You could catch a ride back with me. It'll save you the trouble of hauling all of your luggage through the Forest. I can't imagine that to be any fun."

"Call me Kei," Kei said last, finally introducing himself.

Ursa

Ursa
TWO URSAS| 100 HP/100 HP | HUNT LEVEL: Medium | GRIMM LEVEL: 1

These Ursas had been successful today: being as tight knit as they were, almost like brothers, they had managed to actually wound a group of humans only just an hour or so ago. These Ursa made a decent team, and they knew they could take on pretty much anyone.

These Ursa journeyed together for a while until the noticed the scent of human. Normally Ursa would charge, but these Ursa had a bit of combat experience, and then moved slowly through the brush until the spied the humans. One of them looked a bit seasoned, but the other looked like fresh meat ripe for the picking. These Ursa still didn't charge, however. One of them quietly as possible moved around in the brush until the were lined up on either side of the humans, then they charge from a rather close distance.

Charging the humans from either side would force them to back into each other and make for a more difficult combat, not to mention possibly hurting one another, and the fresh human seemed unprepared for battle. These Ursas then roared rather loudly for intimidation, and lowered their heads as the planned to bash the humans into one another.

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
OOC: kay, sorry for the wait. Finally got my char sorted out.

IC:

Averia had discovered a new found friend in the form of this witty narcissistic lad beside her. His comment about his good looks made her grin, all the more so when he offered a ride back with him on an airship. "Wow! Such a gentleman," she stated half teasing and half grateful. She let her eyes roam on his features, his clothing to be precise. Aside from the obvious fact that she was very casually checking him out, a ringing thought at the back of her mind made her wonder where his weapon was. The fact that he was out in a hunt meant he was prepared. This certainly intrigued her.

The girl was just about to ask the question when two giant boars emerged from the brush and charged towards them. Averia wasn't prepared. They were supposed to hunt, not the other way around. Pure instincts kicked in and a ten foot ice pillar shot up from underneath her, sending her off the ground into the air.

"My god! Can't a girl have her alone time with a hot guy for once?!" she glowered still in the air, whipping out her guns and aimed it on the boars. Oh hello there, she smiled, just then realising they were grimms. Ursas to be precise.

She rained down bullets on both Ursas as her eyes shifted to where Kei would have been. Averia hoped he didn't get squished by the two, or worse, got hit on the chin when the pillar shot up since she was pretty close to him. As she descended from her fall, she planted both feet on the side of ice pillar, and kicked off, giving herself a push towards the direction behind one of the grimm. She flipped back, landing on the ground a good distance from it and this time fired bullets to its... butt. She then dashed to her side, firing golden guns on the grimm's right ankle.

Battle Log:

9How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:44 am

Kei

Kei

Kei

The sudden arrivals of the two Ursa's caused Kei to instinctively take a defensive stance. He quickly analyzed the situation and decided that the oncoming attack would probably be a bit difficult to block, as the Ursa's were coming from both directions. Kei's left hand jumped to one of the coils of weighted wire on his belt and threw it at a sturdy tree branch directly above, causing the end of the wire to securely wrap around the tree. Instantly, the wire began to automatically retract, pulling Kei up out of range of each of the Ursa's attack range. Looking behind him, Kei also saw that Averia had chosen to dodge in a similar direction.

"Only hot?" Kei simply said in response to Averia, "Don't undersell me."

Kei watched as the duel pistol wielder unloaded a bulletstorm, then charged at one of the Ursa's and began to unload an attack on it. As the wire had pulled Kei to the tree branch, it began to come loose and began to retract back into his belt. Before he could fall, Kei pushed off of the bottom of the tree branch with his legs, propelling himself at the same Ursa Averia was currently attacking. A combat rule Kei had grown up learning was quickly eliminating opponents. For Kei and Averia to focus on taking one Ursa quickly instead of each fighting their own was far more efficient. Battle was the control of advantage, and 2v1 fight was far more advantageous than a 2v2.

As Kei reached the Ursa, he flipped his body around, causing his foot to impact the armored skull of the Ursa heel first. Using his continued momentum, Kei continued to swing his fist around downward towards the back of the unprotected neck of the Ursa. In this midst of this punch, Kei began to charge electricity within himself, furthering the effectiveness of this punch.

Mood: Casual,Attentive

Damage, Health, Aura:

10How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Ursa

Ursa
TWO URSAS| 0 HP/70 HP | HUNT LEVEL: Medium | GRIMM LEVEL: 1

Both these Ursa's were shocked that the humans were able to avoid their attack so easily, and had they not stopped short, they would have rammed right into each other. However, there was no room to defend or perform a counter attack, and the slightly younger Ursa was filled up his arse and had his ankle shattered with steaming hot lead. He may have been able to survive...had the other human not focused him and punched him in the back of the neck. The last thing the Ursa saw was his fellow Grimm before everything faded to black and he began to disperse.

The older Ursa came out of things relatively unscathed, only a few bullet wounds...but he saw his fellow Grimm fall in battle...and he became enraged. With a mighty roar this Ursa charged after the closest enemy, which happened to be the male human, and with all his mass and fury he attempt to claw the face of the human...and with all the force, it could very well take off half the fool's face.

11How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
"Only hot? Don't undersell me."

Averia's eyes moved towards the man who had just finished kicking and electrocuting the poor grimm to its demise. She had also witnessed his weapon of choice from before which, might she admit, was creative and interesting. She grinned and licked her lips as she started to reload her guns. "I'm sorry, my lord. Your presence had such overwhelming allure that words could not express the sheer awesomeness of your existence," she said with a grin.

Click. When the guns were all set, she dashed forward, firing bullets targeting the grimm's eyes as much as she could. She was well aware of her partner's situation but she trusted him enough to do something about the incoming attack. He was a Syne Student, which meant he was skilled. And besides, she didn't want to get in his way.

When Averia was near behind the grimm, she targeted the spikes on its body until one of them broke. She returned one gun her hip holster and the other she bit so that both her hands were free. Catching the broken spike with one hand, the other grabbed one of the Ursa's still attached spikes and used it to pull herself up on the back of the grimm. She climbed up towards its upper torso and utilized her strength to stab the Ursa with its own spike. She kept her hold firmly on an attached spike to prevent herself from getting thrown off. She pulled the broken spike, then drove it back down.

Battle Log:

12How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:38 am

Kei

Kei

Kei

Kei shook his head in response to Averia, and casually said, "Wow. I can tell you're joking now. I was dead serious ya know?"

The second Ursa was much faster than Kei originally expected and he failed to completely get out of the danger zone in time. As the wire began to pull him up, the second Ursa came and pounded Kei. Kei braced the pound with his arms, and his kevlar lined, reinforced trench coat would stop most of the attack. The attack still knocked him back, forcing the weighted wire which was directly secured to a tree above him to come loose around the branch and retracted on its own back into Kei's belt. Kei not only got pushed back, but he also fell to the ground.

Kei wasn't too high off of the ground to begin with, and easily caught his footing as he slid back. Kei looked up to see that Averia began to attack the second Ursa. Averia seemed to have build up momentum with her attacks which would probably take the attention of the Ursa, leaving it completely open to his attacks.

Kei reached down toward a coil of weighted wire with his left hand, and threw the end of it towards the neck of the Ursa, with every intention of having the wire wrap securely around the neck of the Ursa. As the wire would successfully wrap around the Ursa's neck, Kei would pull it, causing choke-like damage on the Ursa as well as closing the distance between himself and the Grimm. In unison to the tug on the wire, Kei sent electricity dancing from his left hand into the wire into the neck of the Ursa, causing electric damage at the same time.

The electric tug would close the distance between the two, giving Kei room to make close range attack. Using the momentum from the pull, Kei landed a punch to the neck of the Ursa with his right hand followed by a undercut with his left hand which was still gripping the wire, then he twisted his body around, bringing his right leg around to kick it in the neck.

Mood: Attentive, Combative
Health: 170
Aura: 90

Damage, Health, Aura:

13How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Ursa

Ursa
TWO URSAS| 0 HP/0 HP | HUNT LEVEL: Medium | GRIMM LEVEL: 1

This Ursa was furious that his partner in crime was dispatched so easily, he attempted to slice off the face of the male human, but the human had used some sort of trick and rose up into the air. This reduced the attack to a simple swat that knocked him out of the air but barely injured him, if at all. Furious, the Ursa was going to charge at the the male human again, but was disrupted by a flurry of bullets. Most of them glanced of this Ursa's bone plating, but one managed to hit him directly in the eye. Roaring in pain, this Ursa stopped short of his target and cringed in pain...he didn't even notice one of his spikes be broken off...until he felt a stabbing pain in his back.

This Ursa flailed around in pain, trying to get whatever was on it's back off again, but it's attempts were only met with another stab. This Ursa felt it's strength waning, and it suddenly felt something metallic around it's neck...but it refused to go down without a fight like it's partner. Even though it was choking and tightening this Ursa, he pulled against the pressure and ran with all it's last might towards a nearby tree...and slammed into it, hard. It was then that it felt an electric pulse flow through it's body, followed by the crushing of it's throat by the male human.

The Ursa collapsed, left with only the hatred that all Grimm had for humans, before it felt nothing and it's body began to disperse into black dust.

[You must be...DOUBLE DEAD! bleh~ x_x]

14How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:19 am

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
As the Ursa collapsed, Averia watched her step while she manoeuvred away from the spikes and hopped off the defeated grimm. She took her gun which she was still biting, wiped it and placed it back on the ankle holster. She looked at the awesome guy and made her way towards him while dusting her hands. "Easy peasy. Easier than I thought actually," she pouted, expecting a bit more of a challenge. She stopped in front of him, clasped her hands on her back and tilted her head as she scanned him fully.

"Hmm. You alright? You took quite the damage there. Please tell me it didn't reach your face~" she grinned.

At the corner of her eyes, she spotted her obnoxiously pink luggage and flinched, turning to it in no time. She checked the exterior for any scratches and released a sigh when she spotted none. Good thing it was located good distance away from the fight or she would've raged the hell out of those Ursas if they dared lay a hand on her things.

She turned to Kei and nodded. "Mmkay. So are you still gonna go hunting or are we going back? You decide. Whichever is fine with me."

15How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:40 am

Kei

Kei

Kei

As the Ursa faded away, the weighted wire around its neck came loose and automatically retracted back into Kei's belt. Kei stretched his arm a bit and dusted himself off, a habit he often had after battles. Kei wasn't really a conservative fighter, as he focused on speed and efficiency when fighting. Often burning through energy fast in a fight. Although Kei hadn't spent too much energy on this fight, he was a bit out of breath.

"I got lucky this time, but next time you should jump in front of the attack for me." Kei said casually, joking, but not showing it through his voice, "I'd be able to sleep more soundly at night knowing that my face won't get scarred in battle cause I'll have a human shield."

Kei pulled out his scroll and began calling for an airship.

"No way am I going hunting anymore today, it was supposed to be my day off afterall." Kei said just as casually as before, "So I kinda want to spend the rest of it laying on the beach with a Pina Colada in hand watching beautiful women play in the water. Unfortunately however, I don't think I'll get around to doing any of those, so I'll just settle with the next best thing; sleeping in my bed. Besides, don't you have your first day of classes today? The 'I'm new' excuse will only get you so far before you start getting a bad reputation with teachers. I know I'm not really one to talk, but hey, give me credit, at least I'm not telling you to do bad things, right?"

Within minutes, there was a loud engine in the distance that could be heard approaching. Shortly after, the noise of the engine got close enough to reveal an Airship from the Academy. The Airship stopped directly above Kei and Averia and got as low as it could to the ground before the bottom of the ship began to scrape the treeline. From the bottom of the Airship, a metal platform lowered to the ground. Kei stepped up onto the platform, glad that the hunt was finally over.

-exit-

Mood: Attentive, Combative
Health: 170
Aura: 90

Damage, Health, Aura:

[OOC: If you want to run another hunt, I'd be down, just PM me. We can actually have it start with them both actually on the job together.]

16How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:24 am

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
Averia grinned as the guy was witty as ever. Yep. Definitely her new favourite person. At the mention of her 'first day' though, she choked on her own breath. She had completely forgotten about that! Averia smiled sheepishly as she scratched her cheek. As usual, the guy had a point. Retrieving her holsters, she placed them back on her luggage just as the sound of roaring engine echoed throughout the forest. She turned towards it and bit her lip. Oh. So that's what it looks like. She chuckled to herself, feeling silly for missing her flight in the first place.

With one last look back to check if she had everything with her, Averia boarded the ship and waited to be escorted to the academy where she could properly attend her first day. She peeked at the guy beside her. "Thanks by the way," she said in a whisper. On top of having an easy fun hunt, she had also acquired a new acquaintance. Not bad for a first day.

[Exit]

OOC: okay~ ^^

17How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Empty Re: How a first day should be [Open/Hunt] Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:37 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Loot:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum