You are not connected. Please login or register

Sitting in the Courtyard (Open)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:10 am

Sonata

Sonata
"My family is dead," sonata told Jack evenly, as if she either couldn't or didn't want to feel the emotions from the experience. She was honestly a bit traumatized by the experienced. What had happened wasn’t a secret, but that didn’t mean she had ever been able to tell anyone about it. “And I don’t really make friends,” she said, pulling her book out of her bag before dropping it back in to emphasize the reason why. She enjoyed being in her own make-believe world as much or more than she did talking to people. She grinned after a moment to reassure him. “Tragedy is a good motivator,” she reminded Jack quietly brushing her hair out of her face as she let out a sigh.

27Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:41 pm

Jack Stroud

Jack Stroud
Jack felt bad his family was just separated but Sonata had nothing. "I'm sorry to hear that." He said honestly. He did feel bad he sort of forgot that others could have it worse then him even if they are human. He found her last remark about tragedy to be quite interesting. He never found something like that to be motivational he normally lived out his days either good or bad he always just pushed on. Even with his family divided it never really forced him to change his ways or lifestyle for the most part besides being without his family. "I've never had a tragedy motivate me. You just carry on...But I guess its cultural thing." He said still somewhat curious about her statement but maybe he was dwelling on this too much. He figured that Sonata's parents death is probably what 'motivated' her to get to Syne. Still seemed like a sad story to lose those so close then just delve into books to escape this world. "You are a good person Sonata, even if your parents were around I could imagine that you would still be here at Syne. Doing good for others."

28Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:20 am

Sonata

Sonata
Sonata let out a sigh. It wasn't a cultural thing. It was a Sonata thing. "I doubt I would be here," she told him honestly. She had never really had the desire to go outside or make friends or to do something other than reading her books. He'd misunderstood. "I would probably still be in my room while my mom and dad worried I would never be a normal person," she told him honestly. When her parents were gone, she'd had to choose a new life. If she had had it her way... well, Sonata Elswere would have gladly never become the near-prodigy huntress she was today. "I never lived in this world. Nothing was real before everything happened. Then it was too real."

29Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Jack Stroud

Jack Stroud
Jack felt bad for her he was thinking of something to say to uplift her. "You don't know that there is an indefinite different things that could of happened. I believe everyone has a destiny you were always meant to be here to do great things." He said with a smile. It truly was his belief in life, he wondered if others might think the same but its a different view on life. "Either way what has happened is already done and gone. You are here and you will do great things. Bellmuse is small but I'm sure when most of graduate we will go to the mainland and explore the world and help others." He was fairly confident in his belief but who knows what could happen. Between the white fang and Grimm maybe they would never leave the Island. He wasn't sure but for now that wasn't important. "Either way Huntress or not you are special Sonata." He said trying to lift her spirits up.

30Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:37 pm

Sonata

Sonata
Sonata was confused for a short moment as to why Jack seemed so intent on telling her how great she would have been no matter what happened. She barely twitched an eyebrow, resisting the urge to raise it questioningly. Then it hit her. All of his compliments were to make her feel better over some perceived sadness. "Your thoughts are appreciated," she told him with a slight blush. Even if she currently wasn't feeling down, she did enjoy the thought of someone actually caring that she might be sad after a story such as that.

The pair of them kept walking, entering the school. The hallways were mostly empty - it was a nice afternoon and most people were either outside or were doing something important in a library or classroom. "I don't know about being great, however. I am just a girl with far fewer social skills than huntress-related ones who spends too much time daydreaming."

31Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Jack Stroud

Jack Stroud
Jack smiled "We are still young we don't have to grow up to be a hunter or huntress. There is nothing wrong with lacking a few skills and daydreaming. Because I am very much in the same boat as you." He walked along the hallway trying to take in some of the building design so he wouldn't get lost. He was oddly upbeat and happy even though this talk with sonata was less then uplifting. "Got to stop looking at what you don't have and start looking at what you do have. You have at least one friend. You have skills and you are smart." He smiled brightly at her. "You seem to bring out a good side of me normally i'm not so optimistic and i'm more rational, not sure if its good or bad." he laughed lightly as they walked along. He didn't find too many people looking at them and if they did it was normally a glance which he was happy for. Seems like people didn't pay much mind to a faunus around here which was odd for him.

32Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sitting in the Courtyard (Open) Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Sonata

Sonata
"That's probably because I am rational enough for two," Sonata replied to Jack with a shrug. She faced forward mostly, as if she were uninterested with the beautiful views around Syne Academy. She did, however, keep stealing glances at Jack as they walked and talked, which was a bit uncharacteristic of her. "Perhaps your new-found optimism will rub off on me," she mused with a chuckle as she ran a hand through her short lilac-grey hair. A few people looked at the pair as they walked through the hallway. Sonata had a way of attracting attention *because* she didn't want to attract attention, or so it seemed. Or maybe it was because a faunus and human were walking together in the hallway. She doubted it. People seemed relatively tolerant overall, at least if they didn't have to do such things, themselves. Sonata pulled her glasses out of her jacket again, putting them back on and looking at him in what seemed like a single, smooth motion. "I am aware this probably sounds weird," she decided to say, "But I enjoy your faunus ears. They look very fluffy."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum