You are not connected. Please login or register

A place to stay. [Roommates/Now Closed, all spaces taken]]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hyght Briggs

Hyght Briggs
Hyght followed a few steps behind Bashir until they reached the food line. Bashir had avoided the salad and fruits line, like Gricelda had done, and began to pile his tray with different foods from the main and snack lines. A mile touched the corner of the young baker's mouth as he watched in amusement at how the rat-faunus's eyes grew and his tongue danced over his lips in anticipation for the food. "I'll meet you at the table." Hyght said with the start of a chuckle and filed into the line for the vegetables. He moved along the line and picked up a myriad of different plants, all he knew would help him over the next couple days in terms of fuel. Following the end of the vegetable line, he stepped into the main line and picked up a couple boneless chicken breasts and a small steak and a nice scoop of mashed potatoes.

The view on his tray turned his mouth into a flood. It had been a few days since he last ate food like this. During his journey to Syne he had the opportunity to eat fast food but the young man had a preference for a home cooked meal to fast food. This however didn't stop him from getting a meal from one of the random fast food places they stopped in. He learned that his body shared his preference. Hyght held his tray with one hand and picked up two brown glass bottles of a dark colored liquid, on the side of the container was a label that read Bellmuse Soda Company in small lettering that flanked a large brown barrel with liquid of the same color brown slosh against the mouth of the barrel. Hyght knew from experience that this bottle held the nectar of the gods. Root Beer.

With newly acquired bottles in hand he navigated his way toward the table he noticed Bashir had wandered. To his surprise there was someone he didn't know was sliding into one of the chairs around the table Gricelda and Bashir claimed. Hyght couldn't see the newcomer's face but he took notice of her armor, her long green hair, and her long legs. She was a little shorter than Hyght, if he had to guess, but the closer he got the more he thought she held a long of power in those long legs. "This place has a ridiculous amount of options." He said and his eyes reflected the enthusiasm his words held. He turned his head to the newcomer and gave her a polite nod. "Hey there." He said simply and pulled a chair out with his foot and sat down.

Hyght had positioned himself one chair from Bashir and the new girl and was now seated across from Gricelda. The two bottles tinked together as he set them upon the table and took his fork into his left hand and skewered a few pieces of vegetables. "I'm Hyght." He said before taking the impaled plants into his mouth. After a moment or two he swallowed and gestured to the new arrival with the fork. "What's your name?" He asked and stole a glance to Gricelda and Bashir, the look on Bashir's face made him think the rat-faunus was unfamiliar with the green haired girl. Gricelda had some sort of neutral expression but Hyght didn't see her as the type to have too many friends. Though he didn't truly know Gris, he could be wrong about her. "So are you a friend of Gricelda's?" He asked and took one of his bottles into hand and twisted off the cap with ease before taking a small pull.

Gricelda Mee

Gricelda Mee
Gris was busy sinking her teeth into a chicken legs when this newcomer showed up.  Her eyes dart between the tall armored woman and her fried chicken leg dripping with grease.  As the armored lady begins to speak, Gris slowly sets the drumstick down back to her platter and quickly wipes her mouth of any flacks of breading and fat drippings.  Gris pauses as the girl asks if she could sit her, giving a quick curious lookover.  From first impressions, she seemed athletic and fit for combat.  The girl's manner of speech was... strange but intelligible.  There was something she liked about the girl but struggles with what it is that she likes in her.  Gris opens her mouth but the armored lady adds that she was also her roommate, or at least think she is.  Gris cocks her head to her right, a little surprised to meet her fourth and final roommate here in the cafeteria as she expected to have meet back in the dorm sometime later.  Hearing that she shared the same room number as her, Gris assumed that she speaks the truth.  Gris opens her mouth again only for her to be interrupted by Bashir who welcomes the stranger to sit down as he takes a seat himself.  Gris waits a moment to make sure Bashir has nothing else to say, then pipes open her mouth as she begins to speak.

"Sure!  It's-"

Then Hyght interrupts with a jolly greeting, getting to Gris shut herself up.  This interruptions are starting to grind at her, growling silently and growing more irritable.  Gris gives him a blank stare, watching him graze on plant matter with thoughts of contempt in her mind.  Just when she thinks she has a chance to speak with Chloe undisturbed, Hyght goes on to ask her about her name and if she was her friend.  Having enough of this, Gris takes the chance to answer one of Hyght's questions on the lady's behalf and finally get the chance to speak for once., perhaps coming off as somewhat aggravated.

"I only just meet her!  I don't even know her name!  Uggh....  but she is our new roommate so I guess now will be a good a time as any to learn her name.  Personally, I glad that she our roommate since at least I don't have share a room completely filled with testosterone."

It was actually somewhat a relief for her, it would have been a little awkward to be the only girl in the dorm full of men.  Gris turns to the armored lady and asks in as polite a tone as she could muster at the moment.

"So... to paraphrase the human, what might your name be?  Also..."

Gris leans forward a few inches, asking curiously

"Are you a faunus as well?  Or... are you a human like him?"

Her eyes narrow as she studies the girl... she gets the vibe that the is faunus trying to hide her features.  She likes to think she can sniff out a faunus out from a crowd but... she has been mistaken in the past.

Chloe Erinys

Chloe Erinys
Chloe sat down after the male faunus indicated a spot at the table, cutting the female faunus that appeared to be going to do the same thing. She set down her tray in front of her, her eyes almost shining at the amount of different cheese that was spread in front of her… that and some fries with a steak. Still, mostly cheese.

She was about to answer the newcomer’s question, but the female faunus apparently was tired of being interrupted and took control of the conversation from there. Chloe was a bit unsure what to do so she started eating while the silver-haired faunus was talking. Chloe was also glad there was another girl in her dorm, she didn’t think she’d like being cooped up with only guys. It’s not like she was afraid of being molested and the thought they could try to flirt or be creeps didn’t even cross her mind, she just had a better relation with her sisters than she did with her brothers, since her brothers were actually more brutal in her training. Then again, her family isn’t really a good social basis so maybe she was worried over nothing. In anyway, neither of the two boys that would be sharing her dorm room looked like the type to assault her at night with polearms and throw her through the window… at least she hoped.

When Gricelda, as Chloe just learned was her name from Hyght, asked her about her name and if she was a faunus, the avian faunus just looked at her with a slice of cheese hanging from her mouth. Chewing and swallowing slowly, she started thinking. She hadn’t thought about telling them or not about her heritage. Though she felt stupid thinking about hiding it from them, there was two faunus already in the group and she would be sharing a dorm with them so hiding it would have been hard anyway. She tried to control her accent but it still came out strong. “Ehm… Well me name is Chloe Erinys, nice to meet y’all.” She fidgeted a bit before answering the other question. “Ehm... Yeah, I ain’t human. I do prefer it not bein’ known ta everyone, so I keep me helmet on ta hide me feathers.

Wanting to change subject a bit she turned to the rat faunus. “So how ‘bout ya? What’s ya name?

Kindlingrat

Kindlingrat
"I... I'm not sure I'm as masculine as you are Griz....so you don't need to worry about that..." he chuckles, almost without realising what he's saying. He took a sip of the 'Cola' he'd gotten. It was so sweet, so sugary and bubbly... He wasn't quite sure what to make of it for a moment, so decided to try some of the food instead. He picked up this 'pizza' or whatever it was called, biting on the end of the slice. It was...greasy...and fatty...and it was amazing, with the melted cheese and tomato and meat... He thought for a moment that not a scrap of food at Syne was actually good for you, it seemed.

He looked a little alarmed as the new girl brought everyone's attention to him, lowering the pizza that he'd been eating and looking a little shy. "W...Um, my name is Bashir... I'm...well I'm fairly new to this place, in all honesty..." He sighed, scratcching the back of his head as he spoke. He wasn't good at small talk, or talk in general, now he thought about it. He subconsciously shuffled a little closer to Hyght, before sipping at his drink again, unsure of what to say, but not wanting to leave an awkward silence in the air. ""so... are you native to Bellmuse then, miss?" he asked, cautiously.

Hyght Briggs

Hyght Briggs
The wolf faunus had been talking when Hyght walked into the conversation and butted in. Though he didn't hear her for being caught up in his own thoughts. When he interrupted she snapped back with agitation. This made Hyght smirk and incline his head in apology. He listened to the three roommates talk. The newcomer, Chloe, was apparently a faunus and used her helm to hide the feathers that resided upon her head. Hyght took another pull from his drink and glanced at her helm, curious of what her feathers looked like. Following her response to the easily riled Gricelda, Chloe spoke with Bashir and inquired for his name. Bashir, the most bashful of the group from what he has seen, stammered for a moment before he answered.

Hyght decided to remain quiet and clear away from of the food on his try as they conversed. He found that Bashir liked to ask about people being native to Bellmuse. Perhaps he was looking for someone that wasn't and would regale them with his knowledge of the land. The idea made Hyght wonder what Bashir's up bringing was like, how he learned to use Dust, and what the story behind the Grimm mask was. Similarly, he wondered about Gricelda's past. Her connection tothe White Fang and what drove her to become a Huntress. From what he's seen and heard from her, she had little reservations about telling people about her affiliation with the radical organization of faunus.

As he thought his eyes lingered on each of the inhabitants of the table. They were all faunus but each had a different air to them, same as humans. Each had their own life and up bringing that was unknown to the other. So then why was there so much animosity and bloodshed among the two peoples? Hyght pondered that in silence, his fork moving his food around thoughtlessly. "Seems ridiculous to me." He muttered to himself without realizing he had spoken aloud.

Gricelda Mee

Gricelda Mee
"Heh... knew it."  stated Gricelda with a smirk on her face.  She prides herself in being able to sniff out a faunus in hiding, usually in the more figurative sense than literally.  Gris was a first pleased with Chloe but her initial joy for having another female faunus as roommate evolves into sad pity for the girl who feels she has to hide who she.

"Must you be really that ashamed of who you are must try to hide yourself from the world?  You should be proud of your plumage... not shy away from the fact." says the worried wolf, crossing her arms as she looks to Chloe sympathetically.  

Gris says nothing else as she waits and listens to what Chloe has to say about if she was a native of Bellmuse, waiting to hear if she going to respond to her own remark about hiding her faunus heritage..  One of her wolf-like ears twitch in the direction of Hyght's mummer but ignores him as she couldn't quite make out what Hyght said and she was more preoccupied with Chloe than she was with Hyght.

Chloe Erinys

Chloe Erinys
Cutting a bit of steak, the green haired girl raised an eyebrow at the rat faunus comment. She didn’t think Gricelda looked masculine, why say that? She shrugged, thinking the comment was maybe an inside joke or something. She proceeded to eat while listening to Bashir introduces himself. He seemed to have had a pretty positive yet surprised reaction to the pizza, as if it was his first time eating the meal. It was a bit funny to see. Chloe was also pretty partial to pizza, especially with a lot of cheese on it.

To Bashir question, she had to think a bit for the answer. “Not… really. Ain’t from here for sure, but I ain’t from anywhere else either. I got adopted by a family in a clan of nomad mercenaries, so me home was where the clan camped. So in a way, I did live in Bellmuse for a while, but I ain’t native nah.

As she was talking, she had been trying to control her accent but she still couldn’t do it so it came out strong. She heard Hyght saying that something seemed ridiculous to him and that made Chloe’s mood drop a good bit, she thought he was talking about her accent sounding ridiculous. She tried not to let that fact show but she did redden up some from embarrassment. Maybe it wasn’t her accent and it was about the fact she was hiding her Faunus features? She could accept that better, at least her desire to hide her heritage was a choice, he accent wasn’t. She didn’t like her accent it sounded soooo… uncivilised. But she had been talking like that for over a decade and didn’t think she would ever be able to correct her speech pattern.

Turning to Gris, she decided to forget that comment and defend her decision to Gricelda. That was something she could do. “I ain’t ashamed or anythin’, it’s just easier that way. Them bigots ain’t botherin’ me that way.

Kindlingrat

Kindlingrat
Bashir didn't actually notice the newcomers accent, really. Well, he knew she was doing something to her voice but he hadn't actually been aware of accents really, everyone sort of spoke funny in his opinion. In fact, he quite liked her, she seems like she's well prepared for th- wait did she just say something about Mercs? He listened to the story intently. He looked between himself and Hyght. Compared to Griz and Chloe he felt a little outclassed. "Wow... you must be pretty good at fighting then, haha!"

He took a sip of the Cola he'd collected earlier, looking at it in a puzzled sort of manner. This was...the sweetest thing he'd ever drank... "Is...is everything up here this sugary? Everything I've eaten seems to be really big with the flavours, haha!" He took another sip, happily waggling his tail as he did so. He took another bite of his Pizza too, relaxing back in his chair and yawning.

Hyght Briggs

Hyght Briggs
Hyght pointed his fork toward Gricelda as she finished speaking. "I agree with Grics." He said with a nod. "Granted I don't know what it's like to have to hide what I am." He gestured lazily to himself and said with a jovial tone, "I couldn't hide all this if I wanted to. However, you should feel free to show who and what you are. Faunus are people just like me, so I don't see why there has to be all the racism and prejudice and hate." Hyght looked at each of his roommates. "I don't know what it's like to be discriminated against. Where I'm from the population is pretty much struck down the middle so if there was any racism it was very well hidden." He placed his fork down and picked up his final vegetable and popped it into his mouth.

"A mercenary?" Hyght said a bit surprised. "Color me surprised." He inclined his head to Chloe. "I'm still reigning champion on lack of combat experience!" He cheered and raised his fist into the air as if celebrating. Hyght glanced at Chloe and noted that every so often she would have a small reaction to the sound of her own voice. As if something about her voice or words bothered her. It was true that her accent was noticeable and rather thick but Hyght didn't count that as a bad thing so much as just part of who she was. He wondered if she was self conscious about it or if he was reading too much into it. More than likely he was just reading far too much into something. Leave it be, kid. He thought to himself.

Hyght turned his head to look at Bashir as he took another pull from his glass of soda. The look on the rat faunus' face made him chuckle. "Not everything." He replied with a small shake of his head. "Though what you're drinking is called soda and they do tend to be very sweet. Especially if you're not used to the taste. Just be careful not to have too much. You're new to the sugar and if you have too much you'll have a stomach ache." Hyght stopped and blinked for a moment in mild surprise. "Oh hell I've become my mother." He said flatly and placed his palms to his face and groaned.

Gricelda Mee

Gricelda Mee
Gris raises an eyebrow as Hyght points at her with fork, but is glad to hear that both of them are in agreement.  She curls a smile as she muses to Chloe.

"Hear that?  Even this human gets it~  Honestly, if some human bigot rile you with nasty words or unwanted touching because of your race, you should fight back.  Afterall, your strong, your capable.  Its a shame you wish to hid that under a helmet is all..."

Gris resumes where she picked off with her meal, taking one of her hamburgers and scraping off the lettuce and tomatoes of the patty so that all that remained with the slabs of meat and a slice of cheese between two warm bread buns.  She chews off a piece, looking over to Bashir as she comments while chewing her food.

"Mhmm?  Oomm-nom.  Yeah, they stuff sugar in just about anything you can call food these days.  Watch your waistline, its easy to fatten yourself up with all of this food."

Gris takes shallows her food, quickly going in for a second bite into meaty hamburger.  Was she shallows her food and brushes her lips with a paper napkin, she looks up to Bashir, asking plainly.

"Where did you say you where from again?  Somewhere out in the wilderness was it?  Must with weird to see all of that food just laying there waiting to be eaten."

Chloe Erinys

Chloe Erinys
Hyght and Gricelda were still talking about her hiding her faunus features. She thought the subject was closed, wasn’t it? They said their argument, she understood it, but rejected the idea because she just didn’t want to be bothered at all. She frowned though, they made it sound like she was afraid of the biggots or that she was affected by the comments. “I don’t care ‘bout the comments or whatever they say. Ain’t afraid of them either, I’ll fight back if they say stuff to me ‘bout it, that’s fo’ sure, it’s even sorta fun ta put ‘em back in their place. Still, me just generaly prefer not bein’ bothered by them people is all, they ain’t worth me time.” That should be enough, should it? It’s not that she didn’t want to defend her position but there was better conversation topics than that between new roommates, wasn’t there?

At Bashir’s question about her, she wasn’t too sure how to answer, so she didn’t. She did think she was good at fighting and was proud of it, but saying it sounded somewhat like bragging. She opted to stuff her mouth with more cheese instead, sounded like a delicious solution. Hyght also commented on it saying he was still the only one lacking combat experience. That sort of bothered Chloe to be honest. Not that she thought he was beneath her because of it or anything, but she wasn’t the kind of fighter that was very good at protecting people, she was a very… run-in-the-fray-and-stab-at-everything-not-friendly type of fighter, not really the best position to keep an eye on teammates that are struggling. If he really was lacking battle experience, she hoped he was working on that. She didn’t know if roommates were usually assigned targets together but she had a feeling she would end up teaming up with him sooner or later.

The subject changed to how food was usually very sweet in general and Chloe had to agree, nodding appropriately. Chloe loved sweets so she didn’t mind… well she loved almost all types of food, cheese being her favorite, but sweet food was also pretty… well sweet. She listened to the conversation going on, trying to piece out information’s about all of them without asking. She didn’t know what was proper to as and what shouldn’t be asked, she didn’t want to offend anyone with her question. Also she still wasn’t sure if the human had made fun of her accent or not so she was fine not talking more than necessary. She was curious about the answer from Bashir though, the rat faunus looked like he was even more out of his element than she was so she wondered where and how he lived before.

Kindlingrat

Kindlingrat
Bashir paused for a moment after Gricelda had asked him the question, looking a little more... homesick? No... Concerned. "Yeah that's right. Way out into the wilderness we lived, so anything we wanted to eat we had to catch or grow... though there were the occasional Hunters and Huntsmen who had stuff to trade, one of the Huntsmen gave me my mask, actually. It is a little weird to see all this food piled high, I'll admit, and a lot of it's stuff I've never seen before... He sighed, shrugging, "I guess I'm still getting used to this whole thing, you know? A little bit of culture shock... you know?"

He paused again, before shaking his head quickly and smiling, "Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble on and on like that, You've just gotta take things that life gives you, and besides, I'm training to be a Huntsman now too, like you guys, so I'm sure that we'll do great!"

Hyght Briggs

Hyght Briggs
A small chirp from Hyght's scroll stole his attention from the conversation. Hyght made an apologetic gesture and pulled his Scroll from his pocket. The plan white shell was smudged with the small amount of grease that he had on his fingers. With a few wiping motions he cleaned his fingers and the shell. The Scroll opened into a six inch translucent screen with a blinking exclamation point over an envelope icon. Hyght pressed his finger to the icon and felt a faint buzz through his finger as his messages opened.

The message sender was Mason, the recruiter he bullied into accepting to take him to Syne.

Kid, it's Mason. I know it's only been a few hours but I wanted to see if you had gotten a room and weren't stranded in limbo. I'll be heading out to look for more recruits in the morning but I'll be back in a few days. Be safe till then. Don't go crying around everyone. You're a huntsman now. Or at in training. Anyway stay safe, Hyght. Talk to you soon.

The contents of the message was short but it made Hyght smile warmly. Mason was a craggy faced Huntsman that Hyght had grown surprisingly close to during their few days of travel from his home to the Academy. Hyght typed out a quick reply and closed his Scroll returning to the conversation as Bashir mentioned something about training and them doing great. Hyght nodded in agreement, despite not knowing the whole story.

"So what all is there for fun at Syne, Gricelda?" He asked as he tore into the remainder of his food.

Gricelda Mee

Gricelda Mee
Gris eyes dart in the direction of Chloe, seemingly disappointed in her shacking shakes head in slight disapproval.  Maybe one of these days she can get Chloe show the world who she really is.  For now, she returns her gaze back onto Bashir, listening to him speak a bit about Syne compared to the wilderness.  She lets off a small shrug as Bashir apologies for rambling but smirks as he tries to reassure all of them.  She waves her hand dismissively as speaks to Bashir.

"No need to apologies now.  Its only natural to feel apprehensive in an entirely unfamiliar place.  I'm sure the rest of us are feeling about as out of place as you are."

Gris smiles to Bashir, the tone in her voice raised to a slightly higher pitch.

"But your right, we are but hunters-" looks over both Bashir and Hyght

"-and huntresses-" looks over Chloe, before looking back to Bashir

"-in training so its a bit of a moot point now." states Gris encouragingly, forcing a smile on her face

Gricelda reflects on how alien Syne was when she first arrived and even after a few weeks she still felt like an outsider.  But having roommates now... made her feel less out of place.  Gricelda shakes out of the thought as hears Hyght asking her about fun activities at Syne Academy.

"Huh?  Oh, well for fun I like to run laps around the fields and track... or just the academy in general.  Oh and there is the Training Arena if you feel like practicing your swinging or are up for a friendly spar.  I have yet to actually find someone willing to spar with me though. I guess there are some other forms of fun offered here to.  If your a nerd, you could stuff your face in a book at the library or play mindless games at entertainment lounge.  I've seem the places but never been inside either of them.  Anything else, you would likely find within the bustles of the city.  Outside of that... well..."

A devious grin forms on Gris' face as she speaks cheerfully

"...I hear culling Grimm really gets the blood and adrenaline pumping."

Chloe Erinys

Chloe Erinys
Chloe didn’t miss the disapproving look her roommate gave her, or the head shake to accentuate it. She didn’t insist on the subject and the green haired girl was glad about it. Her situation was seriously closer to laziness than anything; putting bigot bullies back in their place was fun but they seemed to be everywhere to the point where it loses its appeal and becomes both time consuming and bothering. Then again, she wasn’t sure how long she would be able to keep using her helmet to hide her feathers. She could use her life with her family as an excuse to always be wearing her armor even during rest times, explaining how she was attacked randomly by her brothers and parents, anytime of the day or night, as a form of constant training. They were crazy and one of the reasons she came here, even if it wasn’t the main reason, was also to escape from that environment for a while. It had its perks, namely her raw strength and battle prowess were nothing to scoff at, but she needed a vacation… a looooong vacation. She came here to get away from that environment and she didn’t think she would feel like she really did get away as long as she kept being on guard and ready for a fight at any time. So in a sense, she wanted to be able to remove her armor in down times so the helmet would come off, probably pleasing Gricelda quite a bit… Or maybe she could find a hat that fits her? Guess time will tell.

The conversation had progressed some by now. The bird faunus had listened to Bashir and could understand where he came from. She usually had her food served to her but sometime she would be part of the hunting team tasked with getting game animals. When they passed by cities she would get more diverse food and was always delighted with anything cheesy. Her favorite was probably what people called cheese sticks, literally sticks of melted cheese inside a fried batter. Simply divine. Still, even with that she could understand how this abundance of food must look to the rat faunus if he really only ate food he hunted or scrounged. She didn’t say anything but did nod her understanding as well as once again nod to agree with the wolf faunus comments on it.

Hyght had seemed somewhat absent for a second from the conversation, looking at his scroll. This was one reason she didn’t like technology. Everytime she was in a city she would see people bent over their little screens, not even interacting with each other. Cities were full of humans and faunus at every corners, yet even that many people they barely acknowledged each other which made the cities look strangely empty to her. She could understand the convenience of the devices and agrees that she will probably get used to it being an important item of her daily life at some point, but it somewhat annoyed her already when people would let it distract them. Distractions were something that could get you dead in a fight, so Chloe had learned to be pretty focused at everything she does, without losing any awareness of her surroundings. Detect and identify everything going on around you, but never lose sight of what is in front of you. This kind of attitude was deeply rooted in her personality and she applied it also with her social interactions. Then again, that was all still stuff she retained from her constant battle ready mindset she wanted to distance herself from, so maybe she wasn’t so annoyed by Hyght’s casual attention shift to his scroll, but instead was envious of his ability to be calm and relaxed enough to be distracted by the device’s chime when she was still currently feeling uneasy about the absence of her spear at her side and had looked around for a substitute weapon should the need arise… That long bread loaf could probably handle a few hits so long as she channelled aura through it. No! Bad Chloe! No one is going to attack you while you eat here!

With an almost imperceptible shake of her head, as if to shake her thoughts off, she looked at Gricelda as she was answering the lone human’s question about what kind of fun one could have here. This question did interest the former nomadic girl as one way to relax oneself is to have fun. While training, running, hunting and reading a book all sounded nice to her, it was the games that caught her attention. “Think that ‘entertainment lounge’ have ‘em board games or cards? I played some of ‘em in the orphanage before me family took me in and I loved it. Ain’t had much chances ta play those after that.” Still looking at the grey haired girl, Chloe mimicked her devious grin. “If ya want ta spar and ain’t afraid ta get some bruises, I’ll spar with any of y'all.

Hyght Briggs

Hyght Briggs
Gricelda answered Hyght rather promptly, though he response didn't really help him much. She did mention that there was a library and an entertainment lounge. Those were two places Hyght would definitely find himself. He wondered how expansive the school's collection was on Dust or Weaponry. The idea of finding a large sum of knowledge excited him and he chuckled. "Guess I'm nerd then." He said with a smile and finished the last of his dink and food.

Chloe seemed interested in the entertainment lounge. She apparently had a liking for card or board games. That wasn't unheard of, especially given that she mention growing up in an orphanage. Hyght didn't know what it was like to be surrounded by a bunch of strangers and not having any family around to help comfort him. Or, I hadn't. He thought sadly but kept the emotion from his face. As the bird faunus spoke to Gricelda, issuing a friendly challenge of sorts, Hyght felt a yawn spring on him from the shadows. The young baker covered his yawn with the back of his fist and turned away from the table.

"Sorry." He apologized once his mouth ceased its contortion. "I think I'm gonna head back and grab some z's. It's been a long week." He said and gathered up his spent bottles and napkins. "Don't worry about waking me, I'm sort of a heavy sleeper." Hyght said with a weak smirk and stood. "I'll catch you three in the morning. It was nice to meet you all." He waited for the three of them to issue their final words of good bye before departing.

Hyght sluggishly slid his key into the knob of the door to his dorm room, resting his forehead against the cool surface. "I'm home." He said dryly and entered the room, his bag and books were right where he had left them. Forgoing unpacking for tonight Hyght grabbed a fresh change of clothes and headed to the shower. Fifteen minutes later he returned and climbed into bed and felt the long, strong fingers of the sandman clutch his consciousness and strangle it into submission.

(Exit Hyght Briggs.)

Gricelda Mee

Gricelda Mee
Gris wore a slight brow when Chloe seemed to have taken an interest in board games as she personally found them... well... boring.  That upside down smile quickly turned right side up at what she took as a challenge by Chloe for a spar.  Now that sounded like a fun friendly sort of competition.

"Ha haa ha haa!  I can tell that we are going to get along just great!" cheers Gris after her hardy bout of laughter.

Gris continues to consume of meal consisting almost entirely of meat, listening to Hyght as tells the rest of the group about how tired he is.  She gives the human a scowl as she ponders why someone would think about going to sleep at this hour... at it wasn't THAT late out.  Long day or not... it just struck her was lazy.  As Hyght departs, Gris scarves the last remaining morsel ham before she pushes the mess of plates to the center of the table and promptly lifts herself out of her seat.  She rolls her shoulders and twists her neck from side to side.

"Mhhrmmm... I guess I'll just get back to my daily workout regime. Gotta work off a meal like so that I don't start gaining wieght now.  You two take care of yourselves."

With that, makes Gris departs, but stops a few steps out as she turns looks behind herself to Chloe.

"Oh... and if your up for a little friendly competition... you are welcome come join in little sparring match.  Just know that I don't go easy on you and I except you to do the same.  If your up for it... well just find me in the training arena.  You'll know it when you see it~" chimes the wolf faunus, giving her a toothy grin as she finally makes her leave.

[Exits]

Chloe Erinys

Chloe Erinys
Everyone was leaving the table at the moment, or at least two of them were. Chloe on her side still hadn’t finished her meal, she had mostly nibbled on her cheese and didn’t touch the meat portion of the plate. She wanted to follow Gricelda though, the spar sounded like fun and she was curious how her new roommate would fare in a battle. “Yeah, you bet’cha I’ll be there in a lil’bit and kick ya ass! Just gotta finish ma meal ‘n grab ma spear in the room, then I’ll catch up to ya.

As the wolf faunus was leaving, the bird one shoveled down her own meat pie, downed her glass of soda and grabbed much cheese as she could before getting up. She waved goodbye to Bashir and half-jogged half-walked to her room to gather her spear. She was pretty good at finding her way all the time, some trait she got from her bird faunus heritage, her sense of orientation was near perfect, which meant she could walk back to her room with eyes closed after learning of the way once. Since she had already walked to the cafeteria from her room already once, the trajectory was engraved in her memory from now on.

As she got there, she realised she must have passed by Hyght on the way since she got there before him, he wasn’t there yet. No matter. She dropped the cheese she brought in a plastic container and threw it in the mini-fridge. She’d have a snack that way whenever she wanted. Spear now in hand, she got out and started walking toward the training arena… That is something she didn’t know where it was though. Oh well… guess it was time to check that most hated device again.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum